St James' Park

Delima

21 minutes ago, Earp said:

With any potential application on LP the club could/will be required to offer a weighty financial contribution via a S106 agreement to the Council (not constrained by FFP) for them to spend as they see fit eg 'upgrade' the remainder of the park or something that would represent a benefit of significance to help go some way to outweigh the harm a new ground will have.

It's unlikely that such a S106 contribution would be weighty in relation to the overall cost of any development. They can't be used to 'buy' a permission, they can only be directly relevant and commensurate to the scale of impacts of a development. Replacing an area of and/or restoring the rest of Leazes Park isn't going to be a weighty cost in the context of a new stadium.

Edited by Jackie Broon

I think Howe's comments in his presser was spot on to be honest, and sum up a lot of fans view would be to be honest:

"Well I think its a difficult one for someone like myself, who people want to know my opinion, but I've not got all the facts. As i'm not hearing all the pros and cons on all the decisions. 

I think my natural instinct was to always stay at St James Park, its an incredible place to play football, its our home.

So to think about moving somewhere else feels a little bit of a betrayal to somewhere that has served us so well. 

But we are aware that as a football club we need to increase our revenue.

So people with more brain cells than myself will make the decision for the benefit of the long term impact of the football club and that's always the most important thing.

I could be swayed, but my natural instinct is to want to stay.  

13 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Watched that ten min parcel of shite from Eddie Leezers.  Right load of bollocks, the man makes huge leaps from very little.  The idea that a replacement area +10% would be impossible to find etc.  Total shite.  Besides, if the club were to build on Castle Leazes, it wouldn't require the entire demolition of the existing park - Eddie Leezers seems to think it'll be plonked right in the middle of the lake ...

Think I'd rather dip my head in Fred west's toilet bowl than listen to that daft cunt 

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Seen loads of clickbait from YouTubers about what we're DEFINITELY DOING. Haven't clicked on any of them.

We are definitely thinking about doing something, somewhere at some point. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's unlikely that such a S106 contribution would be weighty in relation to the overall cost of any development. They can't be used to 'buy' a permission, they can only be directly relevant and commensurate to the scale of impacts of a development. Replacing an area of and/or restoring the rest of Leazes Park isn't going to be a weighty cost in the context of a new stadium.

I'm sure a financial contribution relating to the nature of the development and its potential impacts could be agreed which could prove attractive to 'decision-makers' at NCC, alongside a Planning Committee full of Mags....

59 minutes ago, Earp said:

I'm sure a financial contribution relating to the nature of the development and its potential impacts could be agreed which could prove attractive to 'decision-makers' at NCC, alongside a Planning Committee full of Mags....

I agree with that, it was that it would be a weighty amount that I was questioning, it would be likely to be pennies in relation to the overall cost of the development.

Edited by Jackie Broon

3 hours ago, 54 said:

I think Howe's comments in his presser was spot on to be honest, and sum up a lot of fans view would be to be honest:

I think Eddie's summed it up perfectly tbh, his views match mine. While I understand the fears about moving away from St James, I don't want us to be boxed into becoming a 2nd tier club whose ceiling will become top 6 instead of champions one day.

1 hour ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Emergency committee meeting between Arse, Pool, Manu and the PL incoming. Maybe demand infrastructure spending must be from sustainable green sources e.g. not oil money.

The Mancs can hardly talk - wanting the governemnt to help , not to mention their tax dodging Ratcliffe

1 minute ago, jarrovianmag said:

The Mancs can hardly talk - wanting the governemnt to help , not to mention their tax dodging Ratcliffe

As if that would stop them :yao:

1 hour ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Emergency committee meeting between Arse, Pool, Manu and the PL incoming. Maybe demand infrastructure spending must be from sustainable green sources e.g. not oil money.

That’s one of the reasons why I have been impatient on it. As soon as Man Utd, Liverpool, and PSG sort their grounds out, both the Premier League, and UEFA will change the rules.

However, we can reveal that positive, informal talks with the city’s freemen over the use of Leazes Park seriously brings into play a rebuild behind their current home. It will also need Newcastle City Council on board. Sources say it would be ‘premature’ to call this outcome the favourite, but they did not deny it could emerge as so. Tellingly, one source says: ‘Everyone gets the importance of the location and maintaining that.'

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I mean, if that ends up being true, that's the best possible outcome, right? Even the boomers would have to be okay with only moving a few hundred yards away.

Being one (only just mind) I concur.

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Found it interesting that LIV Golf officials were reportedly in attendance at that summit 

Think Greg Norman was at the City game ?

41 minutes ago, Stifler said:

That’s one of the reasons why I have been impatient on it. As soon as Man Utd, Liverpool, and PSG sort their grounds out, both the Premier League, and UEFA will change the rules.

They still need a majority vote. 

A world class stadium on Leazes would be transformative for both the club and city. I've had enough with the nimbies and enemies of progress these past 15 years. Would be fantastic to stick it to them with such a scheme.