St James' Park

Delima

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Panorama of an empty St James' Park. Love watching a stadium slowly fill up on match day. pic.twitter.com/0uvrjEQO

View photo  Reply  Retweet  Favorite

A4m127yCQAISe-1.jpg:large

scrap the SD bullshit and that is beautiful  :smitten:

The silence in an empty football ground like SJP is immense before a game like today.

Imagine Pardew is soaking it up every time as he's always (one of) the first to arrive.

Guest Geordiesned

I couldn't believe yesterday that he tosser has turned the wide screen TVs on their side so that he can have split screen. The bottom half shows match highlights, etc and the top half advertises fucking Sports Direct!

Guest neesy111

I couldn't believe yesterday that he tosser has turned the wide screen TVs on their side so that he can have split screen. The bottom half shows match highlights, etc and the top half advertises fucking Sports Direct!

I don't why he has to market SD even more inside the ground, it's a stupid marketing strategy.

Guest firetotheworks

I couldn't believe yesterday that he tosser has turned the wide screen TVs on their side so that he can have split screen. The bottom half shows match highlights, etc and the top half advertises f***ing Sports Direct!

I don't why he has to market SD even more inside the ground, it's a stupid marketing strategy.

...because there are cameras in the ground, and away fans.

Guest neesy111

I couldn't believe yesterday that he tosser has turned the wide screen TVs on their side so that he can have split screen. The bottom half shows match highlights, etc and the top half advertises f***ing Sports Direct!

Inside the stadium, i mean inside the concourses etc like what Geordiesned was getting on about.

Guest firetotheworks

Inside the stadium, i mean inside the concourses etc like what Geordiesned was getting on about.

Away fans and brand exposure is my guess.

Away fans and brand exposure is my guess.

It's a new third-party dealing with the screens - http://elevensportsmedia.com/products.php

How it's displayed is their job, what's displayed is Ashley's.

So I doubt it's his call on turning the TVs sideways :)

On the shortlist to hold Rugby World Cup games in 2015.

Bad news is that we were told we were definitely getting it.

I've got an awful feeling SoL is going to get it instead, which would be horrendous for Northumberland County Rugby :anguish:

On the shortlist to hold Rugby World Cup games in 2015.

Bad news is that we were told we were definitely getting it.

I've got an awful feeling SoL is going to get it instead, which would be horrendous for Northumberland County Rugby :anguish:

Was part of the original bid wasn't it? With the Olympics being successfully held there this summer I think we've a good case tbh, hope so anyway. I'll definitely pop along if successful.

Guest Geordiesned

who wants rugby on our pitch, it will only need resurfacing after

Agree. The World Cup takes place in September and October so might not only arse up our fixture schedule but could ruin the pitch. Let the Mackems have the egg chasing nonsense.