AZ Alkmaar 2 - 0 Newcastle United (Agg 4 - 4) - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest Invicta_Toon

It was very disappointing because, although AZ were better on the night and deserved to win, I wasn't that impressed with them.

Dyer is far more effective playing down the middle, either as a withdrawn striker or attacking midfielder. He ended up drifting inside to try and make things happen, and while I don't blame him for trying to get involved (particularly as no-one else was producing anything), it messed up our shape.

Eventually Roeder realised the need to play Dyer inside, but he didn't want to bite the bullet and abandon the tactic of hoofing it on to Sibierski's head. The result was our shape got worse after the substitutions.

All we needed was one goal, and we ought to have got it. Their defence wasn't any better than the one that showed up at St James's. Overall, I think Roeder has done a good job, but he got it wrong last night.

How has he done a good job?

Transfers - why did he completely ignore our most desperate requirements.

Tactically - inept

Substitutions - NOT PATTINSON YOU ARSE!

Motivation - seemingly zero

he didn't ignore them but was unable to get what he wanted/needed....unlike some previous managers who if they couldn't get the right one would just get anyone.right one or anyone,you decide ?

He was unable to get what he wanted?? WE HAVE NO LEFT BACK. ANd a championship centre back. If he couldn't find what he needed, he should be taken outside and shot, because thats a core function of his job. The f****** idiot.

finding and getting are two seperate things...yet again i'll ask,do you want us signing more sub-standard players for the sake of it or wiating to get someone you want ?

We don't even know he tried. Funny, he managed to find a player we DIDN'T need, but not soem we did. He had 2 windows, and he did fuck all. Not good enough.

Oh, and MANY MANY players are better than Babayaro and Shambles, so if he couldn't attract one, fuck him.

and the manager is the only factor in whether a player wants to come to a club isn't it

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given: 6

Solano: 7

Taylor: 5

Bramble: 5

Huntington: 4

Dyer: 5

Parker: 7

Butt: 6

Duff: 5

Martins: 5

Sibiersky: 6

Solano and Parker the only ones who was at average while our defense and offensive/creative players were s****! Helped a bit when Emre came in and I dont understand why he didnt start unless he was too unfit.

It was very disappointing because, although AZ were better on the night and deserved to win, I wasn't that impressed with them.

Dyer is far more effective playing down the middle, either as a withdrawn striker or attacking midfielder. He ended up drifting inside to try and make things happen, and while I don't blame him for trying to get involved (particularly as no-one else was producing anything), it messed up our shape.

Eventually Roeder realised the need to play Dyer inside, but he didn't want to bite the bullet and abandon the tactic of hoofing it on to Sibierski's head. The result was our shape got worse after the substitutions.

All we needed was one goal, and we ought to have got it. Their defence wasn't any better than the one that showed up at St James's. Overall, I think Roeder has done a good job, but he got it wrong last night.

Tactically - inept

he didn't ignore them but was unable to get what he wanted/needed....unlike some previous managers who if they couldn't get the right one would just get anyone.right one or anyone,you decide ?

He was unable to get what he wanted?? WE HAVE NO LEFT BACK. ANd a championship centre back. If he couldn't find what he needed, he should be taken outside and shot, because thats a core function of his job. The f****** idiot.

finding and getting are two seperate things...yet again i'll ask,do you want us signing more sub-standard players for the sake of it or wiating to get someone you want ?

We don't even know he tried. Funny, he managed to find a player we DIDN'T need, but not soem we did. He had 2 windows, and he did fuck all. Not good enough.

Oh, and MANY MANY players are better than Babayaro and Shambles, so if he couldn't attract one, fuck him.

and the manager is the only factor in whether a player wants to come to a club isn't it

Its HIS job to get the players, so its his fault he didn't. Its impossible to defend his piss-poor transfer record regarding players we NEED.

He's a dogshit manager, and has fuck all draw to decent players. Martins is going to be giving his agent a kicking soon enough.

Guest AZsupporters

What a match! :laugh2:

We really deserved the 2-0 victory, we went on full attack and it paid off!

AZ's defenders (especially Donk) did a great job, you hardly created any changes.

I expected an attacking NUFC, if you would have scored than it would be over for AZ, but you played rather "passive" :idiot2:

Anyway, the atmosphere in the DSB stadium was great, we've had a fantastic evening! 8)

Check www.azsupporters.nl for some pictures of the match!

Edit: Also posted 2 videos! :-*

AZ's defenders (especially Donk) did a great job, you hardly created any changes.

I expected an attacking NUFC, if you would have scored than it would be over for AZ, but you played rather "passive" :idiot2:

Anyway, the atmosphere in the DSB stadium was great, we've had a fantastic evening! 8)

You fully deserved your win, good luck for the rest of the tournament mate.

Guest Knightrider

You fully deserved your win, good luck for the rest of the tournament mate.

Agreed, good luck.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Tactically - inept

Its HIS job to get the players, so its his fault he didn't. Its impossible to defend his piss-poor transfer record regarding players we NEED.

He's a dogshit manager, and has fuck all draw to decent players. Martins is going to be giving his agent a kicking soon enough.

bullshit

if a targetted player won't come here because he doesn't like the facilities / contract / pay / teammates / fans / expectation / shearer / the north east / the fucking weather then it's hardly roeders fault is it you donut

Guest magpies_rawk

Just see the chronicle tomorrow

Parker/Dyer/Taylor or whoever the f*** - 'We must do better for the fans'

fuck them

Guest MaartenTheMagicianMartens

We deserved to win. I thought Newcastle played like crap. Only that bald guy was playing pretty good. We should've finished it earlier though, should've been like 5-0. Now we have to play Bremen. I saw them versus Ajax and I think we can beat them. Too bad we first got to play a home game though.

We deserved to win. I thought Newcastle played like crap. Only that bald guy was playing pretty good. We should've finished it earlier though, should've been like 5-0.

Pretty much spot on.

Also I gotta say I was surprised by our defense. Donk and Jaliens did a great job!

Guest Fetai

Also I gotta say I was surprised by our defense. Donk and Jaliens did a great job!

Wat denk je... zal AZ het redden tegen Werder Bremen  :buck2:?

(What are your expectations for the forthcoming match against Werder Bremen?)

By the way, the Newcastle supporters showed good sportsmanship  :thup:. They even showed respect for the AZ players after the game. And Fetai, read my previous posts  :crazy2:.

Guest Fetai

By the way, the Newcastle supporters showed good sportsmanship :thup:. They even showed respect for the AZ players after the game. And Fetai, read my previous posts  :crazy2:.

They did not imho. They made remarks like: "I'm fighting the urge to abuse you" and "tell the dutch "C-word" to go to his own boards" etc.

But I can't find your posts, could you give me the link to the topic you've posted in.