St James' Park

Delima

Landlord has put Tyneview Park in Benton up for sale, current tenants are DWP but lease runs out in 2027, be interesting to see if club go for the land, new housing estates don’t make it ideal but right next door to current training ground and academy.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Landlord has put Tyneview Park in Benton up for sale, current tenants are DWP but lease runs out in 2027, be interesting to see if club go for the land, new housing estates don’t make it ideal but right next door to current training ground and academy.

For a training ground you mean? FFS not a stadium.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Would mean what, 6 years? Before a new training ground is built and moved into?

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

For a training ground you mean? FFS not a stadium.

I used to be a regular in the Black Bull and The Ship pubs in Benton a couple of decades ago - I can only imagine how they would cope being pretty much the only pubs next to a new stadium :)

Edited by TheBrownBottle

I juat watched a bunch of videos of Everton's new stadium. Yeah, the stadium design itself is nothing that we have not seen before but the location itself is going to be something nice, especially night games.

Which broght me to think of SJP. Cathedral on the hill, dead center, surrounded by the entire city, night games have always been special, both to the match going fans as well as viaually on TV when there are aerial shots of the stadium.

Then when I thought about it, if Option C was not going to happen for us, and we would have to move, which other location would get an aesthetic feeling similar to SJP? The arena site would have been great. Imagine a 5.30 kick off with the sun going down, aerial shot of the stadium with the bridges in the background would be visually stunning as would a night game too of course. I can't think of any other site apart from that and also our current one that would give you that special feeling for night games.

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I juat watched a bunch of videos of Everton's new stadium. Yeah, the stadium design itself is nothing that we have not seen before but the location itself is going to be something nice, especially night games.

Which broght me to think of SJP. Cathedral on the hill, dead center, surrounded by the entire city, night games have always been special, both to the match going fans as well as viaually on TV when there are aerial shots of the stadium.

Then when I thought about it, if Option C was not going to happen for us, and we would have to move, which other location would get an aesthetic feeling similar to SJP? The arena site would have been great. Imagine a 5.30 kick off with the sun going down, aerial shot of the stadium with the bridges in the background would be visually stunning as would a night game too of course. I can't think of any other site apart from that and also our current one that would give you that special feeling for night games.

Aye I have watched a few videos of Everton’s ground and it’s new and shiny and that, but I know fine well that when the novelty wears off they will miss Woodison. For all the poor views and wooden seats there, it is a proper football ground and holds memories. 

If we do have to leave SJP (I hope we don’t) then it needs to be rebuilt on the current site imo. I don’t think it’s realistic to move it to Leazes Park. The arena site would be decent too I suppose, but like you I love that Cathedral on the hill feeling where you can see SJP for miles around. 

One thing I want in a new ground is a massive, single tier terraced stand. 

This is not being horrible or harsh 

But does anyone’s else’s toes curl up when they hear …..

Cathedral on the hill ?

The name of the ground

….St James’ Park - Is iconic enough 

ps

I miss the warm weetabix smell 😂#brewery😂

Having said all that , if we can’t expand we need to try and move a few hundred yards backwards into the park 

Doubt if anyone has thought of that ?

3 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

This is not being horrible or harsh 

But does anyone’s else’s toes curl up when they hear …..

Cathedral on the hill ?

The name of the ground

….St James’ Park - Is iconic enough 

ps

I miss the warm weetabix smell 😂#brewery😂

Having said all that , if we can’t expand we need to try and move a few hundred yards backwards into the park 

Doubt if anyone has thought of that ?

I can't see how we can expand sufficiently mind. Leazes and a major road block anything substantial save for a crap extra tier on the gallowgate surely which most won't want to sit in