Anton Ferdinand to be sold?

NUFC06

Would make a quality squad member I feel.

Yup, which ain't what we're after that. We got that when we got Gooch, who we'll no doubt sign on a permanent, presuming his performances continue at an average-to-decent level.

We want a partner for Taylor. Bramble out, someone in. Ben Haim on a free is my preferred player anyway, although doubtful. Why go spending £5m on Anton Ferdinand or £7m on Curtis Davies, when we can have someone a lot more experienced and a lot more proven for nowt? Same goes for Distin aswell.

Taylor --- Ben Haim

Onyewu --- Ramage

Would do me for next season tbh. Huntington and Edgar there aswell don't forget. Each of whom are far more worth keeping than Bramble, imo.

I prefer if we keep Bramble and get rid of Ramage tbh

That's just not going to happen, though. Might aswell be slightly realistic. I know Ben Haim's somewhat pie in the sky, but we can offer him the cash the likes of Chelsea would do. Difference if he came here being, he'd play regularly. Plus - are Chelsea actually still interested in him? ???

Selling Ramage won't happen, whereas Bramble's already being warned. If Roeder had any backbone, he'd let him go. Mind you, three or four good performances before the season's out (despite an inevitably pathetic good games to bad ratio), will probably keep Titus at United.

Said it time and again, bored of people living in hope over Bramble. Been here five years, never improved, never changed. He's good for 10 games a season. He's average-to-shit the other 30 and it's not worth it anymore in my opinion. I'm not going to be fooled by another few decent performances against part-timers... something i bet one or two people have been. Including Roeder.

Going on HTL's theory...

The truth about Bramble is, he's never been good enough for us and never will be, so we should get rid.

Guest Knightrider

Whenever we've been linked with this player I've asked "why"? because he isn't exactly a top central defender and while he has potential, we already have potential at the club and as a former defender himself surely Roeder will target experience for that position, which leads me to wonder whether Roeder sees Ferdinand as the answer to our right-back problems, especially after learning that Ferdinand played many games as a youth at right-back under Roeder and having watched him for the England under-21s at right-back, I have to say he has looked good in that position, especially compared to centre-back where he has never convinced me despite obviously being very talented or a player with all the attributes such as pace, good technical ability, young and ever developing.

Thursday 1st March 2007: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6409429.stm

Ferdinand faces trial for assault

Premiership footballer Anton Ferdinand is to stand trial over an alleged brawl at an east London nightclub.

The West Ham player and younger brother of England international Rio Ferdinand was arrested outside Faces in Ilford in October 2006.

Mr Ferdinand, 22, denies charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and violent disorder.

His co-accused Edward Dawkins, 28, of Beckton, east London, who faces similar charges, pleaded not guilty.

The pair were granted unconditional bail ahead of the five-day trial on 12 November.

The indictment, read out at Snaresbrook Crown Court, identified their alleged victim as Emile Walker.

Up to 15 people were allegedly been involved in the disturbance outside the club in Cranbrook Road.

Whenever we've been linked with this player I've asked "why"? because he isn't exactly a top central defender and while he has potential, we already have potential at the club and as a former defender himself surely Roeder will target experience for that position, which leads me to wonder whether Roeder sees Ferdinand as the answer to our right-back problems, especially after learning that Ferdinand played many games as a youth at right-back under Roeder and having watched him for the England under-21s at right-back, I have to say he has looked good in that position, especially compared to centre-back where he has never convinced me despite obviously being very talented or a player with all the attributes such as pace, good technical ability, young and ever developing.

good call

Guest Knightrider

good call

And if that is the case, I have to say, I wouldn't be too disappointed because I've seen enough for myself to see he can do a job at RB, and not a bad shout compared to some of the names banded about like Johnson et al.

I watched him partnering Tayls in the U-21 game aginst Jormany at the Ricoh and to say Tayls carried him would be a massive under-statement.Not able to concentrate for 90 seconds let alone 90 minutes,he is constantly caught out of position and generally is a poor marker at set-pieces.A player who is a legend in his own lunchtime,he probably thinks we are not big enough for him anyhow.

Guest Knightrider

I've seen him have some good games at CB and some shocking ones, he's a young player who has it all to learn so that is normal. At RB though he's impressed the few times I've seen him and Roeder, having worked with him at WH, must see something in him if he's interested, at least we won't be buying him because of his name or his ties with his more famous and more talented brother, there would be a reason behind it.

That's just not going to happen, though. Might aswell be slightly realistic. I know Ben Haim's somewhat pie in the sky, but we can offer him the cash the likes of Chelsea would do. Difference if he came here being, he'd play regularly. Plus - are Chelsea actually still interested in him? ???

Selling Ramage won't happen, whereas Bramble's already being warned. If Roeder had any backbone, he'd let him go. Mind you, three or four good performances before the season's out (despite an inevitably pathetic good games to bad ratio), will probably keep Titus at United.

Said it time and again, bored of people living in hope over Bramble. Been here five years, never improved, never changed. He's good for 10 games a season. He's average-to-shit the other 30 and it's not worth it anymore in my opinion. I'm not going to be fooled by another few decent performances against part-timers... something i bet one or two people have been. Including Roeder.

Going on HTL's theory...

The truth about Bramble is, he's never been good enough for us and never will be, so we should get rid.

But Ramage is? What makes you so certain that he'll stay in the Summer? He's absolutely toss.

I watched him partnering Tayls in the U-21 game aginst Jormany at the Ricoh and to say Tayls carried him would be a massive under-statement.Not able to concentrate for 90 seconds let alone 90 minutes,he is constantly caught out of position and generally is a poor marker at set-pieces.A player who is a legend in his own lunchtime,he probably thinks we are not big enough for him anyhow.

If that was the 1st leg play-off then Germany were crap that night, they hardly threatened at all........the 2nd leg mind you was a complete 180, if it wasn't for the fact that they were shocking in front of goal we should have been well beaten. Also, Taylor had a mare that night too and he's supposed to be our great white hope.

I do take your point about his concentration though for league games, but in his defense (not that i'm too bothered about him tbh), I think he's had some of the problems that Taylor has had at the toon, namely playing alongside some right guff and it drags him down to their level. If he had a better partner I think he'd improve, but then again I suppose any player should.

Said it time and again, bored of people living in hope over Bramble. Been here five years, never improved, never changed. He's good for 10 games a season. He's average-to-s*** the other 30 and it's not worth it anymore in my opinion. I'm not going to be fooled by another few decent performances against part-timers... something i bet one or two people have been. Including Roeder.

Going on HTL's theory...

But Ramage is? What makes you so certain that he'll stay in the Summer? He's absolutely toss.

Exactly!

IMO Ramage is our worst defender and one of the weakest players we have

[/quote

If that was the 1st leg play-off then Germany were crap that night, they hardly threatened at all........the 2nd leg mind you was a complete 180, if it wasn't for the fact that they were shocking in front of goal we should have been well beaten. Also, Taylor had a mare that night too and he's supposed to be our great white hope.

I do take your point about his concentration though for league games, but in his defense (not that i'm too bothered about him tbh), I think he's had some of the problems that Taylor has had at the toon, namely playing alongside some right guff and it drags him down to their level. If he had a better partner I think he'd improve, but then again I suppose any player should.

He was crap at Ricoh,lost the ball a couple of times taking players on in front of our box!!!I agree about the return though,he did turn tables with Tayls. O0

Said it time and again, bored of people living in hope over Bramble. Been here five years, never improved, never changed. He's good for 10 games a season. He's average-to-s*** the other 30 and it's not worth it anymore in my opinion. I'm not going to be fooled by another few decent performances against part-timers... something i bet one or two people have been. Including Roeder.

Going on HTL's theory...

Exactly!

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Going on HTL's theory...

Exactly!

Whats so funny?

Going on HTL's theory...

Exactly!

Whats so funny?

Your statement. Brilliant, that.

Going on HTL's theory...

Read the first two sentences of my first paragraph, and the first sentence of my second paragraph.

Ramage won't go, but Bramble might.

Going on HTL's theory...

Read the first two sentences of my first paragraph, and the first sentence of my second paragraph.

God, i hope so. Thet are on a level, ability-wise, but Ramage has a slightly greater chance of improving, plays (marginally) better against superior teams, and costs us less.

Going on HTL's theory...

I'll ask again then, what makes you so certain that he'll stay in the Summer?

Roeder's not going to get rid of him. If he didn't think he 'had something' (quite what he sees i'm not sure), he wouldn't have played in him in so many games. He's not going to get rid of one of our youngest members, someone who he brought up, one of his favourites, and Shepherd would probably be against it aswell. Just won't happen unfortunately.

Ferdinand looked awful when he first broke into the West Ham team as a right-back. i genuinely couldn't understand how he was getting a game, even at Championship level. i don't think he'd be any good at RB really, he gets turned quite easily by tricky players so looks better in the middle, holding a line and having two players at either side covering for him.

Since West Ham have been promoted though he has looked like a different player at CB, beefed up a great deal, can put himself about, and his technique (first touch, passing) has improved massively. when he plays at Under-21 level he looks better, calmer and more assured than Taylor, imo, even though Taylor is the more "eye-catching" because of his glory tackles and frequent forays upfield.

Some of his performances this season have been nightmarish though his excuse would be that the hammers are in total disarray as there's no real leadership at the club. it looks like the pressure has got to him and as all over the place, making mistakes and losing any positional sense. but he'd also be under huge pressure here as the Newcastle centre-half is one of the most scrutinised job positions in the country. I think he could develop into a very good player, but it won't be at Newcastle. We need someone experienced, not another Taylor or Bramble.

Ferdinand looked awful when he first broke into the West Ham team as a right-back. i genuinely couldn't understand how he was getting a game, even at Championship level.

Since West Ham have been promoted though he has looked like a different player, beefed up a great deal, can put himself about, and his technique (first touch, passing) has improved massively. when he plays at Under-21 level he looks better, calmer and more assured than Taylor, imo, even though Taylor is the more "eye-catching" because of his glory tackles and frequent forays upfield.

Some of his performances this season have been nightmarish though his excuse would be that the hammers are in total disarray as there's no real leadership at the club. it looks like the pressure has got to him and as all over the place, making mistakes and losing any positional sense. but he'd also be under huge pressure as the Newcastle centre-half is one of the most scrutinised job positions in the country. I think he could develop into a very good player, but it won't be at Newcastle. We need someone experienced, not another Taylor or Bramble.

Two very different players there. One who can fulfil his potential and genuinely become a really good player. And one who is Bramble.

Ferdinand looked awful when he first broke into the West Ham team as a right-back. i genuinely couldn't understand how he was getting a game, even at Championship level.

Since West Ham have been promoted though he has looked like a different player, beefed up a great deal, can put himself about, and his technique (first touch, passing) has improved massively. when he plays at Under-21 level he looks better, calmer and more assured than Taylor, imo, even though Taylor is the more "eye-catching" because of his glory tackles and frequent forays upfield.

Some of his performances this season have been nightmarish though his excuse would be that the hammers are in total disarray as there's no real leadership at the club. it looks like the pressure has got to him and as all over the place, making mistakes and losing any positional sense. but he'd also be under huge pressure as the Newcastle centre-half is one of the most scrutinised job positions in the country. I think he could develop into a very good player, but it won't be at Newcastle. We need someone experienced, not another Taylor or Bramble.

Two very different players there. One who can fulfil his potential and genuinely become a really good player. And one who is Bramble.

what i mean there is, Bramble 5 years ago, around the time he came here - masses of potential unrealised. Ferdiand looks very similar to Bramble then, who looked immense in his first season in the Prem, then lost all his form as Ipswich plummeted.

what i mean there is, Bramble 5 years ago, around the time he came here - masses of potential unrealised. Ferdiand looks very similar to Bramble then, who looked immense in his first season in the Prem, then lost all his form as Ipswich plummeted.

I don't think Ferdinand now has the "potential" that Bramble had then. He's got his brothers hair and wobbly gob, but nowt else.

An, of course, just what we need, another personality like his.