Top 5 Premiership Defenders

Stevie

Vidic is nothing special. He is great in the air and that counts for a lot in this league but he is continually caught out when Evra goes walkies and he is dragged out to the left. Very ordinary when he's exposed one on one...Stephen Ireland made a fool of him when Trabelsi scored in the derby, Sheringham made a mug out of him when West Ham beat them - and thats just the ones that resulted in goals that spring to mind, it happens quite often. Reminds me of Hyypia.

Vidic is nothing special. He is great in the air and that counts for a lot in this league but he is continually caught out when Evra goes walkies and he is dragged out to the left. Very ordinary when he's exposed one on one...Stephen Ireland made a fool of him when Trabelsi scored in the derby, Sheringham made a mug out of him when West Ham beat them - and thats just the ones that resulted in goals that spring to mind, it happens quite often. Reminds me of Hyypia.

I agree with this and yet i have Vidic in my top5 but all defenders have their weak points. Ideally u'd have him along side a quicker more footballing centre back like what Man U have done, altho Rio is equally as dodgy at times.

Guest kingdawson

dawson probably wouldn't be in my top 20 tbh - all other players mentioned in this thread are much better.

as are yobo, taylor, cole, bridge, campbell, eboue, lescott etc. etc.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif. Come back to me when he gets an England call up.

dawson probably wouldn't be in my top 20 tbh - all other players mentioned in this thread are much better.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif. Come back to me when he gets an England call up.

The fact that Dawson is in the England squad doesnt mean anything

Its not like he is playing(even for 5-10min)

On the other hand i also think that Taylor is and will become even better player then Dawson

He needs couple of years of experience and will be in the England squad for sure

Guest kingdawson

On the other hand i also think that Taylor is and will become even better player then Dawson

He needs couple of years of experience and will be in the England squad for sure

Hilarious stuff. I think its only Newcastle fans (and maybe a few other fans on this board) that actually rate him. Never hear him get a mention from commentators or anyone. Last season he was pants and this season he's been ok (from the little ive seen).

Hilarious stuff. I think its only Newcastle fans (and maybe a few other fans on this board) that actually rate him. Never hear him get a mention from commentators or anyone. Last season he was pants and this season he's been ok (from the little ive seen).

There's better footballers on this message board than Matthew Dawson son.

And only the Tottenham fans rate Dawson.He is pretty average IMO

Taylor pisses all over Dawson tbh, as soon as you put a average defender next to Dawson he falls apart! All Taylor ever plays with is average defenders and he can be excellent!

England call ups mean bugger all tbh! Phil Neville started at left back last game, does that mean he is a better left back that Baines?

Guest kingdawson

Well thats a lie. Erickson must have rated him to call him up to train with the squad at 19 playing in the championship? Mclaren must have rated him to keep calling him up? Liverpool must have rated him to try and sign him 2 seasons in a row ( Phil Thompson goes on about this on soccer saturday)?, David Platt must have rated him to play him ahead of Taylor in the u21 team? Commentators must rate him to keep going on about him on countless occasions?

Taylor pisses all over Dawson tbh, as soon as you put a average defender next to Dawson he falls apart! All Taylor ever plays with is average defenders and he can be excellent!

England call ups mean bugger all tbh! Phil Neville started at left back last game, does that mean he is a better left back that Baines?

I agree.....

Calling himself Kingdawson would be like calling myself King Bramble

Guest kingdawson

Sven was going to call up Shola, tbh!

'Going to' are the key words. Sven then came to he's senses and realised how shite he is. Dont even know if this is true tbh.

Well thats a lie. Erickson must have rated him to call him up to train with the squad at 19 playing in the championship? Mclaren must have rated him to keep calling him up? Liverpool must have rated him to try and sign him 2 seasons in a row ( Phil Thompson goes on about this on soccer saturday)?, David Platt must have rated him to play him ahead of Taylor in the u21 team? Commentators must rate him to keep going on about him on countless occasions?

Platt played him ahead of Taylor because he is 3 years older.When Dawson was 21,Taylor was 18...

And you think that if commentators rates some players they are right...???

Sven was going to call up Shola, tbh!

'Going to' are the key words. Sven then came to he's senses and realised how shite he is. Dont even know if this is true tbh.

The fact he even thought about it and the fact that Jenas keeps getting called up shows how fair you can measure an England call up. McLaren is an awful manager and Sven is the bloke who took a striker to a world cup he never had any intention of playing over someone who could have actually done a job!

You telling me Dawson doesn't look shite when King is out, really!!?

Guest kingdawson

Platt played him ahead of Taylor because he is 3 years older.When Dawson was 21,Taylor was 18...

Its just that Taylor's name in hardly ever mentioned. Even when there going on about good young English defender,you' hear Dawson mention followed by Lescott and even Anton bloody Ferdinand but timt and time again they neglect Steven Taylor. He's pretty shite tbh so cant really blame them.

Sven Goran Eriksson who most people agree did a pretty bloody poor job as England manager considering the resources he had?

Steve McClaren who has had a shocking start as England boss and who Middlesbrough fans were absolutely delighted to get rid of?

David Platt who got sacked as U-21 manager cos he was shite?

Its just that Taylor's name in hardly ever mentioned. Even when there going on about good young English defender,you' hear Dawson mention followed by Lescott and even Anton bloody Ferdinand but timt and time again they neglect Steven Taylor. He's pretty s**** tbh so cant really blame them.

And Claude Makélélé's name is hardly ever mentioned in games...

So he is shit too a??? ;D ;D ;D

Guest kingdawson

Its just that Taylor's name in hardly ever mentioned. Even when there going on about good young English defender,you' hear Dawson mention followed by Lescott and even Anton bloody Ferdinand but timt and time again they neglect Steven Taylor. He's pretty s**** tbh so cant really blame them.

And Claude Makélélé's name is hardly ever mentioned in games...

So he is s*** too a??? ;D ;D ;D

Im not talking about during a game you complete retard. Anyway Mekele is usually praised for the hard work he does so try again.

Has kingdawson never heard of hype?

I remember the media going on about Danny Cadamarteri and Francis Jeffers like they were the next big thing, not to mention some of those famous wonderkids at Spurs, like Rohan Ricketts.

That must have been around the same time they tried to sign Boumsong  :thup: