Delima

5 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Must cringe on a weekly basis do you?

It wasn't a celebratory tackle kind of thing he done today

It was more of a wake up you pathetic cunts kinda thing

25 minutes ago, jack j said:

Agreed

We've gotta cheek to call these new stadiums soulless

Today was the worst I've experienced post-takeover. Heron needs more mates in the corner, that's all it is. The random ballot and seating BS has ruined a lot of it. We were clinging on to something before that came into play.

Just now, jack j said:

It wasn't a celebratory tackle kind of thing he done today

It was more of a wake up you pathetic cunts kinda thing

I just think that's Bruno tbh but maybe there was more to it I'm not seeing.

I agree with the overriding feeling of shit atmospheres at St James, just tired of seeing it every week when we all know it's not right but fuck all will be done until the end of the season at the earliest, if ever.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Today was the worst I've experienced post-takeover. Heron needs more mates in the corner, that's all it is. The random ballot and seating BS has ruined a lot of it. We were clinging on to something before that came into play.

The atmosphere, save for some sections of the Gallowgate was probably as bad as I can remember post-takeover for sure. I’d say about 75% of the ground made zero noise apart from a few grumbles when we misplaced some passes and to cheer when we scored. If people’s main contribution from the stands is to say “for fuck’s sake, get a tackle in. Stop standing still, you’re shit” and then to not sing or roar the lads on then they can fuck right off. No idea what the answer is because it’s on such a huge scale 

Fucking shambles today. 28 mins to get in leazes. The average age will kill atmosphere. Its like a fucking doctors waiting room.

Also we need to get standing in Leazes asap.

21 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Must cringe on a weekly basis do you?

Like jack said, this was different. It came across to me like he was telling people to wake the fuck up man kind of thing.

The support is pathetic at the minute and only a designated singing enclosure and people being able to choose their seat can help it.

The singing enclosure has to be at least 3k as well to really make any noticeable difference.

24 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The support is pathetic at the minute and only a designated singing enclosure and people being able to choose their seat can help it.

The singing enclosure has to be at least 3k as well to really make any noticeable difference.

They could even do it within the current ballot framework if they're wedded to it.

Set aside the area (or areas), give it some "branding", make it clear what it is and what it's for and allow people to seek out tickets specifically in that area.

Like I said in another thread, no ballot ticket today so watching on my ipad in the crows nest. Group of fellas opposite offered me a ticket as it was too cold and wet and they couldn’t be arsed. Unfortunately couldn’t transfer a ticket as the match was already half an hour in, tragic 

Noisiest and most positive fan around me today was about 7 year old

Last season I was always in same section, I had mates nearby, I got to know people around me, we all enjoyed standing and making a racket, it was class.

This season I’ve had some dire experiences, it’s actually depressing being around these miserable twats and the disinterested arsewipes playing on their phones 

I don’t expect everyone to want to stand and sing, but to turn up with the sole intention of slagging our own players off, or to be sat scrolling Facebook when it’s 1-1 against Milan with 10 mins left. What’s the fucking point in these people being there ?

12 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Last season I was always in same section, I had mates nearby, I got to know people around me, we all enjoyed standing and making a racket, it was class.

This season I’ve had some dire experiences, it’s actually depressing being around these miserable twats and the disinterested arsewipes playing on their phones 

I don’t expect everyone to want to stand and sing, but to turn up with the sole intention of slagging our own players off, or to be sat scrolling Facebook when it’s 1-1 against Milan with 10 mins left. What’s the fucking point in these people being there ?

These aren’t new things. I remember some absolutely dreadful times during the Rafa years. Had to stop going to the matches for a period because I just argued with pricks around me who’d fuck around on their phones non-stop and only look up to tear a strip off someone for misplacing a pass. 

Aye, it’s definitely not new. That’s the major problem, these fuckers have been going for years and years and the club has moved on but they haven’t 

Through bad times and now the good, the miserable and disinterested have been sat there In “their” seat, pouring scorn from the minute the match kicks off 

24 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

If you see anyone actively doing something on their phone please find out what network they're on for me :thup:

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

If you see anyone actively doing something on their phone please find out what network they're on for me :thup:

Downgrade to 3G/4G if you're on android and it'll help with getting a connection.

Samsung on 3G mode is the trick for phone signal apparently 

1-1 against Milan, 10 mins to play, I look down and the woman in the row in front is sat scrolling though pictures of her mates Xmas trees on Facey B and checking the Irish lottery results

Waste of a ticket, both lottery and match  

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Samsung on 3G mode is the trick apparently 

1-1 against Milan, 10 mins to play, I look down and the woman in the row in front is sat scrolling though pictures of her mates Xmas trees on Facey B and checking the Irish lottery results

Waste of a ticket 

People checking their accas is bad enough. Think I’d have leaned over and chucked her phone onto the pitch :lol:

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Samsung on 3G mode is the trick for phone signal apparently 

Waste of a ticket, both lottery and match  

Most of the networks are switching off 3G now so enjoy it while it lasts.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

Most of the networks are switching off 3G now so enjoy it while it lasts.

I’ve got an IPhone, need to be beyond Sandyford to stand any chance of getting a signal on match day 

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

£100m - £200m I reckon for the temporary stadium according to best estimates. Spurs cost £1.1bn, Everton seemingly heading towards £800m-£850m. All part of the investment to bring something spectacular that showcases the Saudis to the world via NUFC.

They’re not going to pay that to get around £70m back on the gate.   It’ll be comfortably £200m+ for a temporary stadium with the barest of amenities.  A 50k stadium isn’t going to just be plonked down - it would require substantial civils works to build it. 

We’d have to go somewhere for a season or two. Scotland.. how about Murrayfield? Just over 2 hours travel on the train. Has hosted football matches before and am sure the Scottish Rugby Union wouldn’t turn down the rent money.