St James' Park

Delima

I haven't met any of them yet, will keep my wits about me.

Same. Not met any. Although visiting 2/3 times per year you see the damage these cheap student/uni blocks are doing in trems of the balance of the city.

The brewery site was a missed opportunity- they could have completely changed the layout but instead just laid out as many buildings as possible on the footprint.

It's no different to anywhere else in the country, the development laws make it hard to restrict new projects. Unless you're Dolly Potter.

Was that the mad old bint who stopped us building a new stadium back in the day? Pet hate: old interfering people with too much time on their hands. Hope to join their ranks eventually obvs.

I've seen a few people say things that lead me to believe they wish we had built a new stadium before the SJP expansion. Is that a common opinion?

I wouldn't have thought that would be popular.

It was just hyperbole when John Hall was punting the "Barcelona of The North" thing, but she was a meddling old biddy who got people annoyed. I like SJP where it is tbh.

I haven't met any of them yet, will keep my wits about me.

Same. Not met any. Although visiting 2/3 times per year you see the damage these cheap student/uni blocks are doing in trems of the balance of the city.

The brewery site was a missed opportunity- they could have completely changed the layout but instead just laid out as many buildings as possible on the footprint.

It's no different to anywhere else in the country, the development laws make it hard to restrict new projects. Unless you're Dolly Potter.

Two national research centres for big data/aging will be class but aye, the rest is a missed opportunity.

Alas there's little money in town aside from the universities and public sector which are universally derided so it's very much make do. It'll always be the same and more cities will get worse when HS2 comes about.

Guest Howaythetoon

Worst one is when you're in London and meet a s*** geordie, which is a geordie who is firstly a total prick but secondly, and most heinously, completely slags off the area to anyone who'll listen. Only met a few s*** geordies but when I have I get out of the situation quickly as I'm never going to be capable of anything constructive with those kind of anger levels [emoji38]

A few lads I used to go to school with (all from the posh end of Gosforth) who now live in London are like that. All

disappeared up their own arses at some

stage.

I'm critical of both my City and the club, but when discussing such things with people from other areas I do nothing but sell the place/club.

Guest Howaythetoon

Whenever I'm in London visiting my sister and we are at the pub which contains a mixture of Arsenal and Spurs fans. I always set them straight about Newcastle. Their views are often that Ashley has sorted our finances out, we expect too much, KK spent a shit load and bottled it etc. and that Shearer was a mug for turning down Yahnitud...

Guest Howaythetoon

Don't get me started on the Shearer should have joined man united s****.

They don't get it and never will!

I've seen a few people say things that lead me to believe they wish we had built a new stadium before the SJP expansion. Is that a common opinion?

My gran, mother and me signed a petition on Northumberland Street against the Stadium. The town moor is one of the city's Crown Jewels and John Hall needed to leave it the f*** alone. Worked out well anyway!

My gran, mother and me signed a petition on Northumberland Street against the Stadium. The town moor is one of the city's Crown Jewels and John Hall needed to leave it the f*** alone. Worked out well anyway!

I was on the opposite side. Moving slightly up the road to Castle Leazes would have been ideal. Even now take a walk up to that area, it's a dog bog that 20stone blokes won't walk over in the dark.

Is that area actually Town moor ?

No, the area wasn't the town moor. It was the strip of land just beside Leazes Park and to this day is just a s*** tip of land which has a mix of cows and students using it beside run down housing.

Is there any chance, Ashley aside, that we could possibly revisit the idea of moving to Town Moor or Leazes Park?

The big problem with the idea in the first place was that everyone up here associates the 'town moor' as the land where they go when the funfair is here.  This bit of land is not, it's around half a mile South West and past the Central Motorway and RVI.

A field full of s***, cows and students taking shortcuts as well as dog walkers putting the squeeze on something that would boost the city ten fold.

I still think the Quayside is a better option for a new site

Next to the arena?

The arena is going and all the land down there will be residential and more student acvomidation.

Guest neesy111

I still think the Quayside is a better option for a new site

Next to the arena?

The arena is going and all the land down there will be residential and more student acvomidation.

:anguish:

The gentrification of the city centre with student accommodation is fucking ridiculous.  Newcastle city centre is one the worst in the UK for residential accommodation.

Something needs to be done, this labour party currently in the at the council are a joke.