Emre - last game v Charlton?

Crumpy Gunt

Aye, good luck to him on this.

I think he will walk away unpunished, if they had 100% sure evidence this would have been dealt with weeks ago, this is going to a

"he said it"  - "no I did'nt"  type of hearing. It mat not even get sorted today.

Aye, good luck to him on this.

I think he will walk away unpunished, if they had 100% sure evidence this would have been dealt with weeks ago, this is going to a

"he said it"  - "no I did'nt"  type of hearing. It mat not even get sorted today.

same, but i think he'll get done. The FA has never needed evidence tbh.

Don't think he'll be convicted today, but he already has at least one more charge (Bangoura) to deal with.

No doubt the press will once again drag his name and the name of our club through the mud throughout the whole process.

Good luck to Emre though. I've developed a soft spot for the little turkish devil and I do hope he stays

I don't think its too promising, I hope he hasn't said anything and gets to play because he is our most creative player but from his comments "defending" himself I think he has done something wrong.

Not sure why he needs wishes of luck tbh.

If he's not said anything, great; if he has, f*** off.

I agree mate if he did do it then bye bye, but like said above this is the FA and he could be done even if there is a massive lack of evidence to prove he did say it.

I mean what can they do about it? get in a Turkish lip reader to prove what he said.

Not sure why he needs wishes of luck tbh.

If he's not said anything, great; if he has, f*** off.

I agree mate if he did do it then bye bye, but like said above this is the FA and he could be done even if there is a massive lack of evidence to prove he did say it.

I mean what can they do about it? get in a Turkish lip reader to prove what he said.

And considering what we've seen of Emre and his Representation's ability to issue "strategic" media comments, I think he just might need a bit of luck to work his way out of the FA witch hunt even if he IS innocent.

Emre

"I didn't throw the stone"

"Well yeah I threw the stone but it didn't go anywhere near the window"

"Ok I threw the stone but it just bounced off the window"

"In my country everyone breaks windows"

Guest toongimp

Great player and clapped us traveling fans yesterday. Hope he stays as nest season should be better for us.

Guest jazzfido
he could be done even if there is a massive lack of evidence to prove he did say it.

I think you misunderstand what constitutes evidence in a court of law. Witness statements are, by definition, evidence. It is about whether the judges believe the witnesses are telling the truth. In this case there are several witnesses allegedly providing similar statements. Consequently, it is safe to say that Emre, based on available evidence, will be convicted of making racist comments.

Didnt he apparently use the word "Negro"?  Not hard to understand that. I don't think its a witch hunt just think some are hoping it is. I doubt players are gonna come out and try and ruin a players career if they havent really done anything wrong.

Aye but how many of them speak Turkish? if non of them speak it and only heard the words then how do they know what he said ?

Sems like a bit of a witch hunt to me.

he allegedly said it in english

Where did you hear that? I always thought it was said in Turkish and that is why it has all taken so long to sort.

I also thought that this was all down to what the ref put in his report and nothing to do with Everton making a complaint.

Aye but how many of them speak Turkish? if non of them speak it and only heard the words then how do they know what he said ?

Where did you hear that?

from the stands :p

Why would Howard and Lescott have kicked off so much at the time if he said something in Turkish? Are they fluent

Where did you hear that? I always thought it was said in Turkish and that is why it has all taken so long to sort.

I also thought that this was all down to what the ref put in his report and nothing to do with Everton making a complaint.

The ref didn't hear anything - this is all based on what the Everton lads heard And why would they have gone ballistic at the time if he'd said it in Turkish?

The day afetr the game on SSN, they on about how the FA were reacting to what was written in the refs after match report, Everton themselves had not made a complaint.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=441269&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=FA+charge+for+Emre

The Football Association have charged Newcastle midfielder Emre with "using racially-aggravated abusive and/or insulting words" during the match against Everton at Goodison Park last month.

Turkish international Emre was involved in angry exchanges with Everton players during The Toffees' 3-0 win on 30th December.

Everton players took exception to Emre appearing to wave an imaginary card after Leon Osman had felled Kieron Dyer in the box and a melee ensued.

The incident was mentioned in referee Dermot Gallagher's report and, following a thorough investigation, The FA have opted to charge Emre.

The Turkish international has until 29th January to respond to the charge.

Didnt he apparently use the word "Negro"?  Not hard to understand that. I don't think its a witch hunt just think some are hoping it is. I doubt players are gonna come out and try and ruin a players career if they havent really done anything wrong.

totally agree i think some people are blinded by the fact that he is turkish and obviously cannot speak ingleesh very will

Guest Sniffer

He might be better off being found guilty and  leaving anyway. At least it gets him out of this fucking shambles of a club.