Gareth Bale

Guest crj89

Guest crj89

if he plays well in the upcoming international games we should definately go in for him as international games are of a very high standard.

Aye lets spend over £11m on a 17/18 year old left back who is unproven to any real extent and ignore the rest of the squad.

I agree with you, but we will have a fair bit more than £11m to spend this summer, surely.

Guest justin99.

Aye lets spend over £11m on a 17/18 year old left back who is unproven to any real extent and ignore the rest of the squad.

I agree with you, but we will have a fair bit more than £11m to spend this summer, surely.

It's really anyone's guess as to how much money newcastle has to spend

I reckon we will have a bit to spend but not enough to gamble £11m on a left back. Would rather spend that on Baines (although I don't think he would cost nearly that amount).

Don't think Bale will be going anywhere other than to Manu. 

SAF offered £3m rising to £5m in the last window (which Southampton rejected), Spurs offered £5m rising to £8m (appearances) plus other possibles (winning cups etc) which could take it to £10m.  That bid was accepted.

Bale opted not to move, wants to join his idol Giggs, and ishappy to wait for a Manu bid that would be accepted.  His parents want him to go to Spurs as they think he will be benched at Manu behind Evra and Heinze, but Bale still opted to sit tight.

Things might change in the coming window but I'd be surprised tbh.  Sooner or later i think he will go to Manu. 

Don't think Bale will be going anywhere other than to Manu. 

Yup, and if he doesn't end up there, his price will be inflated beyond all sanity because of it. I'd bet you any money, Southampton will try and squeeze as much money as they can out of Man Utd - knowing that wealthy clubs like Arsenal and Newcastle are also after him (even though we'd be wasting our time).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he went for something totally daft like £16m.

Let the big boys have their fun with Bale while we sneakily get Baines in for half the cash, yet double the proven quality. Baines all the way.

His parents want him to go to Spurs as they think he will be benched at Manu behind Evra and Heinze,

That's a point actually... if United get Bale in - i'd live to see us go in for Heinze. Was class in his first season and is an Argentinian internaiontal regular - speaks for itself. Been played out of the team, some would say, but he'd still be heads and shoulders above Evra if it wasn't for the injury. Has experience and the quality, and i don't think United are fussed whether or not he leaves. Would hopefully be an option.

EXCUSE ME!

He scores 1 in 5 free-kicks for the southampton reserves! :idiot2:

:lol:

His parents want him to go to Spurs as they think he will be benched at Manu behind Evra and Heinze,

That's a point actually... if United get Bale in - i'd live to see us go in for Heinze. Was class in his first season and is an Argentinian internaiontal regular - speaks for itself. Been played out of the team, some would say, but he'd still be heads and shoulders above Evra if it wasn't for the injury. Has experience and the quality, and i don't think United are fussed whether or not he leaves. Would hopefully be an option.

Comolli has already spoken to SAF on Heinze's situation.  If SAF does increase his bid (and it's rumoured to be still a big if), it seems like Heinze would probably be headed to Spain.  SAF still thinks he can get Bale for a couple of mill  less than Spurs offered.  Southampton will obviously say no, but if Bale refuses to go to anyone else, and is refusing to extend his contract, Southampton may have no choice.

Still think Bale will wind up at Manu.  Why won't kids of today listen to their parents? :lol: