pool 1

cup

no goals

Europe

levadia 2  ;D

waregem 2  ;D

Az 2

Yep Baggio your definatly on to something there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5 League goals against sides in the top 10 compared to 1 league goal ...

Again, why mention Martins?

If you want to compare him to any of our strikers it should obviously be Owen, so are you going to tell us why Berbatov is better than Owen or are you going to continue to avoid this question?

Guest kingdawson

ok ill not count arsenal then :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

eboue----toure-----senderos--------traore

not exactly reserves are they.

Ah right, I was under the impression that sides defended as a team, not just as a back 4. I bow to your superior knowledge. Like the way you didn't include the goalkeeper too, a major part of Berbatov's goal iirc.

And Eboue didn't play, so stop talking w***.

Baggio was the one that brought up "better defences" so i brought up the back 4 unit einstein :uglystupid2:

ok ill not count arsenal then :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

Ah right, I was under the impression that sides defended as a team, not just as a back 4. I bow to your superior knowledge. Like the way you didn't include the goalkeeper too, a major part of Berbatov's goal iirc.

Baggio was the one that brought up "better defences" so i brought up the back 4 unit einstein :uglystupid2:

You were replying to me, not sure what Baggio has to do with it.

The wrong back 4, yes. And is the keeper not part of the defence?

You were replying to me, not sure what Baggio has to do with it.

The wrong back 4, yes. And is the keeper not part of the defence?

The whole team is FFS!

KD, you don't half talk shite.

An obvious attempt from Kingdawson to try and make out Arsenal's defence on the day was better than it was, only Toure would be in the starting 11 if they had everyone fit.

Guest kingdawson

Martins record

League

West Sham 1

reading 1

blackburn 2

watford 2

spurs 2

fulham 1

pool 1

cup

no goals

Europe

levadia 2   ;D

waregem 2  ;D

Az 2

Yep Baggio your definatly on to something there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5 League goals against sides in the top 10 compared to 1 league goal ...

17 goals in 31 games as opposed to 16 in 34.

Guest kingdawson

KD you don't have a f in Kalou.

Excellent grasp of the English language. Anyway im gonna leave you guys for now (gottta go to elephant and castle to do a bit of shopping O0). Ill be back later my friends with my book of stats as well. Be scared :knuppel2: O0

Over-rated, how !!?

I think it was Tony Cascarino who wrote an article earlier in the season saying that Berbatov very rarely scores against better defences, if you look at his record for both Spurs and Bulgaria then it seems Cascarino has hit the nail on the head.

Good player though but needs a better goalscorer than Defoe next to him.

Yep, Im sure his goals have mainly been against poor teams this season. He does have a problem scoring away from home aswell. He's got a great first touch but he does lack pace

Just slammed both those theories tbh.

How? I said he rarely scores against good defences, just because he scored past Chelsea (who have Essien at CB) doesn't mean the statement isn't true.

so thats chelsea and arsenal he's scored against out of the so called big clubs. What would be interesting is if you can tell me what big clubs martins has scored against?

I didn't say big clubs I said better defences, Chelsea had a midfielder playing CB today.

I'm not sure why you mentioned Martins, you should have mentioned Owen considering you think Berbatov is better than him.

Well i mentioned Martins bacause i also think berbatov is the better player out of the 2 and they are both relativlynew to our league. You gonna answer the question or avoid it like your currently doing?

Sure :lol:

So are you going to tell us what makes Berbatov better than Owen?

Or what makes Berbatov better than Martins.

On the two occasions they've been on the same pitch together this season, Martins has come out on top twice, scored in both matches and won the MOTM in one of them.

On the two occasions they've been on the same pitch together this season, Martins has come out on top twice, scored in both matches and won the MOTM in one of them.

And also won the match in one of them...

but you think we should have bought an inferior player than Martins, or a cheaper player, or nobody, as you are now complaining about our debt ?

Double standards, naive as to the true meaning of "balancing the books", or not clearly thought out. Probably all of them.

but you think we should have bought an inferior player than Martins, or a cheaper player, or nobody, as you are now complaining about our debt ?

Double standards, naive as to the true meaning of "balancing the books", or not clearly thought out. Probably all of them.

When Owen got injured we had to buy a striker, if Martins wasn't here we would have gone down this season, it's a shame we allowed ourselves to be put in such a compromising situation.

Do you still think we were right to sign Duff? I've seen on your website your opinion of him has changed.

When Owen got injured we had to buy a striker, if Martins wasn't here we would have gone down this season, it's a shame we allowed ourselves to be put in such a compromising situation.

Do you still think we were right to sign Duff? I've seen on your website your opinion of him has changed.

So you are happy with us escalating our debt, because we had to buy Owen . Meaning that you would not be happy with mediocrity as a result of not taking risks and buying quality footballers. Thank you, I rest my case, I hope I don't see you complaining again about the club showing ambition.

Unlike others, I don't change my opinion based on hindsight. Signing a quality player for 5m quid with his best years in front of him is good business. And a damn sight better than spending 9m quid and 8.5m quid on Spanish and French cowards who clearly will not adapt to the premiership. Duff may yet come good, he has proved himself in the premiership, and that talent is permanent. If he doesn't settle at the club he will move on, but I don't recall anyone now knocking him saying at the time we should not have bought him.

BTW, when you become more experienced and realistic of footballing life, you will realise that players not settling at clubs, areas of the country, or not fitting in for any of various reasons, maybe personal ones too, happens all the time.

BTW also - as you are looking at howaythetoon, there is nothing to stop you posting on there if you want a reply direct, in case you are bashful or something, or shy, we don't bite.  ;D

Guest Knightrider

I didn't know what to make of Berbatov as the season got underway but since then he has impressed me a great deal, he's a smashing player and looking a bargain at £10m. He isn't a 25-goals-a-season man and has his faults, but he's what I'd call a creative forward in the mould of a Bergkamp or a Gudjohnsen, and a very good one at that.

BTW it is pointless comparing him to Martins or Owen, and vice versa, as they are all different types of players, and equally pointless trying to pick a "winner" between them.

I didn't know what to make of Berbatov as the season got underway but since then he has impressed me a great deal, he's a smashing player and looking a bargain at £10m. He isn't a 25-goals-a-season man and has his faults, but he's what I'd call a creative forward in the mould of a Bergkamp or a Gudjohnsen, and a very good one at that.

BTW it is pointless comparing him to Martins or Owen, and vice versa, as they are all different types of players, and equally pointless trying to pick a "winner" between them.

Correct. Stats don't always prove a point. He's a quality player in his own right.

Guest Knightrider

BTW I think the media wankfest over Berbatov is way OTT, he isn't THAT good, he's on a par with Viduka and Gudjohnsen, that type of class.

So you are happy with us escalating our debt, because we had to buy Owen . Meaning that you would not be happy with mediocrity as a result of not taking risks and buying quality footballers. Thank you, I rest my case, I hope I don't see you complaining again about the club showing ambition.

Unlike others, I don't change my opinion based on hindsight. Signing a quality player for 5m quid with his best years in front of him is good business. And a damn sight better than spending 9m quid and 8.5m quid on Spanish and French cowards who clearly will not adapt to the premiership. Duff may yet come good, he has proved himself in the premiership, and that talent is permanent. If he doesn't settle at the club he will move on, but I don't recall anyone now knocking him saying at the time we should not have bought him.

BTW, when you become more experienced and realistic of footballing life, you will realise that players not settling at clubs, areas of the country, or not fitting in for any of various reasons, maybe personal ones too, happens all the time.

BTW also - as you are looking at howaythetoon, there is nothing to stop you posting on there if you want a reply direct, in case you are bashful or something, or shy, we don't bite.  ;D

Nice Berbatov post here.