AZ Alkmaar 2 - 0 Newcastle United (Agg 4 - 4) - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest magpies_rawk

just shows, Roeder didnt even have the guts to face the cameras after the game!

shades of souness...

Guest Phil K

i blame souness! :'(

True, but the man REALLY to blame is Fat B*stardo.

ya...deeeeeeeep down, it really is souness' fault yeah?

Who gave Souness the job and astonished everyone with the decisions stupidity - of giving the job to a man at the time who had been taking Blackburn down ? (They were in the bottom 3 at the time, and their fans were overjoyed we were idiotic enough to take him)

How many Newcastle fans wanted Souness ?

ONE - Shepherd.

just shows, Roeder didnt even have the guts to face the cameras after the game!

What good would it have done coming onto national television, infront of millions of people, and making a fool out of himself by going mad? Which he wouldn't have done anyway.

Guest elpapi

I haven't felt this angry about anything for a long time, I've never felt this angry about football, ever.

?? I'm feeling like this about twice a year, all toon-related...

I can't acctually believe that he brought zog on with 5 mins to go, he provided instant width. The subs were an absolute disgrace, Milner one of our best players this year simply left out. Sib won every header but the movement from the front two was shocking! So pissed off, should of had the tie finished up in the first leg, need someone who has the balls to make tactical decisions. Sorry.. just needed to rant.

Guest magpies_rawk

But realistically, i cannot see roedent getting the sack anytime soon. After all, the media has been building roedent up to more than what he is, "doing a great job with injuries, he's the man for the job etc"... i'd be surprised if he got the boot before the season closes. But again, the season's over for us isn't it?

i blame souness! :'(

True, but the man REALLY to blame is Fat B*stardo.

ya...deeeeeeeep down, it really is souness' fault yeah?

ofcourse! who spent 50 million on players who aren't even playing except Parke rand Emre is shiite!

Thought Parker was alright today, tbh. Better than Butt by a canny way.

Just agreed with Andy Townsend for the first time in my life. He said something like, "If Newcastle don't sign someone to organise their defence they'll shoot themselves in the foot year after year."

A truely shocking performance from every man on the pitch. I can't believe the club are talking about giving Bramble a new contract. Everything about his showing tonight shows why he should be told to f*** off. The only person who did come out of the game with a little bit of credit was Siba who won just about everything in the air. He was just as bad as everyone else with the ball at his feet hough and even when he did win the ball in the air the rest of the team were too f****** slow to realise he was going to win it and were subsequently on their heals.

As said before, seaon over. I'm not particularly looking forward to Charlton on Sunday now.

I just don't think this tactic of trying to get on the end of a big man's headers all the time can work at that level. Besides, a lack of pace was the real weakness in the Alkmaar defence, and we didn't exploit that at all by that tactic. Martins and Dyer are our best combination and that's what we should have played.

I'm not one to get on to Roeder, but I didn't like his substitutions. We completely lost shape and it all became a bit of a mess.

Guest AZ Lover

Too bad guys, I didn't see us winning without a goal against us.

Good luck for next season, but like Newcastle, AZ just isn't good enough to win the UEFA-Cup.

But what the hell was BUTT doing in the last minute, a experienced player like him shouldn't knock down a player like that.  :tickedoff:

Guest Phil K

i need someone to come out and explain this rubbish

We don't need Roeder to tell us he f****d up big time.

We don't need him to tell us the team were appalling.

We don't need Roeder to tell us his decisions were lunatic

WE KNOW.

I haven't felt this angry about anything for a long time, I've never felt this angry about football, ever.

I expected it, I've been worried about this match all week. No bottle when we go ahead, none whatsoever. If this had been a one-ff game tonight, at Alkmaar, 0-0 at the start, I'd have been far more confident. Sitting on first-leg leads is for cowards and it rarely works.

Guest alijmitchell

Fuck Newcastle United...why do we even fucking bother? Shite Manager, Shite team, Shite Chairman. Fuck Europe next season. I'm not angry anymore, just emotionless, vacant. Welcome back absolute despair, just like the two cup finals, the league loss, lisbon, Partizan and Marseille. Fuck that fat cunt of a chairman.

Guest magpies_rawk

Good luck for next season, but like Newcastle, AZ just isn't good enough to win the UEFA-Cup.

But what the hell was BUTT doing in the last minute, a experienced player like him shouldn't knock down a player like that.  :tickedoff:

good luck on ur domestic front

Guest andynufc84

I think AZ are capable as they will always score goal + awesome at home

Provided they get it right at the back I think they have a great chance of going all the way

Van Gaall or whatever that fucking cuntface deformed mother fucking ball-licker is called is the biggest fucking arsehole this side of jose fucking Moriniho. Newcastle were absolute cuntishly shit sheep shagging mother fuckers. The whole defence were a fucking disgrace and they couldn't fucking defend to save their lives. Fuck me poor oba, he had no fucking chance with so much fucking shit around him. I wish parker would fucking stop spinning round like a fucking ballerina. Fucking Duff and Dyer were absolute mother fucking disgraces. Width? Pace? Fuckoff.

They were all a disgrace to the motherfucking shirt.

Glenn you got it fucking well wrong.

Punching the TV hurts it wish it was van gall bladders deformed motherfucking face.

Yeh.

Guest elbee909

But what the hell was BUTT doing in the last minute, a experienced player like him shouldn't knock down a player like that.  :tickedoff:

Yeah, experience doesn't count for much when frustration kicks in though.  Look at Zidane.  Good luck with the rest of the competition anyway.

Conceding that second goal last week was what cost us, but having said that, we were still in a good position. Over the last week, pretty much everyone I've talked to about the game has been saying its a good lead, but it's by no means over, its very possible they could win 2-0 and go through.

Now presumably if we all knew this, then they did, so how the f*ck did they come up with that? We've known/been told how tough and how attacking they are when they're at home. So surely the most important thing was to make damned sure we got in an away goal. But no, very timid attacking wise until late on in the second half, when its a bit bloody late. You can't sit back against such an attacking team like AZ, even with a solid mistake. I've been of the opinion that Bramble, generally has been playing pretty well since he's been back in the team, but the old Titus came flooding back tonight. Taylor was more careless than complete sh!t, and I think you can say about him that he's a decent defender in the making, but still young and making the mistakes young players do - saying that, he was flailing his arms about at times, and that challenge he made in the first half - someone should have had a word with him, just to say cut it out/calm down.

People are getting their knives out for Roeder - I haven't, but with displays like tonight, I can understand why, as I'm not sure what the plan was there at all. Or perhaps there was and the players just decided to ignore it.