St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

Shit, the only time I used to like to go in early was to watch the players train when I was a little kid.

IMG_0219.png

This is why I go in early now. Such a novelty for me to see a football match in Europe I'm basically a kid :lol: Love getting up close watching warm ups and taking in the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Tross said:

If you all want concerts & NFL then I suggest fucking off to London. Lower the capacity at SJP, stick the Leazes roof back on and get it rocking again, that's all we need. 

Do what they'll never expect, lower the capacity :lol:

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do what they'll never expect, lower the capacity :lol:

Its a cunning plan to ensure we stay in the lower reaches of the Prem. or perhaps the Championship.

Tbf considering the amount of comments I've started seeing about people buggering off mid-match for chicken bites at SJP, I can't wait to see the reactions to fairweather fans wanting to make use of genuinely quality facilities if we move to a state of the art stadium. :lol:

21 hours ago, gbandit said:

Outside the city centre is surely a non-negotiable for all fans, would be utter shit both for the city and the club 

It won't happen. They know they'd lose support. I know things change but Newcastle moving out of the city is the same as Milton Keynes dons for me. I'd rather just go to the bars in town than traipse to some industrial estate or backend of neewhere. 

Realistcally expanding at the current location is a logistical and financial nightmare. The only realistic way is a new location, or a temporary home where the current site is bulldozed and rebuit. Without change we are stuck, and and have no chance of catching up. 

Every team with a new ground had the majority of fans objecting to it, but I doubt there many Arsenal fans who now prefer Highbury(the libary) to the Emirates or Spurs that prefer the old White Hart Lane. Hell even Radcliffe is trying to get away from Old Trafford at the tax payers expense, knowing that a decent upgrade would be looking at billions. Perhaps we should try that and become the real "Wembley of the North"

20 minutes ago, wormy said:

Tbf considering the amount of comments I've started seeing about people buggering off mid-match for chicken bites at SJP, I can't wait to see the reactions to fairweather fans wanting to make use of genuinely quality facilities if we move to a state of the art stadium. :lol:

I haven't seen this happening in modern stadiums (I can only go by NFL, NHL and MLB stadiums I have been in). There are so many choices and the queues never all that large so people don't seem to go early. Also, there are in seat sellers that pass the beer and food along to the seat so you don't need to move if you are that desperate to eat and drink during the match.

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

I haven't seen this happening in modern stadiums (I can only go by NFL, NHL and MLB stadiums I have been in). There are so many choices and the queues never all that large so people don't seem to go early. Also, there are in seat sellers that pass the beer and food along to the seat so you don't need to move if you are that desperate to eat and drink during the match.

Blocking the view of the pitch. Sounds great

16 minutes ago, jack j said:

This hasn't just been made up yesterday FFS. People have thought about every objection you may have before.

The person stands at the split between levels and shouts out. When there is a gap in play the transaction takes place.

They were doing this at the summer series and it worked great. The overall experience was very good.

23 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Tbf having one of those grim burgers delivered straight to my seat in the run up to half time sounds like a dream. 

24 minutes ago, jack j said:

I imagine they're on the move every second so you might have to crane your neck for like an extra two seconds now and then. It's not like the crowd itself doesn't already impede the view by getting up and down.

9 minutes ago, wormy said:

Tbf having one of those grim burgers delivered straight to my seat in the run up to half time sounds like a dream. 

I'm fairly sure they tried this at SJP at some point years ago. No doubt sharp realised it was entirely pointless with the connectivity round the ground.

6 minutes ago, Anderson said:

I'm fairly sure they tried this at SJP at some point years ago. No doubt sharp realised it was entirely pointless with the connectivity round the ground.

Agree. That's why so many revenue generators will require a new ground, whether it be in Castle Leazes, on the same spot or somewhere else

3 hours ago, wormy said:

I reckon take out a couple of rows of seats and have a man driving a tram fuckin thing with a stall on it. He has ready made pints and burgers and you just flash your card and passes you the shit. If your sat away from the food and drink monorail your basically fucked 

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

It’s a footy match not a bait eating competition 

All food that isn’t a pie should be banned from football stadiums from 30 mins before kick off until full time

Ok Mr Garnett. It's 2024 you know...

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

It’s a footy match not a bait eating competition 

All food that isn’t a pie should be banned from football stadiums from 30 mins before kick off until full time

Shite. And I thought that was a good idea 

Reckon, now I think about it, I've bought food twice tops at SJP since 1991 where I had a brief penchant for the new club branded fudge.

10 hours ago, Bellis80 said:

People wanting to play in a not full stadium yet moaning about the current atmosphere doesn’t make much sense.

How many concerts do other clubs have? Spurs have three listed this summer and can’t remember other clubs having more than that. Also got the rugby union european finals which St James had recently. Is only the nfl in addition to that and probably no more of those games to go around.

If concerts are such a big draw and money spinner why are they building the new arena near enough the same size as the old one?

Doesn't seem all that to me. Very different situation at Coventry with the stadium ownership issues but that's purpose built for these things and I cant imagine if the club owned the stadium it would have made any more difference to them than it has Sunderland.

If good food was available, I would be all over it. Beats sneaking in my chicken and rice in my jacket. They could even close the area around the stadium off at a certain point to allow for food/beer stalls just outside the ground to be used. Works alright at a few clubs. Saves the ques a lot.

6 hours ago, ryanegg said:

If good food was available, I would be all over it. Beats sneaking in my chicken and rice in my jacket. They could even close the area around the stadium off at a certain point to allow for food/beer stalls just outside the ground to be used. Works alright at a few clubs. Saves the ques a lot.

NUFC should lobby the council to implement a new law that the hundreds of restaurants, cafes, fast food outlets and food shops that are within a 1/2 mile of the stadium have to close on match days so everyone has to eat the overpriced stadium bait in the ground 

Edited by bobbydazzla

I still laugh most days about the lad I saw at Wembley who’d remortgaged his house to pay for some chicken nuggets, then accidentally dropped them on the floor as he left the kiosk

The look of pure devastation on his face as the reconstituted homogeneous paste of poultry entrails in their thin coating of batter stared up at him from puddles of £9 a pint Budweiser   

Probably the highlight of that day for me 

Edited by bobbydazzla

36 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

NUFC should lobby the council to implement a new law that the hundreds of restaurants, cafes, fast food outlets and food shops that are within a 1/2 mile of the stadium have to close on match days so everyone has to eat the overpriced stadium bait in the ground 

I get your point. How it could work is that some of those local businesses get to put a pop up stall/van smack bang outside the stadium. 

12 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I still laugh most days about the lad I saw at Wembley who’d remortgaged his house to pay for some chicken nuggets at Wembley, then accidentally dropped them on the floor as he left the kiosk

The look of pure devastation on his face as the reconstituted homogeneous paste of poultry entrails in their thin coating of batter hit the deck and landed in puddles of £9 a pint Budweiser   

Probably the highlight of that day for me 

I think you need serious help if you’re getting off on things like that😂

7 hours ago, ryanegg said:

Is this our version of them RTG “cheese slice”?

each to their own but the mind boggles that people can’t go 90 minutes without scranning. There’s always been pies since I started go mid 80s but I’ve honestly never felt the need to eat at the match other than 1 or 2 occasions where I’ve overdone it on the drink. 

Were definitely moving towards an NFL family style day out. 

“you’re going home in a fkin ambulance (because you’ve got type 2 diabetes)…”

4 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Is this our version of them RTG “cheese slice”?

each to their own but the mind boggles that people can’t go 90 minutes without scranning. There’s always been pies since I started go mid 80s but I’ve honestly never felt the need to eat at the match other than 1 or 2 occasions where I’ve overdone it on the drink. 

Were definitely moving towards an NFL family style day out. 

“you’re going home in a fkin ambulance (because you’ve got type 2 diabetes)…”

[emoji38]