Glenn Roeder

Guest TheOrder
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I say get rid ASAP! he's done absolutely nothing that will convince me he is a good Manager all the wins have been most of the time very lucky ones nothing to do with his Managing skills. I think it's pretty sad that we should be happy with 6th position at the end of the season.

So you think with our injuries and one striker we should be breaking top 5? :lol: :lol:

My main issue with Roeder is the transfer market though.

I say get rid ASAP! he's done absolutely nothing that will convince me he is a good Manager all the wins have been most of the time very lucky ones nothing to do with his Managing skills. I think it's pretty sad that we should be happy with 6th position at the end of the season.

So you think with our injuries and one striker we should be breaking top 5? :lol: :lol:

If he was limited financially by Fat Fred its not Roeder's fault

If he was limited financially by Fat Fred its not Roeder's fault

He seems to fanny about a bit too much for my liking and doesnt seem to know what positions really need to be filled.

Transfer market and use of substitutions are where he could improve. Everything else is OK IMO.

Transfer market depends on the availablity of players Roeder wants at a price the club can afford to pay and who are prepared to sign. Does it not?

Roeder is at fault when he isn't targetting certain players though, players who would improve our team moved during the transfer windows who I think we would have had a chance in getting (like Campbell).

Transfer market and use of substitutions are where he could improve. Everything else is OK IMO.

Transfer market depends on the availablity of players Roeder wants at a price the club can afford to pay and who are prepared to sign. Does it not?

Roeder is at fault when he isn't targetting certain players though, players who would improve our team moved during the transfer windows who I think we would have had a chance in getting (like Campbell).

We've done this before so I'll bugger off 'cos it's a waste of time. Just because he doesn't target players you think we should buy doesn't mean he's failed in the transfer market.

That is what could be improved imo. i.e his part of the transfer market in the club.

Yeah I agree it's a mixture of things that needs to be all correct, but at the end of the day it's the manager who does the most of the identifying, conducting etc..

In terms of transfers I don't think Roeder has been that bad.

Sure he hasn't been perfect but when you consider he was appionted late on in the season so was playing catch up with other managers in terms of scouting and then in January very few decent players moved. Also I can't say he has made a bad signing so far, Martins has been great value for money, Sibierski is free transfer of the season, Rossi did a job, Duff has looked average and been injured a lot but he looked good last night against Waregem and then Onyewu has done a solid job in both the games he has played so far.

In terms of transfers I don't think Roeder has been that bad.

Sure he hasn't been perfect but when you consider he was appionted late on in the season so was playing catch up with other managers in terms of scouting and then in January very few decent players moved. Also I can't say he has made a bad signing so far, Martins has been great value for money, Sibierski is free transfer of the season, Rossi did a job, Duff has looked average and been injured a lot but he looked good last night against Waregem and then Onyewu has done a solid job in both the games he has played so far.

Ignore the debate of whether or not Duff was a bad signing he wasn't a signing we could afford over other positions.

I think the big test for Roeder is this summer

If he didnt manage to streghten the squad as it should be we all can say then that he failed at this

Little unfair to say he has completely failed but so far he is certainly in the "could try harder" category!

If he didnt manage to streghten the squad as it should be we all can say then that he failed at this

Little unfair to say he has completely failed but so far he is certainly in the "could try harder" category!

Aye.So far he didnt fail completely but in the summer if we didnt sign at least a new LB i'll be pissed

Aye.So far he didnt fail completely but in the summer if we didnt sign at least a new LB i'll be pissed

Except the manager will decide which positions to fill and who he wants to fill them. He may be happy with Babayaro and he may think Duff can play there as well.  Bernard MAY return to full fitness, only Roeder and the club's staff will know those things.

If we lose Emre plus any other players that right now we don't expect to leave the priorities may change. We still need at least one striker plus a good attacking central midfielder imo.

Except the manager will decide which positions to fill and who he wants to fill them. He may be happy with Babayaro and he may think Duff can play there as well.  Bernard MAY return to full fitness, only Roeder and the club's staff will know those things.

If we lose Emre plus any other players that right now we don't expect to leave the priorities may change. We still need at least one striker plus a good attacking central midfielder imo.

Ameobi

Oba

Owen

Sib

Dyer

IMO this is enough

Ameobi

Oba

Owen

Sib

Dyer

IMO this is enough

IMO it isn't.

If fit what's wrong with Bernard?

Ameobi

Oba

Owen

Sib

Dyer

IMO this is enough

IMO it isn't.

If it was 4 years ago nothing but right now im not so sure he can do the job.He didnt play at the top level for i dont how long...

And why do u think we need another striker?

IMO our priorities in the summer should be top defender(Curtis Davies),LB(Bridge?),CM(Giles Barnes),maybe another CM if Emre leaves

Guest geordie gent

Some great results  + Some really crap results = Below Par

Would still give him till the end of next seson to see what can he do

so would i

good job we have a massively superior club to the one who only finished in the top 6 once in over 30 years ie I mean the people who ran the club before the current people

Ameobi

Oba

Owen

Sib

Dyer

IMO this is enough

IMO it isn't.

If it was 4 years ago nothing but right now im not so sure he can do the job.He didnt play at the top level for i dont how long...

And why do u think we need another striker?

IMO our priorities in the summer should be top defender(Curtis Davies),LB(Bridge?),CM(Giles Barnes),maybe another CM if Emre leaves

Bernard left the club in 2005.

We only have 2 real PL quality strikers, Owen and Martins.

you never give up do you ? This isn't Championship manager Jon.