Diego Forlan?

Mr. Snrub

Apparently we're already in talks to sign him.  Would be a great buy if we got him for a decent price.  Much better than Shola, that's for sure.  Didn't have the best of times at Man Ure, but has proven his class at Villarreal.

Hopefully it would also mean that Sibierski doesn't get a new deal and we send him packing.

Diego Forlan has 0.38 goals per game, that's .05 better than Martins. Sign him now.

Do you think Forlan could be a success in the Premiership?  I'm not convinced tbh.  No particular reason for saying that other than he always seemed to be a bit rushed in the premiership and much more composed in La Liga.  Maybe the little less pace and more skill that La Liga offers suits his game better.  I'm not disputing that he is a talented footballer but not ideally suited to the premiership imo.

Diego Forlan has 0.38 goals per game, that's .05 better than Martins. Sign him now.

Do you think Forlan could be a success in the Premiership?  I'm not convinced tbh.  No particular reason for saying that other than he always seemed to be a bit rushed in the premiership and much more composed in La Liga.  Maybe the little less pace and more skill that La Liga offers suits his game better.  I'm not disputing that he is a talented footballer but not ideally suited to the premiership imo.

I was being a bit facetious with that post, mate.

I'm not sure he'd be half as effective over here, mainly because of the reason that you've already mentioned - and the fact he'd have nobody supplying him with Riquleme-shaped bullets, either.

Guest Ridzuan

Jesus Wept. We are 'linked' (at NOTW standard, that is) with Forlan every window. He was f****** toss in England.

We are always linked with rubbish players nowadays.

Guest Stephen927

Average striker who failed to score in his first eight months for Man United. He'd probably score one goal every 3 years if he came here.

Average striker who failed to score in his first eight months for Man United. He'd probably score one goal every 3 years if he came here.

How many games did he play over that 8 months out of interest? Not saying he would be fantastic or even good but I seem to remember his chances being limited.

Being linked with players like Forlan does my head in.  Owen, Martins, Forlan etc etc etc  they're all much of a muchness.  They're small, quick, box strikers.  Fair enough Martins has a good leap, but Newcastle United need a big strong powerful Centre Forward in the Les Ferdinand mould.  I want to see balls coming in to the box, and an intimidating 6ft+ striker dominating in the air.  We're not good enough to play Arsenal type football, so we need a Drogba.  People may "scoff" but Crouch wouldn't be a bad option, and Carew would've been a great option.  Klaas Jan Huntelaar is an option but he's not coming here, but I'm sick of being linked with these fart and you'd blow them over striker types like Ryan Babel, am I alone in thinking we need a striker with a huge physical presence?

How many games did he play over that 8 months out of interest? Not saying he would be fantastic or even good but I seem to remember his chances being limited.

Canny few appearances iirc. Ferguson persevered with him after spending all that wedge. Bet he played 30+ games.

I remember it took him 27 games to score his first.