'Sven has agreed to manage Premiership club next season' - Nancy

James

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/03/10/sfnsve10.xml

The former England manager, Sven-Goran Eriksson, could be heading for a shock return to English football in the summer, according to his long-term lover Nancy Dell'Olio.

In a move which will cause fresh embarrassment to the Swede, Dell'Olio claims in an interview with The Daily Telegraph's Celia Walden that he has already secured an agreement with a Premiership club.

"Yes he's got another job with a Premiership club, which won't start until next season," she says in Glamour magazine. "So we'll be staying in Britain, but I can't say any more." Eriksson has been out of work since quitting as England manager after a disappointing World Cup in Germany last July. He is still being paid £6,500 per week by the Football Association as part of his severance deal.

Dell'Olio's slip of the tongue is just the latest blunder to hit the couple's fiery relationship. After Eriksson's affair with former FA secretary Faria Alam, the pair ended their eight-year partnership last August. But they appear to be back together after a holiday in Australia in November.

Eriksson's agent, Athole Still, denied his client had signed any deal. Still said: "It's categorically untrue that there's any agreement for Sven to go to a Premiership club next season."

Interesting news there.

Cant really see who it could be though. Possibly some agreement may have been made with West Ham, but things have probably changed since then.

Otherwise, Chelsea perhaps? or perhaps the new Liverpool owners don't like Benitez.

My guess is Chelsea...

Its not us for sure,we are more then happy with Roeder (by "we" i mean fat basterd)..

But i will go for Chelsea because of the Abramovic-Mourinho fued

Other teams are Man City,Pompy,West Ham confirmed that they won't hire another manager even if they do get relegated..

My guess is Chelsea...

Its not us for sure,we are more then happy with Roeder (by "we" i mean fat basterd)..

But i will go for Chelsea because of the Abramovic-Mourinho fued

Other teams are Man City,Pompy,West Ham confirmed that they won't hire another manager even if they do get relegated..

Chelsea will not go for a gamble like SGE, they can have their pick (probably Hiddink job sharing with Russia), it certainly wont be questionable appointment like Sven.

Anything can and will happen in football, just because a Chairman says one thing doesn't mean he wont do another, or have you not been watching NUFC lately? ;)

WHU chairman has shown his impatience already, i expect to see it again before the end of 2007 and if he's inquired about Sven's availability and been told he's free and would like a London job, sacking Curbs wouldn't bother him in the slightest.

Im not sure Sven would be the worst choice tbh.

Nancy?! Living in Newcastle?!!! :lol:

Sven?!! Shagging "Geordie dogs"? :lol:

Pieman Freddie?!! Paying those sort of wages?!! :lol:

We'll all be wearing red and white and supporting Sunderland before that would ever happen.

Yes he's got another job with a Premiership club, which won't start until next season," she says in Glamour magazine. "So we'll be staying in Britain, but I can't say any more."

Oh yeah....that's a "slip of the tongue"!  :lol:

I agree with Gejon, though. He's not that bad.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Straight choice between Eriksson and Roeder, I'd take Eriksson any day.

it's not thought is it, so that's irrelevant

Guest Invicta_Toon

has no-one mentioned Fulham?

they are the only team that woul be attractive to Sven and has given its current manager a long enough run to do something and failed

Guest Invicta_Toon

they are the only team that woul be attractive to Sven

Bizarre opinion based on nothing.

no i'm sure he would prefer manchester to the king's road, you're right

they are the only team that woul be attractive to Sven

Bizarre opinion based on nothing.

no i'm sure he would prefer manchester to the king's road, you're right

Learn to read, Brainiac. My prediction was, if he's going anywhere, it would be Chelsea.

Now explain why he wouldn't be interested in that job.