Newcastle's audacious bid for Man Utd target

Guest TrEe

Shearer came back because he was a Geordie coming back to his roots.

If he was a neutral, he would have gone to Man Utd.

Like Hargreaves. There's no comparison whatsoever.

Emre looks like he's on his way as a result of the racism allegations, and Bayern have shown interest in him before (apparently). We would need to replace him, and Hargreaves would like to play in the Premiership.

but that was when Magath was in charge. Not sure if they still want him.

Man united or Newcastle united.

Ha.

Shearer

what a stupid thing to say

pardon?

it's hardly relevant mate

the comment made by Testa basically said: no-one would choose Newcastle United over Man Utd,

i just said: Shearer did

...seems relevant

Tesla didn't say that though

I could see Hargreaves picking the first Premiership club that came in for him.  He really has no reason to hold out for Man Utd seeing as the transfer saga last summer and in January really messed him about.  If he was forced to choose, he has no reason not to pick the more successful club, but no reason not to put a bid in if we can afford it.  I'd love to see him at Newcastle. 

Guest justin99.

I could see Hargreaves picking the first Premiership club that came in for him.  He really has no reason to hold out for Man Utd seeing as the transfer saga last summer and in January really messed him about.  If he was forced to choose, he has no reason not to pick the more successful club, but no reason not to put a bid in if we can afford it.  I'd love to see him at Newcastle. 

Spot on.

I doubt very much we can afford him.

Can see man u playing $20m for him, and then bayern buying emre for about $4m.

Would love it if we beat them to his signing but can't see it to be honest. Anyway he is alot more than a defensive dog the boy can play a bit as well he is a very neat and tidy passer of the ball.

Newcastle's audacious bid for Man Utd target

With Emre likely to depart at the end of the season, Toon boss Glenn Roeder is looking for a player with the same characteristics as the Turkish international and has identified Owen Hargreaves as a potential replacement.

It's bollocks isn't it? Hargreaves is not remotely similar to Emre. With Butt, Parker and Hargreaves in midfield we could recreate Jo Royale's 'Dogs of War' Everton side, but we wouldn't win much. Quality player but we've got better things to do with the money.