Roeder Q&A: Contracts for Edgar & maybe Bramble, Vocal minority are kinda idiots

BottledDog

Guest Invicta_Toon

What's your opinion of the new kit Glen my son? Is it likely to be the reason we get humped at home a good few times next season?

Interesting stuff about Bramble.

Pretty much has eight games to save his NUFC career.

Giving him a contract based on the next 8 games - not sure what hes hoping for. Bramble has consistently ended a season strongly, mainly because hes a better defender when we have nothing to play for (as well as the opposition having nothing to play for). If he does so again, well merely be setting ourselves up for more frustration.

Its time for Bramble to go, hes had far too many chances, giving him one more is just silly when weve seen during the course of the season that Bramble is not capable of consistency.

Guest cfhpantera27

would "what the f*** is steve carr?" qualify?

i do belive the answer to that would be.. 20% leprecauhn, 80% monkey boy  :D

Roeder is a 1st class c***.

1000 In Holland last week where a vocal majority in their condemnation of the arrogant b******.

I'm hating this c*** almost as much as I did Souness.

The vocal majority were in fact the majority of the minority. :D

So blatantly obvious that Bramble will stay, and i won't be surprised in the slightest.

Senseless and no ambition.

Better than:

Brainless and no sense of reality.

Don't you think?

I know, let's give a whole load of players away for free, that's a good idea, we can afford to do that easily. :lol:

What a joke. :idiot2:

Blatantly obvioous Bramble is gone!

Fighting for his life??? That doesn't sound good at all!!!

Also on sky tonight said the whole squad isn't good enough and has to be revamped.

Sounds like we are going to be splashing the cash:

Long-term planning holds key for Roeder

George Caulkin

Scrawled on a whiteboard above Glenn Roeder’s desk, is a sentence that encapsulates Newcastle United’s recent history and, perhaps, hints at a brighter future. “Newcastle always buy one star here, one star there, but never a team,” it reads. “I look at that every day,” Roeder, the manager, said yesterday. “One star here, one star there, no team, no backbone.”

Roeder is confident that Michael Owen, among others, will remain at St James’ Park after another season ravaged by injury and disappointment, but there was a caveat and a context to his comments. It can be argued that he risked silverware when refusing to overreach in the transfer market this season but, unlike several of his predecessors, he is gazing at the long term.

“I speak to Michael every day and I would be shocked if he was not here next season,” Roeder said. “But like a lot of the big hitters — and we have some big hitters, even though we don’t have a team of them yet — he will be looking to see who I bring in, because he, Scott Parker and Shay Given want to be part of a winning team.”

Owen has not played for Newcastle since severely damaging anterior cruciate knee ligaments during the World Cup finals — the club are continuing their case for compensation from Fifa and the FA — but a player of his stature naturally prompts speculation.

The next step for Roeder is a vital one. “Last year, I had targets I didn’t get for a variety of reasons,” he said. “But I didn’t panic and just buy players I wasn’t certain about. It would have been here we go again — players on four-year contracts, who in six months’ time are no use. You can say I was gambling with my job, but it was for the good of Newcastle United, not for myself.

“We could have got players who were past their shelf life, because that’s happened here in the past, players who are a name but that’s all they are, on the way down. This summer, we go into it with room to manoeuvre in the squad.”

Sounds like we are going to be splashing the cash:

Long-term planning holds key for Roeder

George Caulkin

Scrawled on a whiteboard above Glenn Roeder’s desk, is a sentence that encapsulates Newcastle United’s recent history and, perhaps, hints at a brighter future. “Newcastle always buy one star here, one star there, but never a team,” it reads. “I look at that every day,” Roeder, the manager, said yesterday. “One star here, one star there, no team, no backbone.”

Roeder is confident that Michael Owen, among others, will remain at St James’ Park after another season ravaged by injury and disappointment, but there was a caveat and a context to his comments. It can be argued that he risked silverware when refusing to overreach in the transfer market this season but, unlike several of his predecessors, he is gazing at the long term.

“I speak to Michael every day and I would be shocked if he was not here next season,” Roeder said. “But like a lot of the big hitters — and we have some big hitters, even though we don’t have a team of them yet — he will be looking to see who I bring in, because he, Scott Parker and Shay Given want to be part of a winning team.”

Owen has not played for Newcastle since severely damaging anterior cruciate knee ligaments during the World Cup finals — the club are continuing their case for compensation from Fifa and the FA — but a player of his stature naturally prompts speculation.

The next step for Roeder is a vital one. “Last year, I had targets I didn’t get for a variety of reasons,” he said. “But I didn’t panic and just buy players I wasn’t certain about. It would have been here we go again — players on four-year contracts, who in six months’ time are no use. You can say I was gambling with my job, but it was for the good of Newcastle United, not for myself.

We could have got players who were past their shelf life, because that’s happened here in the past, players who are a name but that’s all they are, on the way down. This summer, we go into it with room to manoeuvre in the squad.”

Does the name Damien Duff not ring any bells with Roeder?

He blames everybody but himself.