Kenny Miller

Delima

Chronicle

Still time for Miller

Feb 11 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Kenny Miller

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder last night confirmed his interest in Celtic striker Kenny Miller.

The United boss admitted he had been warned off making a firm offer for Scotland star Miller during January.

But with Roeder insisting his summer transfer targets will include those he pursued last month, a summer bid for Miller is a possibility.

And the 27-year-old's struggle to hold down a starting place at Parkhead could make a move to Tyneside tempting.

"Miller was a player who was one of several I looked at during January," Roeder revealed.

"But I got the impression that making a serious enquiry would be a waste of time; that it would be a worthless phone call.

"He was one of three or four strikers who I was working through though."

Miller, 27, only joined Celtic last summer on a free transfer from Wolves.

But although he starred in the Bhoys' march to the knock-out stages of the Champions League and is first-choice in the Scotland side, his Scottish League form has been patchy at best.

That has seen the likes of Craig Beattie and Derek Riordan leap- frog him in the pecking order.

Yes or no to Kenny Miller?

No, for me. Can we please aim for someone better, more proven or better potential?