St James' Park

Delima

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Player photos, Monty the magpie soft toys, kit shaped cushions and lamps. 

I had one of those clocks that was a wall wrist watch too thinking back.

You could get black & white wallpaper, which is ironic when you think that Ashley stopped it and claimed his money was as useless as wallpaper.

My room was absolutely dripping with Newcastle stuff like, it was obscene.

Remember those league table posters with the slots for each team, each team was a shirt that you slotted into each league position and you added each result to a grid? What an absolute chew on. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Stifler said:

New York City have just announced their new stadium, and they will have a 7 storey club shop.

It's NYC, but $780m for 25k capacity. Looks cool:

yg4uvjbza1xaz911nq2s.jpg

2 hours ago, Golden Dragon 1976 said:

Sorry for this long winded post ( especially seen as its my first one!) 

I've just read the last few pages of this.  I've seen loads of talk on fb about the stadium and building next to St James or down the Quay where the old arena is and like Yorkie above i was against it but if its going to happen then i think it need to be outside of the city - maybe Gosforth park where our minority owner already own?

But,  i still not sure about this "we'll fill 85k stadium" etc etc. Granted depending on the design, concerts, other sports et al will be easier to put on but we've managed the rugby league at St James without any problems so now i leaning more back to staying!

I also worry when thing start going down hill, which they will - do we really want me and 40k diehards cheering on the team in a 85k stadium cause that's what happened not so long a go under FM!! There a seat next to me which must be owned by a company ,,,, its always filled for man city, Liverpool arsenal at home but had no one in it the last 3 games so i would say its already started to some degree!

I’d rather have 20k empty seats if we’re shit than 20k locked out when we’re good tbh

Went to a few American club shops last Autumn, Mets, Rockies, Broncos and Dodgers. Totally different experience to the mess that ours is. People were queuing up to get into a bigger shop than ours at Coors Field and the crowd was about half what we get. 

Should the success not come first before the stadium? Surely just building a new stadium doesn't guarantee bums on seats - you need the demand.

Edited by duo

I do think the club x Adidas will build something half decent over the summer. The small is pretty small though so they’ll have to be clever. 

Have they (or do they have to) submitted plans on city council planning portal for it? I can’t get onto it for some reason so can’t check 

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Should the success not come first before the stadium? Surely just building a new stadium doesn't guarantee bums on seats - you need the demand.

Its a lot harder to get success without increasing the revenue, which is the whole point in a new stadium, or even a redevelopment.

Sounds like the pre modern club shops were better than now nevermind since they went professional. Portacabins though they be with programmes from all over the UK which was exotic then, match videos (wish I got the lot now)and other merch akin to fanzine tshirts and stuff. All the strips and stuff. 

As has been said, like the back page now.

That unofficial none corporate feel.

Edited by Jonas

3 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

Its a lot harder to get success without increasing the revenue, which is the whole point in a new stadium, or even a redevelopment.

I get that but to increase revenue they would need to fill the 70, 80, 90k (whatever the capacity) - and they will need to fill it week in week out.  And to sustain that would we need to be performing on the pitch i.e. not a mid-table team which tbf we currently are.

Edited by duo

2 minutes ago, duo said:

I get that but to increase revenue they would need to fill the 70, 80, 90k (whatever the capacity) - and they will need to fill it week in week out.  And to sustain that would we need to be performing on the pitch i.e. not a mid-table team which tbf we currently are.

True, but they’re ambitious. The conservative, or unambitious approach was the one Ashley had. 

I find the ‘if we have a slump again we’ll be back down to 40k again’ a bit strange too. It was nearly always sold out under Rafa and always was before Ashley. It would take some slump.

17 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

True, but they’re ambitious. The conservative, or unambitious approach was the one Ashley had. 

I find the ‘if we have a slump again we’ll be back down to 40k again’ a bit strange too. It was nearly always sold out under Rafa and always was before Ashley. It would take some slump.

I don't ever think we'd get close to the lows of Ashley days - absolutely not.  But to fill 70, 80, 90k you will need to be performing.

3 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Player photos, Monty the magpie soft toys, kit shaped cushions and lamps. 

I had one of those clocks that was a wall wrist watch too thinking back.

I was just thinking the other day about the old team photo they used to do. The club has not done it for years (do other clubs still do it?)

Why was all the non playing staff wearing the away kit back 1999-00 season photo :lol: 

JS26191510.jpg

Edited by Playmaker

6 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

I was just thinking the other day about the old team photo they used to do. The club has not done it for years (do other clubs still do it?)

Why was all the non playing staff wearing the away kit back 1999-00 season photo :lol: 

JS26191510.jpg

Bloke front row on the very right going full on Ashley Cole 

1 hour ago, JJ7 said:

Went to a few American club shops last Autumn, Mets, Rockies, Broncos and Dodgers. Totally different experience to the mess that ours is. People were queuing up to get into a bigger shop than ours at Coors Field and the crowd was about half what we get. 

Helps when you have disposable income unlike in the UK.

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Helps when you have disposable income unlike in the UK.

Your bang on, I was walking around the central business district here in SG yesterday lunch time thinking damn, I’m surrounded by rich people :lol:

really makes a mockery of the UK where in most places you think, damn why is everyone so poor. 

21 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

JS26191510.jpg

I'm sorry like, but top (w)right is peak physical male form and I'll fight anyone who dares disagree.

The original Dr Death and Newcastle track and field champion.

7 hours ago, pubteam said:

Jesus, I remember that night. Hideous game/experience.

ashamed to say i was drenched right through sitting in the milburn down by the front. think we may may have been in the first or secind row.

so depressed and soaked i couldnt be arsed getting up so just pissed meself.

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

ashamed to say i was drenched right through sitting in the milburn down by the front. think we may may have been in the first or secind row.

so depressed and soaked i couldnt be arsed getting up so just pissed meself.

I remember my dad coming back and having to dry the notes in his wallet he was so drenched.

1 hour ago, Playmaker said:

JS26191510.jpg

This needs to be a challenge, to name all of them without cheating.

Struggling on most of the top row, 

The two between Ketsbaia and Lee?

I'm sure the guy next to Shearer was Australian? I'm struggling. 

Edited by mighty__mag