Shola's on the way back

sempuki

Guest nyscooby

A winner ?????????

Several months out and his famous "first touch" is gonne be even worse.........

You want to wait another season to finally decide hes sh1te ???

Get shot now and foget about him.

His performances and goals tally under Roeder say otherwise.

05/06 - 30 appearances, 8 goals, 2 assists, 25 offsides, 80 fouls.

06/07 - 9 appearances, 3 goals, 1 assist, 16 fouls.

And his performances were poor. He can't trap a ball, and for a big lad, he's shit in the air. And on the ground.

Guest Gemmill

Decent squad player.  Should never be first choice, but I'd far sooner see him come off the bench than fucking Sibierski (who should NOT be getting an extension to his contract btw).  Whether people like it or not, we've missed him.

His performances and goals tally under Roeder say otherwise.

05/06 - 30 appearances, 8 goals, 2 assists, 25 offsides, 80 fouls.

06/07 - 9 appearances, 3 goals, 1 assist, 16 fouls.

And his performances were poor. He can't trap a ball, and for a big lad, he's shit in the air. And on the ground.

Roeder was in charge for 30 games last season? Bugger me.

The big difference between Shola and Sibierski is that, for all his faults, Shola is capable of causing problems for the very best of defences. Two or three times in a game, he will open things up through his strength or his footwork, and create a chance out of a very unpromising situation. Even if he's having a shitty game, he can't be kept completely quiet.

Sibierski has done a good job for us, but he's not very strong and good defenders can handle with no problem at all.

Shola should be about 4th / 5th choice at best tbh. Isn't as bad as some of the stick he gets at the match but I see him as a Championship player really. However, in our current squad, he's the 3rd best striker imo.

Shola isn't great. He's still our third best striker, however, and will be our second best whilst Owen is out. I can't really understand why his return to fitness would be a bad thing for us?

Shola isn't great. He's still our third best striker, however, and will be our second best whilst Owen is out. I can't really understand why his return to fitness would be a bad thing for us?

Well Roeder often does the same thing with Shola that he does with Steven Carr, bafflingly gushing about how brilliant and important he is in a manner that goes way beyond just standing up for the lad.  Which gives the impression that the return of Shola is a welcome alternative to getting a striker of premiership first 11 standard.

To be fair, I think Shola's more useful to the current squad than Carr. That's not to say Roeder doesn't spout shite.

I rate Shola, glad to see him on the way back. If he'd been fit he'd have got 15 goals this season and made Martins better.

He started the season with five in ten games, that's not bad going...

Oh, I'd certainly rather he was fit than injured, especially with the state of our squad at the moment. I'm just trying to explain why some people see a down side.

I can understand that, but there's no downside to him returning from injury at this moment in time. He's not good enough, but he'll still be the second best in his position, so he might as well be fit for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned.