St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

8 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

In these antiseptic and curated times it wont be long before recorded fan noise and singing will be pumped into the stadium via speakers 

Don't they already have microphones and speakers to amplify the noise at Millwall or is that a myth? Sure I've seen photos of them mind! 

It is a shame there isn't a realistic option to play at for a few years if there were to completely rebuild on the current site. 

Pop-up stadiums etc are pipe dreams, unless they could somehow expand the International Stadium to house at least 30k as a short (ish) term measure. 

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

It is a shame there isn't a realistic option to play at for a few years if there were to completely rebuild on the current site. 

Pop-up stadiums etc are pipe dreams, unless they could somehow expand the International Stadium to house at least 30k as a short (ish) term measure. 

I’d say the closest alternative that isn’t Sunderland is probably Darlington Mowden Park?

Maybe Boro would let us too

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

I’d say the closest alternative that isn’t Sunderland is probably Darlington Mowden Park?

Maybe Boro would let us too

Agree but even both of them are a pain in the arse for us to get to in terms of having to start your match day in the AM probably. I know you can easily get the train to Darlo but would need some form of system in place like the derby back in Jan or obviously more trains.

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This the fella from populous begging for the job again? :lol:

Nah this a different firm begging for the job instead

Hated Wembley both times I've been in there. Compared to something like the San Mamés, it's awful. Way too flat in the stands in both senses of the word. 

2 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Hated Wembley both times I've been in there. Compared to something like the San Mamés, it's awful. Way too flat in the stands in both senses of the word. 

Unfortunately they made the two ends normal fans get absolutely shite and too deep. God knows why they kept it like before 

17 hours ago, NEEJ said:

Went to Athletic v Real Madrid last season. Loved San Mamés.

25 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Went to Athletic v Real Madrid last season. Loved San Mamés.

They kicked off just as we touched down last month, unfortunately. Had to settle for the stadium tour instead but it was really impressive. 

On 05/04/2024 at 19:12, Pancrate1892 said:

No mobile phones

More blokes drinking and going with their mates 

I'm old enough to remember pubs closing in the afternoon when we all had to pile into the Pils Club in Sandyford. 

Tap at the door, little latch window opens, bloke stares out, lets you in. 

Like a scene from LotR

Edited by Groundhog63

17 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

106 miles was always ridiculous and scaling back a $1.5T project is much different than a few hundred million to £1B project, but it is another example of some possible PIF issues as @TheBrownBottle has mentioned before.

Still can pay a golf player more than they bought our club for though.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

106 miles was always ridiculous and scaling back a $1.5T project is much different than a few hundred million to £1B project, but it is another example of some possible PIF issues as @TheBrownBottle has mentioned before.

Mebs theyve been tipped the wink on FFP etc and fancy dropping £ 1.5 trill on the toon 🤩