Rooney or Martins?

Guest kebabstylee
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest triggy99

kebabstylee must be retarded to start a thread like this. why do you think rooneys playin for man utd and martins is playin for us? maybe because martins is rubbish and rooney is world class

This thread made to look even more ridiculous after yesterday's match.

I know what you mean but then it does kind of help when you have probably the most in form player in the world ripping a team to shreds and playing perfectly weighted balls into you. Plus the rest of their team is above average ;)

Guest Gemmill

I know what you mean but then it does kind of help when you have probably the most in form player in the world ripping a team to shreds and playing perfectly weighted balls into you. Plus the rest of their team is above average ;)

You're right, that totally means that Martins is as good as Rooney. :razz:

the boy is a genius - why not sit and list ronaldinho's goal scoring ratio - i'll bet it's not great....

i dont even like Ronaldinho that much, but I feel this comment should receive more mocking than it has so far.

someone has listed ronaldinho's scoring in the league this season and it's good - i always saw/see him as the player making the goals more often than scoring them, hence i was surprised by how many he'd got this season

so, smart arse, in the course of their club careers so far ronaldinho has scored at a rate of approx 2.5 games per goal vs rooneys 2.9....neither are what you'd consider "great" for a striker are they?  but they both bring more to games than goals, which was the point you fucken balloon

you can look at it 2 ways - ronaldinho has had much more time to rack up his total including arguably weaker leagues such as brazil and france.....the flipside being rooney has peaked and won't get any better (but has played in a tougher league for a shorter period, i'd argue)

so ridicule me then, go on...in fact i've made such a total and utter c*nt of myself i think i might end it right now

You're right, that totally means that Martins is as good as Rooney. :razz:

Never said it did you honky biatch but you know what I mean, with that sort of service im sure we would see more from Martins. I am not comparing or saying one is better than the other but I don't think the difference is as huge as people are making out. Rooney at his best is simply amazing but he does have extended periods of not doing it.

Guest makemeacupoftea

I'd take my 9 year old cousin off Leam Rangers hands ahead of Oba Martins.

why would you do that?

Cant believe how many people are going for Martins, yes he's done well but not in same class as Rooney. The amount of bad decisions Martins makes in terms of which ball to play, whether to shoot or not etc takes him out of the league Rooney is in. Id snap your hands for a Rooney Martins switch, but i dont think Sir Alex is that daft!

Guest Bellers

Not sure to be honest. Martins is vey erratic. He has great pace, skill and power, but his positioning and decision making leave a lot to be desired, nothing that can't be worked on though. Rooney on the other hand is always likely to provide you with the occasional flash of brilliance but tends to be average at the best of times.

I think it depends what I was looking for really. If I wanted a runner to support a big target man and chip in with the odd goal I'd go for Martins. If I wanted a player in the Scholes role to play in the hole between the midfield and strike force I'd go for Rooney.

Cant believe how many people are going for Martins, yes he's done well but not in same class as Rooney. The amount of bad decisions Martins makes in terms of which ball to play, whether to shoot or not etc takes him out of the league Rooney is in. Id snap your hands for a Rooney Martins switch, but i dont think Sir Alex is that daft!

too true, he'd just offer us calamity wes brown, john o'pies and ole "no-knees" solksjaer in exchange and we'd bite his hands off thinking it was a good deal

Guest Bellers

Lets be honest Rooney is every bit as over rated as Martins. He hasn't shown anything in the way of being a consistant attacking threat for a good number of months. If he wasn't English people would see him for what he really is.

Guest Morph

I'd take my 9 year old cousin off Leam Rangers hands ahead of Oba Martins.

why would you do that?

Martins is fucking awful.