Daniel Rose

stozo

Guest nufc 4 life
I would sell him, the lad, Rose, too much of an attitude, refuses to defend and walks around the pitch with an arrogance like he has made it.

The lad definately has talent but not the character to develop into the type of player he could. Let Newcastle have him for that much, they're used to having players with such 'egos'.

lol quite funny from the leeds forum

Guest nufc 4 life

some seem to rate him quite highly comparable to lennon others think 2m is a great deal for an unproven 16yr old

i didn't know lennon was sold from leeds

Guest nufc 4 life
should also add that the Rose £2m valuation is one that has been massively inflated by Chelsea's involvement with the other 2 kids, no 16 year old is really worth that. Look at the likes of Fabregas who go for peanuts.

We should know more than anyone that the football transfer market is extremely fickle. An injury, off the field incident or lack of form and a player you were desperate to keep suddenly becomes worthless. Maybe if we'd have sold Viduka, Kewell, Dacourt etc when theye wre being linked with £20m+ moves we wouldn't be where we are.

In our financial position we can't afford to gamble any more, particularly with someone who has never even started a game.

I don't think Anyones arguing with you over it being a great price for someone so young without 1st team experience, The point is will it make us look stupid in the long run? Rose is not another harpel shing (SP)

he's been tracked by most of the big teams in the worlds (Scum, Liverpool, Chelsea, Ac Milan, Barce ect)

And if you went to rest or U18 games you'd know that skill wise he's good enough now to be starting it's just his physic hasn't court up yet. If we hold out and he does well for our first team theres no telling how much we'd get for him...

Putting it simply theres a reason the Chelsea were willing to tap him up and there a reason that Newcastle will/would pay 2million for him.

seems to know quite a lot about him

some seem to rate him quite highly comparable to lennon others think 2m is a great deal for an unproven 16yr old

i didn't know lennon was sold from leeds

It was in the Chronicle that we got offered Lennon but Souness rejected him

For 2m can we hae Scott Sinclair and Slyvain Ebank-Blake please.

Ebanks-Blake?

He is f****** s****!!!!!!!!

And I'm not sure if Chelsea will want to sell Sinclair yet.

Guest Knightrider

For half that they can have my nephew, 8 years old, two footed, puts away volleys for fun, can do over 100 kick-ups using both feet, head, chest etc., plays in CM, can run about all day, tough, gets stuck in, canny intelligent, doing well for his under 9s team despite only picking a ball up in the summer and having only ever played 4 proper matches. Will be huge when he's older.

Over 6ft going off my size, his dad's, my brother's height etc.

Guest magpies_rawk

he becomes better than ronaldinho on FM lol really good player. Love GR policy if he really is going after this kid and agree with what he says full heartedly as long as he carries it through i hope we get him he obviously has potential when chelski scum are after him

more wisdom from FM i see :)

Could be alright, but not at 2mio. Would only make sense if that's one of those deals where its a small amount up front, then more in exchange for appearances, u18 / u21 call ups, a percentage of the fee if he's sold on inside the first contract and that kind of thing...

We are looking for the future

I think this will be money well spend

With younger players there is always a risk but Leeds are famous about their young talents so he must be something special

I think its worth it

KRUL

????    TAYLOR©    HUNTINGTON    EDGAR

MILNER    LUALUA          ROSE          ZOG

CARROLL(???)

MARTINS

Guest magpies_rawk

would hardly be surprised if the Chronicle pours shite over this story again with alan oliver denying any interest in the youngster. " too young for the premiership" "glen roeder looking for tried and tested premiership stars who can offer many more years..."

I think we are certainly looking to build for the future aswell as now which is good. 2million is alot for someone that is so untested but it could turn out to be a bargain.

The team Gray lists is certainly an exciting one for the future. This summers spend will be vital for the club, but its a summer im looking forward too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FWIW Danny Rose and Ben Gordon are apparently refusing to sign professional contracts for Leeds.  When they go, compensation will be decided by tribunal, normally around £1/200k.

Rose - sounds like Spurs and Newcastle are the leading contenders, Gordon - Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle and Spurs are the possible destinations.

Guest Verlaine

FWIW Danny Rose and Ben Gordon are apparently refusing to sign professional contracts for Leeds.  When they go, compensation will be decided by tribunal, normally around £1/200k.

Rose - sounds like Spurs and Newcastle are the leading contenders, Gordon - Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle and Spurs are the possible destinations.

They always are when you post :lol:

They always are when you post :lol:

Newcastle and Spurs going after the same targets is hardly a new experience! :lol: :lol: