St James' Park

Delima

I do wonder whether some people might be over estimating the reach/potential of our fanbase. I wonder how much of Man City is corporate? I'm sure they've thrown everything at it so they're probably a decent barometer. 

Most of the boxes are SJP are local companies aren't they? How much more could they squeeze?

We're on the crest of a wave at the moment. Absolutely everyone wants to be a part of it at the minute. That won't last forever though, eventually apathy will set in and there'll be less demand. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Indeed. So you're living in a 'dream world' if you think Newcastle being good is only possible if fans are rinsed for cash/being replaced by wealthier fans, are you? Hey ho.

Can't have success if the plebs aren't paying money they barely have, to people who wipe their arses with it, so they can circumvent FFP rules and show they can justify spending money that's actually theirs' on players - with the pleb’s money, which won't be used at all, and wouldn't cover the cost of those players anyway.

Exactly what is it about this sane and logical process that you can’t get into your thick heads?

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I do wonder whether some people might be over estimating the reach/potential of our fanbase. I wonder how much of Man City is corporate? I'm sure they've thrown everything at it so they're probably a decent barometer. 

Most of the boxes are SJP are local companies aren't they? How much more could they squeeze?

We're on the crest of a wave at the moment. Absolutely everyone wants to be a part of it at the minute. That won't last forever though, eventually apathy will set in and there'll be less demand. 

I can’t imagine the luxury of being apathetic about challenging  on all fronts and playing entertaining football week in and week out, with a team of players giving their all for the shirt. But that’s just me :indi:

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I can’t imagine the luxury of being apathetic about challenging  on all fronts and playing entertaining football week in and week out, with a team of players giving their all for the shirt. But that’s just me :indi:

But you've made six thousand posts on a Newcastle United forum. Some people (and their significant others and disinterested kids who they drag along) arent actually that arsed, and will go less often in a few years. Might be wrong like. 

If we do have to build a new ground then it has to be on the Leazes, moving any further away from there wouldn't feel like home anymore for me. Not a fan of the old Telewest site. Though still pretty much city centre, it feels out the way. 

Edited by Tross

Its the same spiteful fans who are so against a stadium. I love St james, from Robson years as an 11 year old to championship seasons which I loved to our current team which is joy to watch but times move on and if a new stadium solves issues then so be it.

These fans so against it are same fans so will refuse to move from "their seat of 20 year" to allow standing etc.

Current ground will shut out next generation of fans.

On the argument of spending last time in pubs if we move ground etc, I actually think this hinders atmosphere. If fans were in earlier atmosphere would build more than rocking up at 3pm.

1 minute ago, NUFC91 said:

Its the same spiteful fans who are so against a stadium. I love St james, from Robson years as an 11 year old to championship seasons which I loved to our current team which is joy to watch but times move on and if a new stadium solves issues then so be it.

These fans so against it are same fans so will refuse to move from "their seat of 20 year" to allow standing etc.

Current ground will shut out next generation of fans.

On the argument of spending last time in pubs if we move ground etc, I actually think this hinders atmosphere. If fans were in earlier atmosphere would build more than rocking up at 3pm.

Agree with your first three points there but to say getting in earlier would improve atmosphere is wrong IMO. We'd all be standing there whinging about the selection & price of beer.

I went to a baseball match in America once and really enjoyed one of those Philadelphia cheese steak sandwiches. Is there any chance that in a new stadium there'd be something like a sandwich stall where we'd be able to get one of those Philadelphia cheese steak subs, and then go back to our seats and eat it with enough room to neither infringe on the next person's arm space or get any of the juice on our trousers?

6 minutes ago, Tross said:

Agree with your first three points there but to say getting in earlier would improve atmosphere is wrong IMO. We'd all be standing there whinging about the selection & price of beer.

PSG first time ive seen Leazes concourse bouncing and i got in at 7pm and was absolutely packed

30 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

But you've made six thousand posts on a Newcastle United forum. Some people (and their significant others and disinterested kids who they drag along) arent actually that arsed, and will go less often in a few years. Might be wrong like. 

How many % of actual Newcastle fans post on this forum? I would suggest a pretty small percentage. The fan base will keep increasing as we continue to expand and improve. Some might not like that, but that's what's going to happen. The corporate areas also won't just be local firms, there will be national and international firms signing up. It will be the same for the support with additional numbers coming from the rest of the uk and worldwide. If you want to be a top club then this is just the way it is. 

Reading twitter honestly so many moany fucking pricks. We are in champions league and could well be again next season, trust the fucking process. If we get a new ground will you still be there...yes..so stop fucking moaning.

Lets remember how far we have come ffs.

3 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

PSG first time ive seen Leazes concourse bouncing and i got in at 7pm and was absolutely packed

Obviously due to the fact we were playing our first European Cup game since 2003. Hardly going to be the same against Bournemouth (h). 

2 minutes ago, Tross said:

Obviously due to the fact we were playing our first European Cup game since 2003. Hardly going to be the same against Bournemouth (h). 

If you build a ground with loads of bars and a huge standing end lads would get in early. Happens at Celtic spurs etc now

I think the club will do what they have to and if we’re going where they want to take us, a state of the art world beating stadium is a matter of when not if? Whatever is the best in the world they’ll want it and want to put a cherry on top of it! 

Just now, NUFC91 said:

If you build a ground with loads of bars and a huge standing end lads would get in early. Happens at Celtic spurs etc now

But they don't have access to 100+ pubs & bars with pre-match entertainment right on the doorstep of their ground like we do. 

Build the massive standing end though. 

17 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Have you tried getting a pint or anything to eat anywhere near those grounds?

sorry, just seen same post above.

Edited by Bellis80

City have cheated like fuck financially to be the best team in the world and people still pay 500 quid to get in. That should be how to do it rather than people accepting they need to pay more. The pressure on the fans to do anything or pay more should be none.

9 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

City have cheated like fuck financially to be the best team in the world and people still pay 500 quid to get in. That should be how to do it rather than people accepting they need to pay more. The pressure on the fans to do anything or pay more should be none.

Yet their ground still feels soulless and is full of tourists

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Feels like Man City have calculated that they don’t need the extra money from fans, it’s not enough to make a difference to FFP really. 

Not when their owners companies plough about £200m a year into the club......

The corporate demand is massive and demand outstrips supply.  There is way more money in sections of the north east than people realise.  We have significant deprivation but across the region there is a lot of wealth too.

if you are a company in London for clients/employees you have all manner of cultural (art/music/opera), sporting (Wembley, Twickenham, Lords, Wimbledon, the o2, London Stadium, Emirates, Tottenham etc) plus more tk

take clients use.

In Newacastle it’s PL football.  Kingston Park, the Arena are not premium sites where you would want to spend time. St James corporate - there is nothing else.

This time will be looked on as a golden period during the early days of the new regime before the inevitable price rises Im sure.  There would be a queue of o people ready to spend £1k plus on a season ticket this afternoon if the option was there.  The club knows that and they will merrily say goodbye to current ST holders who can’t or won’t pay the new market rate.