Comparing our forwards with the top 4

Guest Knightrider

Guest kingdawson

Another thing i want to ask you Baggio. Yo call Owen a "world class goalscorer" and you tell me that the league is the "acid test", so can you please tell me why your "world class goalscorer" has never been able to hit 20 league goals in about 8 years in the premiership?

Mostly because he's suffered hamstring injures during his early years at Liverpool, he's only played more than 30 league games twice in any season.

Owen - 227 Premiership games - 125 Premiership goals - goal every 1.81 games

Berbatov works out at a goal every 3.125 games, Martins has a goal every 2.5.

How do you work that one out? Martins has scored 10 goals in 24 premiership starts and Berbatov has 8 in 23. Berbatov overall ratio is far superior to martins.

I was counting appearances, not starts. However I still suggest you get your calculator out because, even by your criteria, by "far superior" you actually mean worse. :laugh:

I mean overall as in all competitions. Im right tbh.

Another thing i want to ask you Baggio. Yo call Owen a "world class goalscorer" and you tell me that the league is the "acid test", so can you please tell me why your "world class goalscorer" has never been able to hit 20 league goals in about 8 years in the premiership?

Mostly because he's suffered hamstring injures during his early years at Liverpool, he's only played more than 30 league games twice in any season.

How do you work that one out? Martins has scored 10 goals in 24 premiership starts and Berbatov has 8 in 23. Berbatov overall ratio is far superior to martins.

I was counting appearances, not starts. However I still suggest you get your calculator out because, even by your criteria, by "far superior" you actually mean worse. :laugh:

You don't play the same teams in all competitions. You do in the league. I don't see how that's a difficult concept.

Guest kingdawson

You don't play the same teams in all competitions. You do in the league. I don't see how that's a difficult concept.

Actually it a very easy concept to grasp but we dont just ignore a players goal because they were not scored in the premiership. If anything newcastle have had the easier competition in europe anyway.

berbs has 17 goals in 32 starts and 5 substitute appearances

martins has 16 goals in 34 starts and 3 substitute appearances

Actually it a very easy concept to grasp but we dont just ignore a players goal because they were not scored in the premiership. If anything newcastle have had the easier competition in europe anyway.

Hardly "far superior" though.

Easier KD are having a laugh again? we've been through intertoto cup to be in UEFA cup place... Spuds got free pass also before Braga?? didn't you?

Why are people so defensive about Martins?

He's a top class player, but so is Berbatov by the look of it. Can we not just accept they're both good players withouth having to say 'ours is better na na'.

Talking crap as usual I see. :lol:

Why are people so defensive about Martins?

He's a top class player, but so is Berbatov by the look of it. Can we not just accept they're both good players withouth having to say 'ours is better na na'.

Mate... KD said Berbatov is far superior rather than Martin.. that which annoying...

Adebayor is one of the main reasons why Arsenal are not going to win anything this year, and may not next year, his finishing is appalling. For every two decent touches he has, his third usually screws up a move.

He isn't even a frustrating player, as he doesn't show enough quality often enough to be considered a frustrating player. He is going to have to improve a hell of a lot if he wants to be first team regular there, as at the moment he is a weak link.

Guest Knightrider

You're not saying Berbatov is better than Owen and Rooney now are you?

For sure i think he's a far better all round player then Owen but im having second thoughts about putting him ahead of Rooney tbh. Ill alter my list O0

Kuyt is a better all rounder than Owen too, however I'd rather have a World Class goalscorer than an excellent all rounder any day of the week.

Well Berbatov can easily hit 20 goals a season as well as assist about 15 goals. I'd rather 20 goals and 15 assists then 25 goals and 1 assist.

Owen created 5 goals last season IIRC, directly or indirectly, and created a few at Liverpool and for England, he's a creator too.

LOL, indirectly? so he passed the ball to dyer, who passed it to ameobi who passed it to Shearer to score.

No, I'm talking about being fouled for a free-kick, or winning corners, still influencing play and having a hand in a goal. I doubt Berbatov will directly set up 15 goals :lol:

Well he's directly set up about 12 goals already this season. I dont count winning penalties or free-kicks as an assist. Winning corners?? youve got to be joking.

So he has had the final touch 12 times before the player who scored has, i.e. directly responsible for 12 goals scored? Impressive.

Bump.

Talking crap as usual I see. :lol:

He's just given me a new sig.

Guest kingdawson

our group was harder then yours tbh and juniatmoko when did i ever say Berbatov was far superior then Martins you lying saddo.

Guest kingdawson

our group was harder then yours tbh and juniatmoko when did i ever say Berbatov was far superior then Martins you lying saddo.

you edited that saddo :lol:

No i didnt. You read it wrong and jumped to conclusions.

Honestly, I'd swap Martins for Berbatov.  They've both had good seasons so far, but I think Berbatov would be a better partner for Owen than Martins.

As for who's had the harder UEFA cup, I'd say Palermo and Fenerbache are better teams than anyone in Spurs' group.  Leverkusen are better than Frankfurt though, whilst Vigo are doing badly in the league but have done alright in Europe.

As for the knockout round, you've had to play two games against opposition who aren't really anything special.  The only good team we've played in the knockout round is AZ, but we've had to play twice as many games to get where we are.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Berbatov looks like a sex offender. On that basis I wouldn't have him at the club because we already have enough of them. Oba is better and will get even better in the future. To compare him with Berbatov is an insult

Honest question, does Berbatov wear eye make-up/is he a drag queen?

Nothing to do with his ability because he is a good player but everytime I see him he looks like he has forgotten to take his make up off when he was putting the blonde wig on its stand!

you edited that saddo :lol:

No i didnt. You read it wrong and jumped to conclusions.

Ok ok Whatever :lol:

Guest king harry

Be interesting to see what forwards the top clubs buy in the summer, Manchester united need a new striker, to be honest they have never replaced van nistleroy. Liverpool will probaly unload fowler and crouch in the summer, so they will bring in someone else. And newcastle might get rid of Ameobi, who to be fair is never going to be a top palyer.