Tevez

tmonkey

We tried to sign Tévez when he ran us ragged during a preseason friendly against Boca in 2003, but we couldn't afford him after buying Ronaldinho, Márquez, etc...

He made a fool of Márquez that day actually, I remember when I was at the stands swearing at that slow as ***** Mexican we had just signed. What a t***  :nope:

He made a fool of Márquez that day actually, I remember when I was at the stands swearing at that slow as ***** Mexican we had just signed. What a t***  :nope:

I don't understand why Marquez isn't playing anymore. Is him a bit shite nowadays ? I thought Marquez-Puyol was a very good partnership. Then Barcelona went on to buy Gabriel Milito, Gerard Pique, Martín Cáceres, Henrique, Dmytro Chygrynskiy ...

Surprised fergie didnt keep him, maybe their financial situation was to blame, not as if he doesnt know a magical player when he sees one, maybe he thought having rooney and him in the same team was a one or the other situation, who knows

I don't understand why Marquez isn't playing anymore. Is him a bit s**** nowadays ? I thought Marquez-Puyol was a very good partnership. Then Barcelona went on to buy Gabriel Milito, Gerard Pique, Martín Cáceres, Henrique, Dmytro Chygrynskiy ...

Well, both Márquez and Puyol are in their 30s, so we have been looking to underpin our CB partnership for the past two seasons which should explain the signings (Piqué was intended as a rotation/backup player, it's just his great performance what has got him to first choice). Márquez wasn't the paciest centreback to begin with, and that has got worse with age. He still has great positioning and is great at taking the ball out, but he is no longer first choice against quality opposition, and I would feel *very* nervous if he started in a big game.

Guardiola intended to slowly phase out Puyol this season (he's 32), but the fact Chygrynsky's been awful and Puyol's been great has put a stop to that so far.