St James' Park

Delima

• 4 weeks later...

I see Chelsea sold out within 24 hours. It seems to be a common theme with home games now. Maybe it's time the club assessed the need for expansion? Especially if Rafa agrees to stay on for a while longer.

I see Chelsea sold out within 24 hours. It seems to be a common theme with home games now. Maybe it's time the club assessed the need for expansion? Especially if Rafa agrees to stay on for a while longer.

This ownership will never look into it. The next, maybe.

To be fair, given the cost and complexities involved in any future expansion, they'd need about 5 years of continuous sell-outs to justify it.

To be fair, given the cost and complexities involved in any future expansion, they'd need about 5 years of continuous sell-outs to justify it.

If Ashley shifted we could easily do that. We probably can anyway, as long as Rafa’s here and we’re in the top flight.

Haven’t we been pretty much at sell outs even in Ashley’s darkest days?

More or less, but I think SteV was talking post-expansion.

I wasn't, but you're actually right. If we somehow were to expand, we probably wouldn't be recouping the layout for that for a good few seasons, and obviously that would be reliant on selling-out the expanded capacity.

I think we need to be careful with expansion. I used to work with a Leeds fan, who always said Newcastle don't have more fans than Leeds (and many other teams), it's just that all your fans go to the match. And to an extent he's right. I think the primary reasons for that are the stadium location, which is unrivaled in this country, and perhaps from that a culture's developed that if you support Newcastle you go to the match.

The way things are at the minute you absolutely feel we'd sell-out a 65k stadium, but if something were to happen that resulted in Rafa leaving.....

Both Newcastle and Northumbria uni have an allocation given to them to sell on. Last season Northumbria would have the tickets for about a week until they sold out (no idea about Newcastle uni). This season has seen Northumbria sell out as soon as they go on sale. WBA tickets went on sale this morning, they were supposed to go on sale at 10am but the student union had queues for the tickets at 8am (bare in mind most students can’t be arsed to get up to go to 9am lectures). Anyway they had to start selling them at 9am to get people out of the way of the doors. Sold out instantly.

Both Newcastle and Northumbria uni have an allocation given to them to sell on. Last season Northumbria would have the tickets for about a week until they sold out (no idea about Newcastle uni). This season has seen Northumbria sell out as soon as they go on sale. WBA tickets went on sale this morning, they were supposed to go on sale at 10am but the student union had queues for the tickets at 8am (bare in mind most students can’t be arsed to get up to go to 9am lectures). Anyway they had to start selling them at 9am to get people out of the way of the doors. Sold out instantly.

The Newcastle ones go almost immediately. They went pretty quick last season n all although they're sold via a different way now so it's not like for like.

What happened the Ice Hockey team?  Vipers wasnt it? I used to go to the arena to watch them.. must have been like 10 :lol:

edit: was it the Jesters, actually? fuck knas

The folded after Tony and Christopher chored all of their knock off wine.

What happened the Ice Hockey team?  Vipers wasnt it? I used to go to the arena to watch them.. must have been like 10 :lol:

edit: was it the Jesters, actually? fuck knas

The folded after Tony and Christopher chored all of their knock off wine.

Lovely word, haven't seen it an age.

Guest Howaythetoon

One of the reasons why I think we could easily fill say a 60k ground is our cup attendances. I’ve always said and NUFC.com have stated similar, we seem to have two sets of fans. ST holders who are at what, 44k in number and the rest who buy tickets. Cup games can see 10-20k non ST holders attend. Look at open days which attract upwards of 8-10k people. Priced and marketed correctly we could easily sell thousands more. I dare say if the club released another 7k tickets for the final home game, but fans would have to watch inside the stadium, they’d get snapped up. The appetite for NUFC is and always has been high, from kids to old grannies even if it’s just showing an interest and wanting ‘the lads’ to do well at the weekend.

We could probably remove the roof from L7 and add a few more tiers then reattach the roof. Build up basically as we cannot build out it seems.

Not really been mentioned on here, but we've doing a bit of an Arsenal for most of the season. Lots of empty seats in Level 7 every game even when it's a sell out.

It's been very noticeable this season. I'd say there's at least 500 empty seats spread across level 7 every match now (If you grouped everyone together you would probably be left with an entire empty section). It's strange because tickets are so hard to come by for home games at the minute yet all these seats, all in the same area of the stadium, are left empty.

Maybe it's something that could be brought up at the Fans Forum next week.

Not really been mentioned on here, but we've doing a bit of an Arsenal for most of the season. Lots of empty seats in Level 7 every game even when it's a sell out.

It's been very noticeable this season. I'd say there's at least 500 empty seats spread across level 7 every match now (If you grouped everyone together you would probably be left with an entire empty section). It's strange because tickets are so hard to come by for home games at the minute yet all these seats, all in the same area of the stadium, are left empty.

Maybe it's something that could be brought up at the Fans Forum next week.,

:thup: Completely meaningless subject in the grand scheme of things so yeah they'll probably be happy to discuss.

:thup: Completely meaningless subject in the grand scheme of things so yeah they'll probably be happy to discuss.

Well, not really. If the discussion centred around a way of ‘selling’ your season ticket for a game you weren’t attending, I think that would be meaningful.

Not really meaningless to a lot of people. There's people who have paid out for memberships who couldn't get tickets for the Chelsea game yet there'll be 500+ spare seats up in Level 7 for the match.

Guest chopey

The spare seats around me in level 7 are all season ticket holders that only attend the odd games, so they couldn't sell the seats to members anyway.

The spare seats around me in level 7 are all season ticket holders that only attend the odd games, so they couldn't sell the seats to members anyway.

I'm aware that the seats are already sold I just find it strange that so many people, all from the same section of the ground only decide the turn up to the odd game (Gallowgate, Leazes, East Stand is always packed).

I mean why buy a season ticket when you don't plan on going.