Manager - if you had the choice

Isegrim
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coming from a discussion with Bayernfans on a Jorman forum after Hitzfeld signed a new contract. What do you consider is the bigger achievement. What Wenger has done at Arsenal in the last ten years or what Hitzfeld achieved with Bayern and Dortmund. And if you look at both who would you rather want to manage Newcastle (or your club in general)?

Guest Bramble OG

Wenger - Proven and fantastic in the transfer market

In a ideal world Wenger with hitzfeld as number 2 :)

Extremely tough choice. Both managers have developed plenty of unknown players into top class ones.

Hitzfeld has achieved more imo, and is the better manager tactically and when it comes to winning games, especially big ones, so overall hes the better manager, but my vote goes to Wenger with regards to our club, purely because hes consistently developed world class players from scratch. Hes the best manager when it comes to signing unknown for small fees and watching their value rise to the 20mills within a few years.

Extremely tough choice. Both managers have developed plenty of unknown players into top class ones.

Hitzfeld has achieved more imo, and is the better manager tactically and when it comes to winning games, especially big ones, so overall hes the better manager, but my vote goes to Wenger with regards to our club, purely because hes consistently developed world class players from scratch. Hes the best manager when it comes to signing unknown for small fees and watching their value rise to the 20mills within a few years.

Completely agree with you

This thread should have included Marcello Lippi too

He is free at the moment

Completely agree with you

This thread should have included Marcello Lippi too

He is free at the moment

Yeah, but the discussion wasn't who is the best manager in the world, but who is the better of those two.

Guest elbee909

I think Hitzfeld would have more hunger for the job, wanting to prove himself in the Premiership, whereas Wenger arguably already has done so.

I'd go with Wenger. Proven he can do it here. Who knows what Hitzfeld would be like outside of Germany.

I don't see why he wouldn't be a success, the Bundesliga is probably the most similar league to the premiership in terms of style of play. And when it comes to europe he's a genius.

Guest Invicta_Toon

they're both foreign twats

what exactly has Arshole Wanker achieved anyway? Were arsenal dogshit before he arrived? I doubt it

and Hitzfeld is a loon

Guest Knightrider

This may come as a surprise... Wenger. Hitzfeld is the better all-round manager for me with a bigger grasp of tactics, especially at European level as his success inidcates, but I don't think he's the type of manager to build a dynasty if you will, not a long lasting one anyway, like Wenger has done at Arsenal, and the Frenchman's footballing principles appeal to me more too. Him being proven in the Premiership also factors, but I agree with others, world-class managers will succeed wherever they go and Hitzfeld is certainly a world-class manager and the differences are marginal, most likely down to footballing style.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont think the question should who would we rather choose,but maybe who would they rather choose.But anyway,if you ask me,I prefer Wenger because he has been in the Premiership for a long time and he understands the game better.Hitzfeld is not bad either,but Im judging them based on their experience of the game.I dont think anyone of them will want to come here.

I think Hitzfeld is better than Wenger, he's taken two different clubs to land the biggest prize in league football so those who say he's only done it in Germany should think for a minute before trotting that one out.

Fair enough he's never managed in the Premiership but the game is still played with 11 players kicking a ball around a field.  I think Hitzfeld would out-think most managers in this country, I'd love to see him come up against Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho on a regular basis.

Good luck to him in his new job.