What, for you, has been Newcastle's WORST Premiership season?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ryunufc

this one, 06/07

-the way roeder wasted 2 transfer windows

-the way we surrendered to birmingham and az

-the gameplan at anfield and old trafford... made me sick

-the fact roeder, very likely, will still be in charge next season

-the fact roeder has started using the same excuses used by souness (ref, injury)

04/05 souness was terrible, but with his CV and activities in transfer windows (even though he bought garbage), for me,there was always some optimism. at least, i was looking forward to 05/06. but not for this one.

I've gone for this one and only because we're still going though it, the Souness arrival was bad but that's history.

so you think this season is worse than all the years we struggled in the 2nd division, or were relegated  mackems.gif

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

:idiot2:

I've gone for this one and only because we're still going though it, the Souness arrival was bad but that's history.

so you think this season is worse than all the years we struggled in the 2nd division, or were relegated  mackems.gif

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

NE5's new single, released soon, will be a cover version of Simply Red's "Holding back the years"...

*I'll keep holding on....*

:razz:

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

NE5's new single, released soon, will be a cover version of Simply Red's "Holding back the years"...

Tell you what. Here's a novel idea. How can where we are at the moment be worse than spending any of a number of years in the old 2nd division ?

I realise it may be difficult, but try.

I mean, if you really want to say something sensible, rather than stupid. Have a go.

Guest Hibbits left foot

This season simply because its been an anti climax from the start and will end with a whimper as opposed to last season ...

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

Tell you what. Here's a novel idea. How can where we are at the moment be worse than spending any of a number of years in the old 2nd division ?

Well, I suppose we could go even further back into history and bemoan the fact that we used to wear red and white stripes way way back when we were Newcastle West End.

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

Well, I suppose we could go even further back into history and bemoan the fact that we used to wear red and white stripes way way back when we were Newcastle West End.

Indeed we could. Each to their own. Fact is though mate, there was a time when this season would have been considered a success. Thats a fact. I can't understand how someone who has witnessed those standards can consider this season to be worse.

As Newcastle West End, we wore thin red and blue hoops, circa 1881.

We wore red and white stripes as Newcastle East End.

I bet even NE5 didn't know that, even though he was right-back for West End.

;)

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

Indeed we could. Each to their own. Fact is though mate, there was a time when this season would have been considered a success. Thats a fact. I can't understand how someone who has witnessed those standards can consider this season to be worse.

If it's a fact, then where's the link? :laugh:

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

Well, it is a fact. Many people harp on about the MacDonald days etc etc, being so good ie legendary etc, but we finished 15th in the league for 3 consecutive years.

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

Well, it is a fact. Many people harp on about the MacDonald days etc etc, being so good ie legendary etc, but we finished 15th in the league for 3 consecutive years.

Christ fella. What the hell has this to do with the Premiership? I can forgive a lack of comprehension but once you recognise the mistake, drop it and let the thread get back to the question at hand please.

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

Christ fella. What the hell has this to do with the Premiership? I can forgive a lack of comprehension but once you recognise the mistake, drop it and let the thread get back to the question at hand please.

whats the problem. The question is what has been Newcastles worst season ? To ME, it would be any of at least a dozen seasons where we really struggled, which certainly isn't this one.

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

whats the problem. The question is what has been Newcastles worst season ? To ME, it would be any of at least a dozen seasons where we really struggled, which certainly isn't this one.

Learn to read, the question is what has been our worst Premier League season.

whats the problem. The question is what has been Newcastles worst season of those listed in the poll ? To ME, it would be any of at least a dozen seasons where we really struggled, which certainly isn't this one.

and sold Gazza

and Beardsley

and Waddle

Sorry mate, the initial post specifies the Premiership and we should be decent enough to keep the opinions to within those limits.

As for myself, I would at a push vote for this season. Tough choice but I'll pick it but primarily because it is the latest in an all too predictable decline, which has and will continue to become more and more difficult to turn around.

NE5, I'm sure everyone is well aware that there have been worse seasons in our history than those listed in the poll. But can you not just let it go and let people answer the question asked?

I'm sure a large part of the reason the poll starts in 1993 is that the majority of the posters on this board are, through no fault of their own, quite young and unfamiliar with the years before it.

I went for 03/04 - because that was the season Uncle Bobby started losing it, and all the momentum he had built up disippated. Losing to Partizan was a kick in the guts, and the moment, for me, when any title winning aspirations faded and we slipped back into the pack. I fear we'll never have it as good as we did then, with a world class manager and a terrific squad capable of challenging Man Utd and Arsenal in what was (at the time) essentially a two-horse race

Ok, as has been pointed out, the question is about the PL.

I'd expect to see a different answer from the younger supporters compared to the older supporters.

For those who remember the years before the Premier League and really supported the club, there is only one answer and GM has it nailed on. There really can be no other choice. For those people who supported the club during the years of no ambition and of selling our best players there can be no other answer than that given by GM. Missing out by being 2nd after everything that had gone before is by far the sickest feeling I've ever had since supporting Newcastle.

For those who don't remember anything other than the PL due to their age (which is out of their control, my own son, for example) or for those who remember the period before the PL but did not bother supporting the club, I think it's understandable they will consider the destruction of the team by Souness as the sickest. That makes me sick too, because again, we were on the verge of something.

Each to their own, but I'm surprised that anybody who was a supporter during the Souness period feels more sick now than they did as they watched that w****** destroy the team put together by Robson, a team that with a bit of tinkering could have gone on to seriously challenge.