St James' Park

Delima

24 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

80,000. The cost of making the extra 10k of seats is likely to be minimal but the ability to bring in the next generation will be priceless. 

And the best way for us to maximise matchday revenue is a big capacity and affordable ticket prices.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Got to be 80k minimum. Some space age design nobody else has done too.

Roof that closes, a revolving stadium with a subterranean stage that comes up out of the pitch for live events.

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

So we need the Met Life Stadium with a roof on in Leazers park

US Bank Stadium is one of, if not the best in my opinion. Something like this with a huge single tier at one end and the window overlooking Leazes Park/City.

image.thumb.jpeg.fe473d43efc0ffc80e4a3637c94b1c65.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Whitley mag

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

US Bank Stadium is one of, if not the best in my opinion. Something like this with a huge single tier at one end and the window overlooking Leazes Park/City.

image.thumb.jpeg.fe473d43efc0ffc80e4a3637c94b1c65.jpeg

image.jpeg

Canny walk up to level 55 there 

5 hours ago, Ben said:

I would say the same however Spurs and Arsenal are just over 60,000

And both are far too small. Got best part of 100k people on ST waiting lists for tickets. If we're building a new stadium 60k is pointless and doesn't futureproof us. I'd say 70/75k would be about right.

80k. I think we'd actually fill it for most games in the first few years too if it were to happen, the demand to see the team is there. I'd expect the novelty to wear off a little for some but as the team gets better the demand will grow again. 

It's all about balancing maximising the revenue (mainly having excellent corporate facilities) whilst still having reasonably priced seats for the next generation. If we have to leave SJP then I only want to do it once. Make it huge, make it fantastic, make it to last

Just been looking at recent decent sized stadiums, Spurs’, SOFI, that Vikings stadium. They are all about 200 meters wide. Even if we look at Castle Leazes, there just isn’t the width there, and that is without factoring in land around it for fans to enter, and leave.

The only option left then is to build steeper stands, but even then surely you are limited in what you can do.

I just don’t think there is room for a stadium that has all the amenities that we want, and would need.

If an architect is going to be able to do it, then it’s going to be some engineering 1st, and something expensive.

Edited by Stifler

8 minutes ago, midds said:

80k. I think we'd actually fill it for most games in the first few years too if it were to happen, the demand to see the team is there. I'd expect the novelty to wear off a little for some but as the team gets better the demand will grow again. 

It's all about balancing maximising the revenue (mainly having excellent corporate facilities) whilst still having reasonably priced seats for the next generation. If we have to leave SJP then I only want to do it once. Make it huge, make it fantastic, make it to last

We'd fill 80k right now tbh. Maybe when we have the inevitable downturn and crowds drop off it may prove to be too big, but then again football is growing in popularity all the time so that could well compensate.

If we did go to 80k it would be great if they could set all U18s tickets at a tenner and look after the next generation of fans.

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

We'd fill 80k right now tbh. Maybe when we have the inevitable downturn and crowds drop off it may prove to be too big, but then again football is growing in popularity all the time so that could well compensate.

If we did go to 80k it would be great if they could set all U18s tickets at a tenner and look after the next generation of fans.

We also have to factor in the rising population we’ll face here.

The North East has had its housing targets doubled, we are one of, if not the least densely populated region.

Over the next 50 years, I can honestly see the North Easts population double.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We also have to factor in the rising population we’ll face here.

The North East has had its housing targets doubled, we are one of, if not the least densely populated region.

Over the next 50 years, I can honestly see the North Easts population double.

I don't know like. In Post code SR they're extremely dense

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Roof that closes, a revolving stadium with a subterranean stage that comes up out of the pitch for live events.

Nice humorous homage (it’s what we do now…) to revolving dance floor Tuxedo Princess/Royale,  maybe make the stadium ship shaped? (‘D’ intended). 

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

The cost of making the extra 10k of seats is likely to be minimal

Not actually true. The ‘last’ row is the most expensive to build, as it’s the highest and furthest away - more stairs, more concrete, more steel. Means the last row has the lowest return on investment, as it has the highest cost to build and the lowest ticket price.

6 hours ago, Stifler said:

When Arsenal built theirs, only Old Trafford would have been bigger than their stadium. If Arsenal were at Highbury now, and building the Emirates, they wouldn’t be building what they have now. They have actually ended up stuck with a stadium that is just generic stadium that isn’t really distinguishable from the Stadium De Luz, or Atletico’s stadium.

Spurs’ was more constrained with the footprint.

The advantage both of them have though, is London prices for tickets, and of course London events. Arsenal used to host Brazils friendlies in Europe, however the invention of Nations League etc means this isn’t really an option anymore.

I wonder if the Emirates can be expanded? I know anything is possible, but in a practical sense? 

That's the thing, these teams are committed to what they have for a considerable amount of time. 

When it is our turn, even spurs stadium is going to be slightly outdated by then. Think it's no coincidence that old Trafford and st James were redevelopmented at similar times and us and them seem to be next.

It's difficult to see man city adding after their latest expansion, anfield could perhaps do the dog leash stand.

Edited by Pancrate1892

70k minimum. 80k would be great to host other events or even other European final events. 

By the way, how many do we have on the ST waiting list?

Edited by nufcjb