Glenn Roeder

Guest TheOrder
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think if the club is going to spend money, serious money, it should target a top quality striker to play alongside Owen or Martins. I have doubts that they could play together, but I hope they can. If Owen goes, for instance, then we would need to replace him with part of his fee as well as a new player anyway, so that would make 2.

The current situation in midfield, is that we lack a player to support the front men, quickly. We have Dyer, but in view of his injury record who can rely on his fitness ? So, assuming Emre goes, the need for another player in this area is also very important.

Yes I know we need a left back. We really need 3 players for all these areas, minimum. But every team needs forwards and defenders mate !!!!!! Depending on the money the club has, and the availability, if they don't have the money to spend on all 3 positions I would concentrate on the 2 forward positions, because defenders are generally cheaper and would hope to pick up a decent left back for a small fee. We have to accept funds are limited. It may also be possible to pick up a forward for a small fee and pay a bit more for the defender ? We simply don't know, and it is nothing to do with "planning" as some people say, it is simply availability and desire to move on the part of the players concerned. Roeder - like everyone else - will know players he would like and those he would not want, for his own reasons, and act accordingly.

You think that if the club should spend "serious money" it should be on a new striker because you think that Martins and Owen might not work together. bluelaugh.gif I guess Roeder will be rushing out now and buying one if he knows that you think they might not work together.  Have another bluelaugh.gif for your efforts, well done.

If Owen goes then yes, we'll need to replace him, nobody has any reason to think he's going though so why replace him while he's still here and not expected to go anywhere?  He might be here for the rest of his career for all anybody knows.  He's almost certain to be back next season, so is Shola, a player who can fill in for injuries, he's done it and scored goals when playing.  Sibierski has been offered another contract so we have 4 players for 2 positions which should be more than enough considering the lack of funds we seem to be working with, we certainly don't need 2 more forwards like you seem to think.

You seem hell bent on getting a new forward in at all costs, in fact you now want two of them, no matter what happens in other areas.  We need a balanced team, not one which is top heavy in certain areas while others are as weak as piss.

We've got more than enough midfielders so if we spend on that area then it should be self financed, one in one out.  If we have new money then it should go on the defence, other areas should be strengthened as a lesser priority.

just as you are constantly in denial role concerning how much better we are under the current board than the old one, despite you being presented with numerous facts, all of which you ignore....you fail to read the complete post AGAIN.

I have said we will only need 2 forwards if Owen goes, and there are 2 likeliehoods here. One is that he will simply see a future elsewhere ie Liverpool and their new owners, and two is that he may not form a workable partnership with Martins. I have stated this clearly. You must be blind. In fact, you are blind, as you ignore everything else which stares you in the face.

As for priorities, I also asked a simple question, even for you. How do you prioritise defenders if clubs do not release the ones we want ? If the club buys players out of necessity rather than ones they target, then YOU will slate them - as usual - for doing something you are at the moment advocating.

Similarly, as you are now saying Sibierski is a valuable part of the team, whereby I have clearly stated that IMO he has played above himself and may not keep up this standard. So, again, I wait for you at a future date condemning the club for putting faith in Sibierski while at the moment saying they should.

If Martins had been injured, with Owen out, we would have been in shit street, and that will be the same next season if we don't buy another striker. I am pleased you think Ameobi and Luque are good enough to be backup players for the calibre of club you think we should have at Newcastle. Perhaps you still think we have a shit board with no ambition, like the one you defend. I have news for you, I think the current board have more ambition than you do.

NE5 you constantly refer to our shortage of strikers and yes, you are correct, we do have a shortage in that department. The point is at least we do have quality up front, yes if they're injured we're snookered, but at the minute the defence is the priority.

The fact of the matter is we have NO quality in defence what so ever. We leak goal after goal week in week out, and that's down to the quality of player we have in the particular department. We have no one in the treatment room, no one playing on a regular basis and no one on the bench who can currently solve this problem at present and that's why the issue is so urgent.

You talk about the key being keeping the ball but surely the likes of the Bolton and Fulham games show this isn't the issue. In both games we kept the ball for a vast majority of the game but we were robbed of three points due to two careless mistakes at the back.

Aswell as this the job of the defence is to win the ball and distribute it into the midfield where it is knocked around. The current defence get the ball at their feet and smash it up field without a thought giving the opposing team the chance to launch another attack, this could be helped with some direction off the coaching staff, but some players you just can't teach.

Yes, we need attackers but surely you've got to recognise spending £5 million on another player to address that issue isn't going to be pointless if we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot up the other end. It's an age old problem that hasn't been solved due to chairman and managers who think similar to yourself. If we continue to ignore this problem we'll find ourselves going no where fast.

If you don't score goals, you go down. If Martins hadn't started scoring, we would have been in trouble. If he had been injured, we would have been in trouble. If he and Owen don't partner well, or one of them is injured, we are down to the bare bones again next season.

If money is tight, what we have is best spent addressing this problem. To be honest, I think the major problem here is that people - who are not admitting it - think the club has a bottomless pit of money because the club with a shite board has always spent money and they simply do not understand it may not be there and so expect them to just shell out on players regardless.

We need a striker, and they cost more than defenders. If we want a good one, then there may be nothign left for a defender, and if this is the case, so be it. They will have to find players for other areas in the free transfer or cut price fee market.

I think you should look at the pattern and possession of our games. It is clear that we are on the back foot too much. The defensive performance will improve if or when we take a firmer hold of games. This will only be achieved by having better players, better possession and better movement in front of the defenders.

Where did I swear? :lol:

Jesus your making stuff up gets worse :lol:

Stop trying to get out of it, thicko.  :o

You were thinking about it and he knew it, you've been caught red handed, just admit it and get on with life and bow to he who knows everything.

and if you concede 5 against teams like Birmingham who go out of the cup, or are we supposed to win those games 6-5?

no. If you concede 1 against top teams like Liverpool and Arsenal, you can beat them or draw with them. Or better still, make them chase you and you might not concede anything against them, avoiding being battered as were at the Emirates.

We have made a habit of conceding 5 goals haven't we  ;D ;D ;D

Where did I swear? :lol:

Jesus your making stuff up gets worse :lol:

Stop trying to get out of it, thicko.   :o

You were thinking about it and he knew it, you've been caught red handed, just admit it and get on with life and bow to he who knows everything.

thickmick has arrived to tell us how spending years selling your best players and playing in the 2nd division, is the sign of a progressive club and just as good as regularly qualifying for europe  ;D ;D ;D

Guest Bellers

NE5 you constantly refer to our shortage of strikers and yes, you are correct, we do have a shortage in that department. The point is at least we do have quality up front, yes if they're injured we're snookered, but at the minute the defence is the priority.

The fact of the matter is we have NO quality in defence what so ever. We leak goal after goal week in week out, and that's down to the quality of player we have in the particular department. We have no one in the treatment room, no one playing on a regular basis and no one on the bench who can currently solve this problem at present and that's why the issue is so urgent.

You talk about the key being keeping the ball but surely the likes of the Bolton and Fulham games show this isn't the issue. In both games we kept the ball for a vast majority of the game but we were robbed of three points due to two careless mistakes at the back.

Aswell as this the job of the defence is to win the ball and distribute it into the midfield where it is knocked around. The current defence get the ball at their feet and smash it up field without a thought giving the opposing team the chance to launch another attack, this could be helped with some direction off the coaching staff, but some players you just can't teach.

Yes, we need attackers but surely you've got to recognise spending £5 million on another player to address that issue isn't going to be pointless if we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot up the other end. It's an age old problem that hasn't been solved due to chairman and managers who think similar to yourself. If we continue to ignore this problem we'll find ourselves going no where fast.

If you don't score goals, you go down. If Martins hadn't started scoring, we would have been in trouble. If he had been injured, we would have been in trouble. If he and Owen don't partner well, or one of them is injured, we are down to the bare bones again next season.

If money is tight, what we have is best spent addressing this problem. To be honest, I think the major problem here is that people - who are not admitting it - think the club has a bottomless pit of money because the club with a s**** board has always spent money and they simply do not understand it may not be there and so expect them to just shell out on players regardless.

We need a striker, and they cost more than defenders. If we want a good one, then there may be nothign left for a defender, and if this is the case, so be it. They will have to find players for other areas in the free transfer or cut price fee market.

The point is we DO have a strikers who can score goals, we DON'T have defenders to keep them out. I understand where your coming from but we have two strikers and plenty of midfielders who can and will score goals.

The reason we would be in trouble if Martins and co didn't start scoring is because of the current state of the back line, they're shambolic. If we want to progress we're going to have to stop shipping goals with such ease. You can throw as much money as you want at forwards but if your letting goals in by the bucket full at the other end what does it matter?

If money is tight, what we have is best spent addressing this problem. To be honest, I think the major problem here is that people - who are not admitting it - think the club has a bottomless pit of money because the club with a s**** board has always spent money and they simply do not understand it may not be there and so expect them to just shell out on players regardless.

The point is we DO have a strikers who can score goals, we DON'T have defenders to keep them out. I understand where your coming from but we have two strikers and plenty of midfielders who can and will score goals.

The reason we would be in trouble if Martins and co didn't start scoring is because of the current state of the defence, they're shambolic. If we want to progress we're going to have to stop shipping goals with such ease. You can throw as much money as you want at forwards but if your letting goals in by the bucket full at the other end what does it matter?

My point is that the defenders are under pressure because of poor possession and movement in front of them !!!!!! The best defenders don't look good under pressure - this is what we have to change ???

Having John Terry at centre half isn't going to stop the people in front of them conceding possession is it ????

You do see that most games we play - especially the better sides - they are completely dominating us in midfield aren't they ? And Martins is fighting up front on his own ?

So he could hit our players with golf clubs :lol:

Since that clean sheet 17 games ago we have scored 31 goals (pretty good, nearly 2 goals a game) and conceeded 31 (pretty shit tbh, how can we expect to do anything letting in nearly an average of 2 a game!)

The reason we would be in trouble if Martins and co didn't start scoring is because of the current state of the defence, they're shambolic. If we want to progress we're going to have to stop shipping goals with such ease. You can throw as much money as you want at forwards but if your letting goals in by the bucket full at the other end what does it matter?

My point is that the defenders are under pressure because of poor possession and movement in front of them !!!!!! The best defenders don't look good under pressure - this is what we have to change ???

Having John Terry at centre half isn't going to stop the people in front of them conceding possession is it ????

You do see that most games we play - especially the better sides - they are completely dominating us in midfield aren't they ? And Martins is fighting up front on his own ?

So when Terry was injured for Chelsea earlier in the season and they started shipping goals, was it because his replacement (Belarouz) wasn't good enough or was it Drogba's fault for not holding the ball up enough up front?

just as you are constantly in denial role concerning how much better we are under the current board than the old one, despite you being presented with numerous facts, all of which you ignore....you fail to read the complete post AGAIN.

I have said we will only need 2 forwards if Owen goes, and there are 2 likeliehoods here. One is that he will simply see a future elsewhere ie Liverpool and their new owners, and two is that he may not form a workable partnership with Martins. I have stated this clearly. You must be blind. In fact, you are blind, as you ignore everything else which stares you in the face.

As for priorities, I also asked a simple question, even for you. How do you prioritise defenders if clubs do not release the ones we want ? If the club buys players out of necessity rather than ones they target, then YOU will slate them - as usual - for doing something you are at the moment advocating.

Similarly, as you are now saying Sibierski is a valuable part of the team, whereby I have clearly stated that IMO he has played above himself and may not keep up this standard. So, again, I wait for you at a future date condemning the club for putting faith in Sibierski while at the moment saying they should.

If Martins had been injured, with Owen out, we would have been in s*** street, and that will be the same next season if we don't buy another striker. I am pleased you think Ameobi and Luque are good enough to be backup players for the calibre of club you think we should have at Newcastle. Perhaps you still think we have a s*** board with no ambition, like the one you defend. I have news for you, I think the current board have more ambition than you do.

I questioned your reasons for wanting 2 forwards so I did see what you had wrote, you think Martins and Owen might not be able to play together then you mention that Owen might leave the club, both are possibilities but neither can really be predicted unless you have a crystal ball.  You want the club to spend on a forward because Owen & Martins may not be able to play together or Owen might go against his word and want to play for Liverpool again.

If we splash out on the off-chance that one of those things might happen then we're a joke.  I'm sure Roeder bought Martins while knowing that he'd be partnering him up front once Owen was fit again.  Are you saying that Roeder was wrong if that was his assessment?

What I said about Sibierski is that he has been offered a new contract so will be here as back-up, I didn't say anything about how good he was or wasn't.  I don't think he's brilliant but I do think he's good enough as back-up for 1 more season.  It might not work out that way but I'd take the gamble that he'll be good enough to cover others when injured.

I do think Ameobi is good enough as back-up, I never mentioned Luque, I didn't even think about him so where did that name come from, is it the voices again?

Since that clean sheet 17 games ago we have scored 31 goals (pretty good, nearly 2 goals a game) and conceeded 31 (pretty shit tbh, how can we expect to do anything letting in nearly an average of 2 a game!)

always makes me laugh when people's opinions of players are dependant on who they play for.

Bellamy was the same person when he was at Newcastle, now he's gone some people don't like him that did when he played for us. What a daft attitude. Did you care when he was here ? No. You wouldn't give a toss if he came back either.

So far as I know, he didn't hit anyone with a golf club, I wish he had battered the scottish fuckpig though, hard over the head with spikes in it.

As I said, personalities don't matter. If the Scottish fuckpig had won the FA Cup, would I have been happy ? Too bloody right.

In my opinion, if Craig Bellamy was playing for Newcastle now, alongside Martins, we would have more points, more control of games, and conceded less goals.

thickmick has arrived to tell us how spending years selling your best players and playing in the 2nd division, is the sign of a progressive club and just as good as regularly qualifying for europe  ;D ;D ;D

:sleepy1:

I'm just off to get something to keep my eyes open before I read any more of your posts, I'll be back in a minute.

Guest Knightrider

The whole squad needs a major overhaul, no part of the team is without its problems. However we have next to no quality in defence despite many numbers whereas in midfield and attack, we do have quality if not low numbers.

We need two new full-backs and two new centre-backs, or one if the American succeeds and signs on permanently. We only need one striker and 2 midfielders, so defence is the priority.

always makes me laugh when people's opinions of players are dependant on who they play for.

Bellamy was the same person when he was at Newcastle, now he's gone some people don't like him that did when he played for us. What a daft attitude. Did you care when he was here ? No. You wouldn't give a toss if he came back either.

So far as I know, he didn't hit anyone with a golf club, I wish he had battered the scottish fuckpig though, hard over the head with spikes in it.

As I said, personalities don't matter. If the Scottish fuckpig had won the FA Cup, would I have been happy ? Too bloody right.

In my opinion, if Craig Bellamy was playing for Newcastle now, alongside Martins, we would have more points, more control of games, and conceded less goals.

The Bellamy love is so overpowering you miss the majority of the post, your wife must get worried when you cuddle up to the framed Bellamy picture on your bedside and give it a kiss goodnight :lol:

Since that clean sheet 17 games ago we have scored 31 goals (pretty good, nearly 2 goals a game) and conceeded 31 (pretty s*** tbh, how can we expect to do anything letting in nearly an average of 2 a game!)

Score 3.

The Bellamy love is so overpowering you miss the majority of the post, your wife must get worried when you cuddle up to the framed Bellamy picture on your bedside and give it a kiss goodnight :lol:

such a sweet post. Shame you don't comment on the concept of my last comment. Which I am sure even the stupidest person will see the point of.

So when Terry was injured for Chelsea earlier in the season and they started shipping goals, was it because his replacement (Belarouz) wasn't good enough or was it Drogba's fault for not holding the ball up enough up front?

Correct, obviously. bluelaugh.gif