Glenn Roeder

Guest TheOrder
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Results, satisfactory sounds about right.

I've given him a good because I think he's got a lot of the off field stuff and longer term things running well. Plus the number of young players he's blooded is a great thing.

Guest Ridzuan

Satisfactory for me too considering he has a bad luck on the injuries and he started his job only as a caretaker manager.Still not good enough for me though.

Given the circumstance of the season Good.

I still like the guy, I think few managers if any would have done much better.

His repeated quotes about players is starting to get annoying but he is definatley taking the club in the right direction for me if only very slooowwwwlllllllyyy.

consistency is the key and i think we should stick by Roeder for another year at least.

Got us looking as if were gonna get to the last 16 of the UEFA Cup, has us 9th in league and has managed to do both these things while overcoming a massive injury crisis.

He;s done a good job for me.

Guest icemanblue

Got us looking as if were gonna get to the last 16 of the UEFA Cup, has us 9th in league and has managed to do both these things while overcoming a massive injury crisis.

He;s done a good job for me.

Agree with this. All things considered, anything less than 'good' would be harsh on Roeder. Would like to see where 'the big four' would be after having an injury crisis like ours.

He's done a good job. Roeder is probably the right man for the job at this point in time and he's doing ok under the circumstances. His failings appear to be a lack of ability to see the wood for the trees regarding certain individuals. There are players he looks like picking no matter what.

The thing those who slag Roeder don't seem to consider is that a world renowned manager ( like appointing Dalglish or Robson in the 90's ) would have expected massive transfer funds to build his own team, funds that the club just doesn't have due to Souness. We need a period of consolidation and stability right now and a slow rebuilding of the team and squad without going beserk with the cash. 

He's doing a sound job imo.

He's done a good job. Roeder is probably the right man for the job at this point in time and he's doing ok under the circumstances. His failings appear to be a lack of ability to see the wood for the trees regarding certain individuals. There are players he looks like picking no matter what.

The thing those who slag Roeder don't seem to consider is that a world renowned manager ( like appointing Dalglish or Robson in the 90's ) would have expected massive transfer funds to build his own team, funds that the club just doesn't have due to Souness. We need a period of consolidation and stability right now and a slow rebuilding of the team and squad without going beserk with the cash. 

He's doing a sound job imo.

Spot one, I voted satisfactory was probably being a bit harsh. Still think he makes the wrong decisions but since he has taken over he has done pretty well. Last season was excellent when he took over and although this season has been a bit hit and miss he has had a lot to deal with!

Ask this question after a defeat and the results will be reversed, you can't ask this just after we have played a game.

In terms of results he is doing marginally better than Souness was doing in his first season, which is still below par.

Ask this question after a defeat and the results will be reversed, you can't ask this just after we have played a game.

In terms of results he is doing marginally better than Souness was doing in his first season, which is still below par.

Not from where he started compared to where Souness started. It took a top manager like Robson two full seasons to turn it around after Gullit.

At the end of the day he is still average...but

on the other hand im 100% sure that he wants this club to go into the right direction and he cares about the club too.He is not scared to play some of the academy boys and he will do that in the future i think.For some reason(i dont know is it because of fat fred or not)he is not willing to buy players who are overated.He is interested in young talented players which is i think good thing for the club.Whether we'll be able to sign these players is other subject.Some of these thing are pretty positive and until there isnt any managerwho is better than him and wants this job i'll stick with him

Guest getalife

He's doing a good job. Under the circumstances, a very good job. Fans of other clubs often come to me and say 'Roeder eh? He's gotta go soon hasn't he?". I don't understand that, he needs just to be left alone to get on with it. A change of management now would be disastrous to this club.  O0

Given the circumstance of the season Good.

I still like the guy, I think few managers if any would have done much better.

His repeated quotes about players is starting to get annoying but he is definatley taking the club in the right direction for me if only very slooowwwwlllllllyyy.

consistency is the key and i think we should stick by Roeder for another year at least.

I quite agree.

He should try to snub the media a bit more though, sick of seeing his face galavanting around everywhere.

I say get rid ASAP! he's done absolutely nothing that will convince me he is a good Manager all the wins have been most of the time very lucky ones nothing to do with his Managing skills. I think it's pretty sad that we should be happy with 6th position at the end of the season.

I say get rid ASAP! he's done absolutely nothing that will convince me he is a good Manager all the wins have been most of the time very lucky ones nothing to do with his Managing skills. I think it's pretty sad that we should be happy with 6th position at the end of the season.

I agree with you but its better to stick with Roeder instead of hiring someone even worse

Dont you think?

I agree with you but its better to stick with Roeder instead of hiring someone even worse

Dont you think?

Are there any worse than him?

Guest TheOrder

Are you mental mate?

*notes Luque avatar (which immediately reduces credibilty from any statement you have said/ are going to say.

Everyone including Roeder would have been aiming to get into the top 6 this season though.

So what's changed? That should still be the target. I still fancy Pompey and/or Reading to have a bad run before the end of the season, Everton are nothing special, and we should be still aiming to get a run of results going, just like last season, to finish strongly and maybe still nick 6th.

Replace ASAP.

As for the "better stick with him than get someone worse in", thats rubbish. Get rid of him and get someone better than him.

Are you aware that our chairman doesnt have a clue about football and will hire someone like Souness

I dont think you will want this ;)

Replace ASAP.

As for the "better stick with him than get someone worse in", thats rubbish. Get rid of him and get someone better than him.

Are you aware that our chairman doesnt have a clue about football and will hire someone like Souness

I dont think you will want this ;)

I just got a pain down the left side of my body.