That boy Ronaldo

Stevie

Credit to Manchester United for the way they improved his game

When he first came to England he was a selfish diving c***, But Manure's coaching staff helped him devolp his strength and fixed his weakness's such as his Crossing and Heading,they turned him to a fantastic player who is one of the best players in the world currently..

We took Viana,who was supposed to be an even bigger prospect,f***** him up and then kept loaning him and sold him for almost a quarter of the price we payed to sign him

Says alot about our training methods compared to Manchester's

Agree with everything you have said. Obviously Viana was a different player, a midfield playmaker wheras Cristiano Ronaldo is currently one of the best wingers in the world.

I agree that he is well on the way of being the best player in the world. He has cut out a lot of theatrics, he seems to have better judgment and this season he has had a great end product. Second top scorer in the premiership is no mean feat especially from the wing where forward play is more limited. He has got pace, can beat his man and cross really well.

He is really enjoying his football and everything is going well for him. Credit to Alex/Roy Keane for giving the lad a chance after he demolished them in a friendly. Ever since then he has been widely hated by the English however this is starting to change. He finally is starting to show the signs of being the quality player and we all love watching good players play.

Similar to Drogba. Since he sorted his game out this year he has been amazing. So much different from the Drogba we have been used to.

The thing I like about him is his directness, the amount of times Man Utd are defending then the ball pops out to him and with no team mate in sight will simply just run full pelt up the pitch and often win a corner or throw in high up the pitch is amazing.

Also he's beggining to remind me of Henry in that position in outside left where he's running at the full back, then cuts inside and hits it into the far corner, like Henry we, and the defence knows he's going to do it, but there's just nothing that they can do to stop it.

I'd like to see a player with better stamina levels than Ronaldo, the Fulham goal showed that he can play well throughout the 90 because he's fit enough to do so, as someone said earlier about his lack of fear, the lads determination is incredible and for the guy who said he wouldn't b setting an example because of his diving antics is nonsense, Ronaldinho dives more than Ronaldo these days and most top player do infact have this in their game.

Guest JamesD

We should go for Ricardo Quaresma if we want a Ronaldo type player here.

roeder probably has watched him 5 times already but cannot make his mind up in a kuyt stylee.

yea, that jokes not getting old or anything.

Once he's able to consistantly a fullback of Cole's cailbre he'll be unstoppable.

I must add that he must be one of the best penalty takers in the world, he often goes for the unstoppable top corner shot.

No he doesn't, he's done it twice v England, rest have been bottom left.

We should go for Ricardo Quaresma if we want a Ronaldo type player here.

roeder probably has watched him 5 times already but cannot make his mind up in a kuyt stylee.

yea, that jokes not getting old or anything.

YEA why dont you post a an opinion about the thread ,at least my observation is probably not far off the mark . :fight:

Guest JamesD

my opinion is that ronaldo is absolutely amazing, and that jokes about roeder scouting kuyt (would you really have him over martins) are lame...

my opinion is that ronaldo is absolutely amazing, and that jokes about roeder scouting kuyt (would you really have him over martins) are lame...

it has been mentioned by roeder that he watched kuyt several times and said he thought he decided not to bid for him after a dissapointing world cup  or words to that effect ,so i am not joking but pretty pissed off that a proven goal scorer in dutch football was passed over .can you tell me why martins has been mentioned as the thread was about a winger who could do a useful job here. :banghead:

I'd like to see a player with better stamina levels than Ronaldo, the Fulham goal showed that he can play well throughout the 90 because he's fit enough to do so, as someone said earlier about his lack of fear, the lads determination is incredible and for the guy who said he wouldn't b setting an example because of his diving antics is nonsense, Ronaldinho dives more than Ronaldo these days and most top player do infact have this in their game.

Rubbish! To be awarded as the world's best player as many has suggested, a player must possess the skills (yes for Ronaldo), can win a game individually (which Ronaldo can) AND display an acceptable level of fairplay (big NO NO for Ronaldo). Until he changes this third part of his game, he does not deserve any award.

Personally never rated Ronaldinho as the world's best player myself, my fav has always been Zidane and apart from the provoked headbutt and stomped in the WC, he has been mostly examplary and at the very least I've not seen him dive in the penalty box when there is absolutely no contact (which Ronaldo does every now and then).

Rubbish! To be awarded as the world's best player as many has suggested, a player must possess the skills (yes for Ronaldo), can win a game individually (which Ronaldo can) AND display an acceptable level of fairplay (big NO NO for Ronaldo). Until he changes this third part of his game, he does not deserve any award.

Personally never rated Ronaldinho as the world's best player myself, my fav has always been Zidane and apart from the provoked headbutt and stomped in the WC, he has been mostly examplary and at the very least I've not seen him dive in the penalty box when there is absolutely no contact (which Ronaldo does every now and then).

Yes but in the last few years Zidane was a passenger for the majority of the games in his career hense why Ronaldinho was labeled the best in the world.

Ronaldo is a superb footballer but his whinging a slimey ways on the pitch are just to much its every game, anyone tackles him he sits there on the pitch waving his arms whinging like fk. He thinks about getting  players sent off as much as does about scoring goals, propper little cheat and I HATE him!!

I wouldn't say they're pointless step overs as someone that's been skinned by them a few times, they completely unbalance you.  Mind the best example I've seen of how effective they can be, was Mancini of Roma, he even had me dizzy, what a fuckin goal.

Guest Knightrider

Agreed, fantastic player and for my money the best player in the world at the moment, he's certainly performing like he is one of the best. For a winger, he's such an all-rounder, works hard, great in the air, two great feet, amazing skills, end product, goal threat, great mentality, real team-player and still very young. Pisses all over Figo tbh for me, who was a top top player, that's how good he is. Man Utd will do well to hang onto him and he will do well to stay at Man Utd because that's the best environment for him, I couldn't see him having the same impact in Spain or Italy, he's made for the Premiership and the Premiership is made for him. He can achieve it all with Man Utd anyway.

Guest JamesD

it has been mentioned by roeder that he watched kuyt several times and said he thought he decided not to bid for him after a dissapointing world cup  or words to that effect ,so i am not joking but pretty pissed off that a proven goal scorer in dutch football was passed over .can you tell me why martins has been mentioned as the thread was about a winger who could do a useful job here. :banghead:

why was martins brought up? because you made a comment about roeder having to scout kuyt a few times before deciding against pursuing him. and since we could only get one striker, i'm glad that we got martins over kuyt (seeing as how he has one more goal in the league than kuyt this season).  I really didn;t think that this was too complicated, i guess i was wrong.

Guest Pearce-Dog

Ronaldo did well last night creating the chance and then a pinpoint cross resulted in ManUres goal.

Showing his class yet again.