Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

Also - does anyone seriously think that Newcastle United are better off with Shola Ameobi than Craig Bellamy ?

Fred Shepherd & Soumess both thought so.

Well, Souness did.

Not so sure about Shepherd, he probably backed his manager, like good chairman do.

Bobby Robson didn't think so, and neither did lots of other managers, otherwise they would have tried to sign Ameobi !!!!!

are you trying to make out that the sale of bellamy was a purely footballing decision ?

can't really make up my mind if thats a serious question or not  :coolsmiley:

I honestly believe Bellamy is on his way back to Newcastle with Owen going the other way and here's why ...

I honestly believe that Sam isn't a nutcase, and is content with a front quartet of Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi, and isn't senile enough to get rid of someone with the sheer class that Owen possesses, for some downhill renegade who can't score into double figures - who doesn't have a neck.

never ceases to amaze me when people turn up goalscoring statistics for support strikers and compare them with out and out goalscorers to try and justify "who is the better player".

Also - does anyone seriously think that Newcastle United are better off with Shola Ameobi than Craig Bellamy ?

why limit the choice to just bellamy and ameobi,why not say spend the money we'd get on owen and ameobi and get someone else entirely.

I have said get rid of Owen. I would sell him while we can if he won't commit to a longer contract.

I agree.

Well, Souness did.

Not so sure about Shepherd, he probably backed his manager, like good chairman do.

TEXTBOOK :razz:

Well, lets put it this way mate. Souness clearly wanted rid of Bellamy, so if Fred had then turned around and said that Bellamy isn't going, THEN you could have said he was interfering.

As it happens, the absolute correct decision should have been sacking Souness on the spot for being unable to manage his players and assaulting said player on the training ground.

Well, Souness did.

Well, lets put it this way mate. Souness clearly wanted rid of Bellamy, so if Fred had then turned around and said that Bellamy isn't going, THEN you could have said he was interfering.

As it happens, the absolute correct decision should have been sacking Souness on the spot for being unable to manage his players and assaulting said player on the training ground.

if true,also does that mean bellamy should have beens sacked for throwing a chair at john carver in public and his training ground fights ?

Well, Souness did.

if true,also does that mean bellamy should have beens sacked for throwing a chair at john carver in public and his training ground fights ?

Possibly. Carver accepted the apology and was big enough to get on with things. Should Chelsea also have sacked Terry, Lampard etc for past behaviour ? Should ManU have sacked Rio Ferdinand ?

Fact is, we are NOT better off without Craig Bellamy mate. We have spent an absolute fortune attempting to replace him and Robert, due to Souness, the financial position we got into stems from the offloading and replacement of these players, and whats more, we STILL haven't adequately replaced them.

It is staggering that people STILL defend the offloading of these 2 players when you look at our fortunes since they left.

Well, Souness did.

Possibly. Carver accepted the apology and was big enough to get on with things. Should Chelsea also have sacked Terry, Lampard etc for past behaviour ? Should ManU have sacked Rio Ferdinand ?

so if the problem wouldn't have arisen had bellamy been sacked post carver then the problem originally seems to lie at robsons/fat fred's door,and it's you that said possibly the correct decision was a sacking..............seems like you may have ansered yourself

Well, Souness did.

so if the problem wouldn't have arisen had bellamy been sacked post carver then the problem originally seems to lie at robsons/fat fred's door

I've added to the post. I don't think anyone doubts that Bobby Robson had lost control of some players, Bellamy being one. Its not great, its not what you want, but its life, and managers are paid big money to manage footballers on big money and egos to go with it. 

i added to my post aswell.if you think a sacking was in order for souness for allegedly deckinh bellamy on the training pitch then you have to be consistent.....i'm not too familiar with what lampard and ferdinand done.

Fact is, we are NOT better off without Craig Bellamy mate. We have spent an absolute fortune attempting to replace him and Robert, due to Souness, the financial position we got into stems from the offloading and replacement of these players, and whats more, we STILL haven't adequately replaced them.

Do you think these two have reached the standard of play they were playing at Newcastle since leaving.

Do you think these two have reached the standard of play they were playing at Newcastle since leaving.

bellamy at blackburn did,robert carried on the way he was latterly here.

You've given two poor examples there NE5, considering Chelsea got rid of Mutu and Mourinho has no time for Glenn Johnson because of disciplinary reasons, while we all know what happened to Stam at Man Utd.

They got rid of them when it suited them and the manager had the sense to replace them first or already had better players at the club, its called putting the club first and being a manager

Robert is getting older.....fact is if he wanted shot of him he should do it for football reasons and nothing else, when he has a replacement, and get a fee, not kick him out for nothing.

Bellamy has not played regularly for Liverpool, like other players.

Bellamy did at Blackburn

oh and wasn't the John Carver incident a little more two sided than people here are presenting. Didn't Carver throw the first punch?

You've given two poor examples there NE5, considering Chelsea got rid of Mutu and Mourinho has no time for Glenn Johnson because of disciplinary reasons, while we all know what happened to Stam at Man Utd.

They got rid of them when it suited them and the manager had the sense to replace them first or already had better players at the club, its called putting the club first and being a manager

Newcastle replaced Bellamy with Owen. How many (at the time) would have disagreed with that?

I think it is called the "TIPPING POINT". Fergie kept Keane on through him whacking his neighbours, young children, Norwegians, slagging off corporate fans, Man Utd fans, teammates & playing with dog cock when Keane was in his pomp but once  Keane dissed Smith, Fletcher etc when his knees were f***** & he could only sit in front of the back four it was: that's your pay off  next to the exit door.Soumess has struggled knowing when a player has reached his tipping point, I do think Bellamy had tipped his well & truly. I reckon by then Shep had enough as well.

The  NUFC decline is more down to Sir Bob leaving than Bellamy & Robert leaving. Robert & Bellamy did take part in the season we finished 14th under Souy, both did not take part the following season we finished 7th.

I would imagine most fans who joined the roller-coaster ride that is Newcastle Utd from the Keegan days wouldn't even put Bellamy in there top 4 forwards, would you put him in front of Shearer, Sir Les, Beardsley or Cole?

If we go back a stage further the question could be did Robert & Bellamy ever replace Ginola & Les.

Robson had a problem with Bellamy because no matter how badly he behaved, he was too valuable to the team to be dropped or transferred. Bellamy realised this and ended up doing what he wanted.

We may shortly  be in a position where we have a much better squad overall, and Allardyce could take a tougher line with Bellamy if it was needed.

Bring back the Poison Dwarf!

given the straight choice owen or bellamy....owen.

given the choice bellamy or £9mill going towards a huntelaar or some such...take the cash

Seconded. Bellend's £9m valuation for flopping at 'pool seems like a crafty effort to match him for Owen in a possible swap deal.