St James' Park

Delima

Hopefully season ticket owners don't ruin it, can already foresee a couple arguments over standing. The Leazes Corner worked since it was a blank slate and started as singing section so nobody had the right to moan about having to stand. Club should have done a better job with this imo, cleared all the season ticket holders out and started fresh. Nobody can complain about being turfed out of their seat, they've done it a couple times with people in level 7 so it's nowt new. Either way hope it works and good luck to those involved.

The idea is that it'd be a section for like minded fans to get together and sing and wave flags throughout the game and not just pre-kick off. Unofficially, they'd be standing one would assume and Wor Hyem are working hard with Gallowgate flags and the club to ochestrate it.

It's exactly what all stadiums need across the country in response to this ridiculous away section at pitch side crap. Away fans and clubs shouldn't feel at home as it should be a disadvantage.

Wor Hyem works as a name as it obviously means our home. It is our home. Whilst it might not have a punchy ring to it or whatever it makes sense and regardless of that these lads are really trying to make a positive difference for all match goers.

They essentially are teaming up with Gallowgate Flags but are focusing more on the vocal aspects and dealing with the club to obtain a singing section as one of their current main goals. Gallowgate Flags work predominantly with the more visual aspects and their limitations within the ground.

It is pretty much the same thing I agree but different people head up different aspects.

Anyways...It's good that people are putting the effort into improving the atmosphere. :thup:

Thanks for trying to answer. Think they should've started with the Strawberry corner then slowly block by block expand it across the Gallowgate.

Regardless I hope it takes off as I'd reverse my predominately away games attendance for more home games if it does.

The idea is that it'd be a section for like minded fans to get together and sing and wave flags throughout the game and not just pre-kick off. Unofficially, they'd be standing one would assume and Wor Hyem are working hard with Gallowgate flags and the club to ochestrate it.

It's exactly what all stadiums need across the country in response to this ridiculous away section at pitch side crap. Away fans and clubs shouldn't feel at home as it should be a disadvantage.

Wor Hyem works as a name as it obviously means our home. It is our home. Whilst it might not have a punchy ring to it or whatever it makes sense and regardless of that these lads are really trying to make a positive difference for all match goers.

They essentially are teaming up with Gallowgate Flags but are focusing more on the vocal aspects and dealing with the club to obtain a singing section as one of their current main goals. Gallowgate Flags work predominantly with the more visual aspects and their limitations within the ground.

It is pretty much the same thing I agree but different people head up different aspects.

Anyways...It's good that people are putting the effort into improving the atmosphere. :thup:

Thanks for trying to answer. Think they should've started with the Strawberry corner then slowly block by block expand it across the Gallowgate.

Regardless I hope it takes off as I'd reverse my predominately away games attendance for more home games if it does.

Strawberry Corner is probably 99% season ticket holders as is the middle tier, whereas Gallowgate Upper is probably only 50-60%.  Far easier to implement it where there's a far smaller % of season ticket holders.

Strawberry Corner is probably 99% season ticket holders as is the middle tier, whereas Gallowgate Upper is probably only 50-60%.  Far easier to implement it where there's a far smaller % of season ticket holders.

My concern is Gallowgate upper volume doesn't translate very well around the ground so would just be self-serving. Strawberry corner has a large proportion of likeminded fans in place already and influence either sides (Gallowgate middle and end of the East Stand). So instead of asking likeminded fans to move just advertise it as the start of singing section and if people don't like it they can move after being given fair warning. Constant flags also won't be seen by large portions of the ground if in Gallowgate upper and I dare say more importantly the TV won't pick them up either.

Fair points. Problem is that in the Strawberry Corner whilst there is atmosphere a lot of the inhabitants wouldn't appreciate flags and not being able to see the match all game. I think it's good to have a trial run where it's going to be and then seeing what appetite there is for it. As always though it's a matter of giving it time to develop as Level 7 did and that's in the hope that Ashley doesn't have another but of twattery during that time.

Is part of the flag thing not about it being a good visual display? Nobody will see it if they're in the upper tier of the Gallowgate.

Again, a fair point. But the flag displays will still happen pre-match and will simply continue throughout further up the stand. I think it's a safe bet for all involved until it develops. It's no less than what is currently happening.

Less people to be pissed off, no ST holders to be moved, it's a fresh project and the club need to gauge the reaction as do the respective fans / fan groups. If it develops it will grow down the Gallowgate and that's the aim.

Guest Howaythetoon

As shit as the name is, all power to them and anyone else trying to create a positive atmosphere.

Think the Gallowgate upper is the perfect choice. If you hear fans behind you singing it's almost a default reaction to join in.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Being in the upper tier noise should take hold of the rest of the stand better than if it was at the front for example. Also towards the end of last season when the atmosphere went up a few notches a relatively small amount of singers right at the back of the Gallowgate (200 or so) made a decent amount of noise so with a couple of thousand more hopefully joining them they should be able to make quite a din.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinkin about doing the Stadium tour & Sunday dinner on Sunday 6th August.

As it looks likely we will announce a friendly that date, does anybody know if the stadium tour would still include all areas of SJP, inc dressing rooms? Or is it a watered down version, that doesn't include areas being prepared/used for pre-match?

Thinkin about doing the Stadium tour & Sunday dinner on Sunday 6th August.

As it looks likely we will announce a friendly that date, does anybody know if the stadium tour would still include all areas of SJP, inc dressing rooms? Or is it a watered down version, that doesn't include areas being prepared/used for pre-match?

Already have :thup:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/magpies-confirm-verona-friendly

Cheers, same question applies

It will be limited if not on at all I'm guessing for security reasons alone. Obviously contact them to be 100%. I did River Plate's and they limited there's and it was just a training day.

I'd check if they even do tours on Match days, they said they didn't when we tried to book on a match day a few months ago but that was a league game mind.

Eventually did the tour last weekend actually with me brothers and grandad, was really good.

Guest chopey

Me and the bairn have done loads of stadium tours and Newcastle's is one of the best and by far the cheapest

We did the tour in January on the day of the Rotherham game so they do still have the match day tour.

Was still pretty good and got to see everything

Ah fair do's, my brother bought vouchers for the tour and it must have been that we could only redeem them on a non-matchday or something then, or that they weren't doing them that particular day. Worth checking ahead anyway.

Guest neesy111

Sheeran is playing next year at St James.  :anguish:

Exploiting additional revenue streams and getting these events at SJP and not the SoL can only be a good thing.

If it's organised anything like the Kings of Leon concert a few years, we won't be getting any back anytime soon.  Was an absolute shambles compared to concerts at the SoL.