Anton Ferdinand to be sold?

NUFC06

tbh I don't buy this whole Ben Haim to Chelsea thing, if they wanted him that badly im sure they could dig deep and scrimp and save the £3m he would have cost in January considering their lack of centre backs.

I don't think it's going to happen, Chelsea will get Alex from PSV, they've already actually bought him and he's on loan there.

Would make a quality squad member I feel.

Yup, which ain't what we're after that. We got that when we got Gooch, who we'll no doubt sign on a permanent, presuming his performances continue at an average-to-decent level.

We want a partner for Taylor. Bramble out, someone in. Ben Haim on a free is my preferred player anyway, although doubtful. Why go spending £5m on Anton Ferdinand or £7m on Curtis Davies, when we can have someone a lot more experienced and a lot more proven for nowt? Same goes for Distin aswell.

Taylor --- Ben Haim

Onyewu --- Ramage

Would do me for next season tbh. Huntington and Edgar there aswell don't forget. Each of whom are far more worth keeping than Bramble, imo.

Bramble is million times better than Ramage...

At being a fat liability, yes.

He's just as good as Ramage at meing a general liabilty.

Ramage is better at looking like, but it being, a Scottish liability.

They both havr their strengths, see? But they are both Championship.

Ramage's mistakes are far worse than Bramble's...Brambles has actually played great in some occasions...Ramage is NOT a defender, hell no he isn't even a footballer to begin with...

Brambel has almost entirely played well against utter s**** (ref our recent UEFA outings) and CRAP against real teams.

And if you don't think Ramage has one at least that, then you haven't been watching.

NEITHER of them are good enough. I really don't understand why newcastle fans insist on doing the "i hate X so Y must be good enough". Its a load of s****. They are both poor, and neither should be played if we can help it.

real teams...like juve and inter?

there are many on this board who waste no time in having a go at bramble,but even they would step back from placing ramage in front of him...the old norhtern monkey "hate glasses" again.

Wondered how long you'd take.

Bramble has never played WELL against the teams you mentioned, but well done for remembering teams we've played against.

You think Bramble is good enough for:

a) NUFC or

b) The Premiership?

Well, if you do, you are wrong, but no doubt you have a really good excuse for why he has been an absolute f****** disgrace for years.

As for Ramage, he's no better overall, but has fewer problems against bigger clubs (and there are many of them). But NEITHER should be playing for us. My main conclusion is that i'd rather play Ramage in the Prem, as Bramble has let himself down more on a pro-rata basis than our wrong-faced Peter boy. But given a real choice, i'd play neither. They're boith f****** well below us, even the pathetic Roeder mid-table us.

Man Utd-last season,back pass to Rooney who lead to a goal

Liverpool-last season-At fault for the 1st two goals

Chelsea-last season,FA cup-at fault for John Terry's goal

This season-

Bolton-own goal

Ramage is utter shit,his last performances for the club were absolutely shocking and people are still not over him like they are on Titus because he is local and came through our academy

Titus is liability too,im not denying that but i think he is better than Ramage and its better for the club to get rid of Ramage rather than Titus imo

I said it before.When they are playing poor they are both shit

When they are playing well Ramage is  still worse than Titus

You can tell if someone is good in the real games against the big teams

Like madras said Titus has played against the big team under sir Bobby and he played well as far as i remember

He has shown that he can play well and has abbility which he can still develop

Im not saying that Titus has to be 1st choice,only backup of course but i prefer Titus rather than Peter Damage

Bramble will not be developing. The major, serious flaws that are inhis game, adn his lack of actual ability, will see to that. Shambles shoudl never be a first team starter, and is paid too much to be a sub, really.

Oh, and in the past 3 years he's been SHOCKING against big clubs.

As has Taylor. But he's not s****, like our other two.

Lets face it. Playing dross like Shambles, Carr, Babayaro and Moore is only going to draw attention to our inherent stupidity.

League Record only:

[pre]   mins GA goals per game

Onyewu 2 360   4 1

Bramble 2 1244 15 1.085209003

Moore   2 1123 14 1.121994657

Babayaro   2 945 12 1.142857143

Carr   2 1335 19 1.280898876

Taylor 2 1755 25 1.282051282

Ramage 2 1595 24 1.354231975

*Solano 3 1354 22 1.462333826

Edgar   2 241   4 1.493775934

Huntington 2 901 16 1.598224195[/pre]

*Solano wasn't playing as a defender for a lot of the games included in this

No shock in seeing these stats for me, but I guess I'm just drawing attention my inherent stupidity there.

Lets face it. Playing dross like Shambles, Carr, Babayaro and Moore is only going to draw attention to our inherent stupidity.

League Record only:

Onyewu 2 360   4 1

Carr    2 1335 19 1.280898876

No shock in seeing these stats for me, but I guess I'm just drawing attention my inherent stupidity there.

League Record only:

Onyewu 2 360   4 1

Carr    2 1335 19 1.280898876

Shambles has played in 14 games this season. and we have had 3 clean sheets. Thats about the average clean sheet ratio he manages every season.

He's a liability. He's the fucker who costs us many of those clean sheets, what with him being rubbish.

Yet he is one of ou best defenders and when on form he is by far our best centre back.

He is one of our best defenders because we only have ONE good one, Taylor, and the rest are like him - shite.

On form, he is passable, but not our best. And he is only on form against shite, and even thenm its touch and go at times. He NOWHERE NEAR offers us value for money, and should be peddled asap. IMO.

Shambles has played in 14 games this season. and we have had 3 clean sheets. Thats about the average clean sheet ratio he manages every season.

He's a liability. He's the fucker who costs us many of those clean sheets, what with him being rubbish.

Taylor has 3 CS in his 19.5 games (and one of them he was at RB) what does that make him?

Yet he is one of ou best defenders and when on form he is by far our best centre back.

He is one of our best defenders because we only have ONE good one, Taylor, and the rest are like him - s****.

On form, he is passable, but not our best. And he is only on form against s****, and even thenm its touch and go at times. He NOWHERE NEAR offers us value for money, and should be peddled asap. IMO.

Taylor will in the end be better than Bramble (I hope) but right now he's just as dodgy as Bramble imo. Mind you, I don't believe Bramble is anywhere near as bad as you make him out to be.

Guest Knightrider

At CB no, at RB, maybe. However after reading about his attitude lately and speaking to a WHU fan about him, I'd say stay well clear, so, err, no thanks. Not as bad as some make out though.

At CB no, at RB, maybe. However after reading about his attitude lately and speaking to a WHU fan about him, I'd say stay well clear, so, err, no thanks. Not as bad as some make out though.

Nah, in this case he is. He's as bad as Ramage.

Ramage is one of the shitiest players i've ever seen playing for us

He is the new Andy "the nose" O'Brien

Guest Knightrider

He has two fundamental advantages over Ramage however, his pace and his technique, which is superior to Ramage. Ferdinand is another one of those players though who just doesn't seem to have the right mentality or mental skills to go with his ability, like Bramble in many ways. Still early days for him of course for the lad, but the signs don't look too good for him. At least his brother had some degree of mental toughness early on to deal with pressure in the various forms it pops up under such as hype (the black Moore), massive move (£18m to Leeds), early England honours and the trappings of fame (big contract at 18). I'll give Rio credit, he's got things together and dealt with things pretty good.

I wouldn't have him, for two big reasons.

First West Ham's season has been awful, the dressing rooms gone to pieces and I don't recall a single bit of commentary along the lines of 'You've got to feel sorry for Ferdinand, he's put in a big performance but come out on the losing side again'. I think that when things got tough he started thinking about his next club, not the next game. I wouldn't want that in a Newcastle player. If he's as good as he's supposed to be he should be standing out amid the mess that is West Ham, not blending in nicely.

Secondly if we bring in a new centre back it should be someone with proven leadership skills. Maybe Taylor or Gooch will step up to that role, but right now we'd get the most from someone vocal who will lead the back 4. Ideally in the 24-28 sort of age range, where we know we can build the defence around them without worrying about their knees going or them losing their pace or whatever.

Ramage is one of the shitiest players i've ever seen playing for us

He is the new Andy "the nose" O'Brien

O'Brien was never brilliant so don't get me wrong, but he's also better than Ramage. Miles better. He completely went to pieces when shithead took over from Robson. Zero confidence and confidence is vital.