Gabriel Milito is the man for us

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

I've kept a close eye on him ever since Liverpool tried to buy him and since he said he would love to one day play in the Premiership and I have to say I've been very impressed, and his performance last night against Barca was exceptional. He's at that stage now where he'll soon be wanted by the top dogs and we would do well to nip in early and get this player who will be on pretty average wages and Zaragoza are not a big club who can keep hold of their stars.

He is two footed, great in the air and just a cool, classy ball playing centre-back who has been brilliant this season, he can rough it up too to being Argentineann so the physical demands of the Premiership would be no problem for this player.

I don't know how much he'd cost but he'd be worth £10m of anyone's money.

I'd love it if we could sign him, eactly what we need.

Guest Knightrider

Probably not but he's the type of player we should be looking at, none of this young potential we are constantly linked with.

Guest Knightrider

Zaragoza are not a big club who can keep hold of their stars? Well, we aren't a big club who can attract them.

Owen, Duff, Luque (a La Liga star), Parker, Emre, Martins and countless others suggest otherwise, money talks especially where foreign selling clubs and foreign players are concerned, I have no concerns about NUFC being able to buy top players in that respect, just the right ones which we often fail in, but that is all down to the manager, that and our transfer policy, but not our ambition or ability to attract players which I think is quite good, despite being an average club or not doing too well at the moment.

Zaragoza are not a big club who can keep hold of their stars? Well, we aren't a big club who can attract them.

Owen, Duff, Luque (a La Liga star), Parker, Emre, Martins and countless others suggest otherwise, money talks especially where foreign selling clubs and foreign players are concerned, I have no concerns about NUFC being able to buy top players in that respect, just the right ones which we often fail in, but that is all down to the manager, that and our transfer policy, but not our ambition or ability to attract players which I think is quite good, despite being an average club or not doing too well at the moment.

Thats what i was aiming towards, mate. We can get anyone (within reason), but only for a while, or not necessarily the right player (i.e Duff). We don't attract those players on merit, though. We'll need some fundamental changes before we are in that position.

Zaragoza are not big club but they have alot of good players-Gabriel Milito,Pablo Aimar,Andrés D'Alessandro, Éwerthon,Diego Milito

They are currently 6th in Spain within 4 points of 3th place

If we are interested in him he will choose Liverpool for sure instead of us

He is class players though

Milito is class, some random nutter posing as an ITK said we'd tied up a transfer for him a few months back...

on a related note, Pique looks like a good prospect from Zaragoza, wonder if he might leave Man Utd in the summer.

Guest Knightrider

Thats what i was aiming towards, mate. We can get anyone (within reason), but only for a while, or not necessarily the right player (i.e Duff). We don't attract those players on merit, though. We'll need some fundamental changes before we are in that position.

Aye, had wondered and agree if I'm honest. You're right changes have to be forced before we can compete for the right players. I remember under Sir Bobby at one point we could have bought Gallas, Terry or Woodgate and bought Woody, and tried again for Terry but by then Roman had came in. Under KK we were game for anyone and had a good chance with many top players. Today we'll pull off the odd top signing like a Martins, but mainly we'll get your Duff's and Owen's.

An absolute class act.

I dont think anyone really knows whats up with him because hes a Woodgate calibre defender in my eyes, and should be at a big club by now - he was nailed on for a move to Real Madrid and Liveprool on seperate occassions, but both moves broke down. I remember the Madrid move, which was a 2-3 years ago iirc, broke down when it got to the fitness test stage, ie they declared him to be a crock after a deal was nearly done. Which is surely a bit worrying when they managed to declare Woodgate to be fit enough to spend 13 million on. Not sure why the Pool one broke down, probably down to them not willing to pay the asking price ala Simao.

Definately someone we should get, but itd be very hard to attract him considering we have no other Argentinians at the club, with England still being less attractive to South Americans than Spain/Italy despite the money.

But a classy, technically good centreback, a leader, to play alongside Taylor, would be ideal. Andrade, Milito and Chiuvu would be perfect, unfortunately Distin will probably be the best poor man's version/imitation of that class of defender we will possibly be after considering (from what Roeder has said in public) we're most likely to spend most of our budget on a left back and another forward.

Aye, had wondered and agree if I'm honest. You're right changes have to be forced before we can compete for the right players. I remember under Sir Bobby at one point we could have bought Gallas, Terry or Woodgate and bought Woody, and tried again for Terry but by then Roman had came in. Under KK we were game for anyone and had a good chance with many top players. Today we'll pull off the odd top signing like a Martins, but mainly we'll get your Duff's and Owen's.

I fear so, mate. Changes need to made at every level, from players up to the board.

Lets face it, we've not got much of a chance to attract better players to play alongside the likes of Shambles, Ameobi and Babayaro, under Roeder (barring the ones we throw the cash at, or are desperate/daft enough), or for a club run by our current board regime (not just Fatty, all of them).

Guest Knightrider

An absolute class act.

I dont think anyone really knows whats up with him because hes a Woodgate calibre defender in my eyes, and should be at a big club by now - he was nailed on for a move to Real Madrid and Liveprool on seperate occassions, but both moves broke down. I remember the Madrid move, which was a 2-3 years ago iirc, broke down when it got to the fitness test stage, ie they declared him to be a crock after a deal was nearly done. Which is surely a bit worrying when they managed to declare Woodgate to be fit enough to spend 13 million on. Not sure why the Pool one broke down, probably down to them not willing to pay the asking price ala Simao.

Definately someone we should get, but itd be very hard to attract him considering we have no other Argentinians at the club, with England still being less attractive to South Americans than Spain/Italy despite the money.

But a classy, technically good centreback, a leader, to play alongside Taylor, would be ideal. Andrade, Milito and Chiuvu would be perfect, unfortunately Distin will probably be the best poor man's version/imitation of that class of defender we will possibly be after considering (from what Roeder has said in public) we're most likely to spend most of our budget on a left back and another forward.

He actually reminds me of Woodgate, he has that similar style when defending, effortlessly and self confident, he doesn't seem a big talker either yet is  a big leader by example and sets the whole tone from the back. Sadly I agree this type of player will not attract us, but it should.

Guest Knightrider

BTW there are lots of decent unknown CBs in Spain, deffo a good shopping window despite our failures with Marcelinho and Luque.

BTW there are lots of decent unknown CBs in Spain, deffo a good shopping window despite our failures with Marcelinho and Luque.

Especially Melli at Betis and Pablo at Athletico and Alexis at Malaga. The last being the most realistic.

That has to be the case in every country, though. But lets face it, there is more chance of Luque opening a Soccer School on Shields Rd than there is of Roeder unearthing any good unknowns.