St James' Park

Delima

He wouldnt replace Northern Rock because a lot of money is generated with the shirt sponsor. However, we could well see his stick Sports Direct on there somewhere, you're allowed 2 sponsors arnt you?

The £4m or so (a year) we get from Northern Rock could easily be covered by the profits from player sales.

Btw how could he have charged the club interest if we've been making a loss, losses which he's been covering? I must be missing something here, apologies.

He could have charged the club interest and not drawn it until there was cash available to pay it. The Carroll money comes to mind as an obvious opportunity to recover a back payment of interest. But he hasn't done that and all loans are designated as non interest bearing.

Btw how could he have charged the club interest if we've been making a loss, losses which he's been covering? I must be missing something here, apologies.

because a company doesn't make a profit doesn't mean their creditors aren't due the money, had he wanted to he could have treated nufc as an entirely separate entity and done what he wanted to recoup the monetary value of his loans to the detriment of the club

obviously this would have ended up ruining us and reducing the resale value of the club, so since he bought it he's been treading this fine line

that's how i read it anyway

Probably been mentioned before, but:

Lee Ryder: From what we are told, this is to showcase what other companies can do with the space if they pay for the rights.

Whether any companies come forward and take them up on the offer remains to be seen.

Lee Ryder: From what we are told, this is to showcase what other companies can do with the space if they pay for the rights.

Whether any companies come forward and take them up on the offer remains to be seen.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ryder is such a fucking mug.

Where did that cunt of a man come out with that?

Absolute sack that bloke

Where did that c*** of a man come out with that?

Doing his live chat thingy just now.

Where did that c*** of a man come out with that?

Doing hos live-chat thingy just now.

Spineless.

I can just imagine the advertising brains behind some of the biggest brands in the UK or even the world being unsure as to how they could use the space until kind Mr Ashley shows them.

'Oh I see now, so we could put some big signs up? Revolutionary!'

so do you all think he'd turn down hard cash if it was offered by a sponsor then?

We'll see. Has anyone raced in to take up the 'SportsDirect.com @ St. James' Park' name?

Christ, I feel thicker just typing that tripe out. :lol:

I honestly cannot see anything but Sports Direct being up there, it'll be there till he leaves, new owners will revert back to how it was.

Unfortunately I'm not so sure they will. It strikes me as one of those things that will never go back to how it was.

I honestly cannot see anything but Sports Direct being up there, it'll be there till he leaves, new owners will revert back to how it was.

Unfortunately I'm not so sure they will. It strikes me as one of those things that will never go back to how it was.

I think it would be an instant sweetner with the fans to rid all SD signs and have it back the way it was, huge PR points await the next owner. If some rich oil baron comes in and wants to put his company on there and charge himself £100m a year like Citeh then fine, i'll live with it.  :lol:

The irony's not lost on me btw that we could very easily end up with an even more detestable set of tossers in charge next. That's why things like this piss me off so much, just the little touches that they either don't seem to realise won't go down well - or even worse know full well will be badly received and do them anyway. From where we have been since relegation until present, it should be a piece of piss to keep the fans on side. Just keep their heads down, keep things steady and wait for their supposedly brilliant plans to bear fruit. Instead, there's always something stewing. They're so fucking shit at the balancing act it's untrue.

The irony's not lost on me btw that we could very easily end up with an even more detestable set of tossers in charge next. That's why things like this piss me off so much, just the little touches that they either don't seem to realise won't go down well or even worse - know full well will be badly received and do them anyway. From where we have been since relegation until present, it should be a piece of piss to keep the fans on side. Just keep their heads down, keep things steady and wait for their supposedly brilliant plans to bear fruit. They're so fucking shit at the balancing act it's untrue.

Aye, 'careful what you wish for' and 'better the devil you know' spring to mind when i think back to FFS, and it could easily happen again. Remember we were all scared of hedge funds and asset stripping buyouts and we got excited when a self-made billionaire buys us, just our luck how it turned out.

What is certain, every step the club makes in the right direction, especially financially, is one step closer to a buyout, some real success (like getting back in to Europa or winning a league cup) would sign off Ashley's term here imo, the offers would come flooding in.

Aye, 'careful what you wish for' and 'better the devil you know' spring to mind when i think back to FFS, and it could easily happen again. Remember we were all scared of hedge funds and asset stripping buyouts and we got excited when a self-made billionaire buys us, just our luck how it turned out.

god, remember NE5's be careful what you wish for jive?  and then when he started being proven right...:lol:

feels like we're back on the other side of that whole argument but now ashley is in the freddy seat, problem is there's no-one in the ashley takeover seat