Tevez

tmonkey

Didn't Sir Bobby have his eye on him a few years back?

Out of our price range now unfortunately, I can see him being in the £15m - £20m price range.

If only we hadn't wasted money on Boumsong, Luque........not to mention underselling - and even selling him full stop - Bellamy, which meant we had to buy Owen and Martins, instead of just one of them. Its all relative.

Interesting that people say they don't want these quality "trophy" players. But I would rather spend big money on a player like this than 3 or 4 average ones anytime.

He might not cost that much though. We will see. It might depend on who else is interested.

The only problem with that approach is when the "trophy" signing is out injured we're f*****, like we're now without Owen.

the only problem with not buying "trophy" players, is you end up alongside the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and the mackems [except the last 15 years since we started buying "trophy" players and leaped ahead of them] - as I keep pointing out. Meaning, even more "f*****". But I don't expect you to understand.

You could, however, tell us who these "trophy" players are at Newcastle that you keep referring to ?

Where did I say players? I said player, and gave the injury to Owen as an example.

Still, nothing new for you to make things up.

Guest Knightrider

If we're looking to sign a forward for big money, which might be the case considering the rumoured Torres/Huntelaar interest, this guy needs to be our number one priority.

He started slowly for West Ham, showed flashes of brilliance in his earlier games for them but was quiet for long periods of a game, but since returning to the side recently, hes looked an absolute class act.

Today against Spurs in a s*** West Ham team surrounded by donkeys, he ran the show, and for me I can see him being the perfect partner for either of Martins or Owen as well as developing into one of the best forwards in this country. Both Martins and Owen can struggle in their general play at times, one can be inconsistent whilst the other invisible, whilst we badly need someone to pull the strings for us further up the pitch as weve never truly replaced Beardo, with Dyer simply not being a forward in any sense - Tevez is the answer to all these problems. Everything he does oozes ability and class, hes intelligent and creative on the ball, and his linkup play is bang on consistent and top draw. He can be the presence for us up front that the team works around, whilst Owen and/or Martins can concentrate on goals.

Its a shame that hes basically showing everyone how good he is because if this form continues hell be off to Chelsea or someone as big pretty quickly, whereas a few months ago he would have been considered a flop. If he was interested in coming to us several years ago when we made inquiries, maybe he'll still feel that way.

In terms of whether we need him or not, providing we bring in a left back and centreback, a top draw forward to cover for Owen's injury proneness, as well as cover for the possibility of one of Owen/Martins departing, would be ideal for us.

Weve also seen that we have major problems with regards to creativity. We rely heavily on technical players like Emre, Nobby and Dyer to provide that for us, and they are indeed key and good players for us, but none of them are truly creative on a consistent basis. Tevez creates chances out of nothing, and its something we dont have and could certainly do with.

Couldn't agree more, he's a classy little player and well suited to this league due to his work-rate, strength and mentality. Give him a season adapting and he'll become of the league's best or most effective players. An ideal player for us given his creative abilities.

• 2 years later...

:doh:

Mum has Tevez baby Blues

Amanda Crook

July 18, 2009

UNITED fan Claudia Thomas named her son after her favourite player Carlos Tevez - hours before he signed for City.

Tevez Thomas is one of the first children to be born and treated in the intensive care unit at the new St Mary's Hospital in Manchester city centre.

He was born at 3.13pm on Monday and named just four hours before City officially announced they had signed the Argentine striker.

Claudia, from Moss Side, who already has a two-year-old daughter, Montel, and 10-year-old son, Jervaine, decided to name her new arrival Tevez months ago when the player was still an Old Trafford favourite.

Reconsidered

She decided to stick with the name after Tevez, 25, quit United on June 20 when he turned down a £25.5m contract to stay with the Reds.

But she had a moment of doubt after reading about the striker's signing for City in the M.E.N. a few hours after she gave birth.

She briefly reconsidered, but decided she liked the name so much that she would stick with it.

Claudia, 38, said: "Tevez is a lovely name, I decided on it ages ago. I was gutted when I saw he'd transferred to City. We're all United fans in my family, I don't know what they're going to say when they find out.

"I'm very proud of him, he's already made history by being the first baby born at the hospital.

"He was the first to be treated at the intensive care unit, too, and he has done really well and is almost ready to go home now."

Tevez was born weighing 3lbs and 13ozs. He was the first baby born in the doctor-led unit at the new St Mary's.

• 6 months later...

I loved the headline: Carlos Tevez launches explosive attack on 'boot-licking moron' Gary Neville :D

----

Carlos Tevez

The Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez celebrates his first goal in the Carling Cup semi-final against Manchester United by gesturing towards Gary Neville. Photograph: Alex Livesey/Getty Images

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01_03/Tevez1901_482x449.jpg

Carlos Tevez has launched an incredible fresh attack on Gary Neville, accusing his former team-mate of being an "boot licking moron" following their confrontation during the Manchester derby on Tuesday night.

The Manchester City striker described his side's 2-1 victory as "revenge" and insisted that his provocative goal celebration was directed only at Neville and not Alex Ferguson or the United fans, joking: "Ferguson loves me."

Before the game, the United right-back had announced that Tevez was "not worth" the £25m it would have cost his club in the summer to keep him. Tevez was so incensed that he made a gesture towards Neville after scoring his first goal from the penalty spot, to which the England veteran responded by flashing his middle finger.

Speaking in a radio interview on ESPN Argentina, Tevez said: "My celebration was directed at Gary Neville. He acted like a complete sock-sucker [boot-licker] when he said I wasn't worth £25m just to suck up to the manager. I don't know what the hell that idiot is talking about me for. I never said anything about him.

"I will never show a lack of respect towards anyone. Just as I was running off to celebrate the penalty I had scored, I came across Gary and I said to myself: "Shut your trap, keep quiet". I didn't go overboard in my celebration and it was directed at Gary, not at Ferguson and not at the fans.

"I think he did the wrong thing because I was his team-mate and I never said anything bad about him. He was saying that Ferguson was right when he said that I wasn't worth £25m, when he was saying this and that ... I always respected Neville."

Despite playing in England for four years, the Argentinian still has difficulty speaking English. His comments yesterday to the British media accusing Neville of being "disrespectful" were released through his representatives and had a measure of calm.

But speaking in his native tongue, Tevez made his feelings about Neville clear. "I was at lunch with the players in the team hotel and all the papers were laid out. I read them – well, 'read them', obviously I don't read [English].

"My team-mates were telling me about it and asking what I thought. And I wondered to myself: what's the tarado [moron] talking about me for when I never said anything about him, when there was never any [issue] with us. It was a lack of respect for a compañero [fellow footballer], aside of the fact that we had won a lot of things together.

"You have to do your talking on the pitch. I don't talk much in England – mainly because of the language. I don't like to get involved in conflict. I'm happy because I know what I am. Thank God I had the chance to get revenge with City, although there is still the second leg to come," he added, concluding with a joke: "I know that Ferguson loves me, that's why he always talks about me, ha ha."

There was a warning for United too, as Tevez said: "There are differences between the two teams. Manchester United is a huge team in the city, everyone knows that. But City are making giant strides."

The Argentinian also admitted that, while he is enjoying his football at City, he does not expect to be there for the rest of his career and is struggling with life in England.

"Things are going well for me; the goals are coming. I'm in good shape, I have avoided injuries and that really helps," he said. "As a kid I would never have imagined that I would live in England for four years. I am very happy and contented that my daughter is growing up in a country as developed as this one. But the truth is that it's very, very hard for me to live here, so far away from my loved ones.

"This is my fourth year but I'm not exactly an example of how to learn English; I just can't get it into my head. I'm learning hardly anything, truth be told. I don't go out much, I spent most of my time at home.

"My daughter just brought me a Boca Juniors shirt and she wants me to join Boca. I am a Boca fan and I know I'll go back one day but I don't know when."

Guest Stephen927

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/carlostevez20-415.jpg

In hindsight the signing of Berbatov for £30m now looks slightly stupid compared to what Tevez was going for. Mind, I don't think Berbatov has been THAT bad for Man United, they just can't seem to place him anywhere.

Guest Stephen927

Man City own Tevez outright now, MSI aren't involved. Man United did have a bid accepted for him in the summer but the player chose City cos of the way he was kept in limbo and the way the manager worked with him.

Man City own Tevez outright now, MSI aren't involved. Man United did have a bid accepted for him in the summer but the player chose City cos of the way he was kept in limbo and the way the manager worked with him.

Didn't know you were pals with him.

But aye, sounds like it would be correct. Apart from he clearly chose city because they offered him better terms (to say the least) imo.