People demanding for Roeder to leave now

Leazes1986

Guest Darth Toon

It's just so fcuking depressing thinking about it.

The argument that Fat Fred can't been trusted to find a decent replacement is a valid one in my opinion - perhaps the best that can be said of Roeder is that he is an OK manager: i.e. unlikely to get us relegated - having just witnessed the Souness regime we should be all too aware that there's a lot worse out there.

I think its something of a moot point anyway, as barring an absolutey disastrous end to the season there's no way Glenn won't be in charge at least for the start of next season (although a few early defeats and he probably won't see Christmas, especially if, God forbid, we find ourselves below the mackems...)

Being as optimistic as possible, if we get off to a half decent start we could do OK next season, especially if we can get 2 decent strikers on the pitch at the same time, which is something we haven't had since Bellamy left. Lowered expectations could also work in Roeder's favour - if he gets us anywhere near the top 6 people will be pretty happy.

Longer term, I've really no idea....

Guest lady newcastle

well as far as doing alot worse MON isnt doing that great at villa and they still got alot of players in, in the last transfer window

i dont care what anyine says he's done a good job with what has had available.... weve still had a injury list that would kill off any top team...manu were complaing about a few injuries same with spurs,  theres no team been top of the phisio table like we have this season 

looking forward to next season and a  better run once shola and owen are back!!

every team has made the wrong managerial appointments before, some more often than others but no one has not.

before Ferguson, Manure had Sexton and Atkinson.

before Wenger there was Rioch.

before Jol there were Ardiles, Francis, Gross, Graham, Hoddle.

before Mourinho there were Gullit, Vialli, Ranieri.

i could go on and on.

Fuck me people have got short memories.  Gullit won Chelsea's first trophy for 20-odd years.  Vialli won The FA Cup, League Cup and Cup Winners cup.

I wish we had a bad appointment on that level tbh

Jesus wept.

every team has made the wrong managerial appointments before, some more often than others but no one has not.

i could go on and on.

the point is, it makes no sense to stick with a guy who is not good enough, especially when he has never shown any signs that he ever was or ever will be.

Manure, CHelsea, Spurs, and Arsenal have made great strides only after taking the brave decision to sack their guy and try again with someone they believe to be better.

i wonder what would have happened if, say Arsenal thought "what if the next guy who comes in is worse than Rioch" and decided to stick with him?

if you feel roeder is good enough, than fair play to you, it's your opinion. but if you can see that he isn't, then for me it's very very silly to think we may as well keep him for stability's sake since FFS might hire someone worse.

Good point.

Also I think the clubs who have managed to stay on the CL train have secured huge financial advantages over the rest of us. It is almost a story of how the CL has destroyed the competitive nature of the national game.

Guest andynufc84

i could go on and on.

the point is, it makes no sense to stick with a guy who is not good enough, especially when he has never shown any signs that he ever was or ever will be.

Manure, CHelsea, Spurs, and Arsenal have made great strides only after taking the brave decision to sack their guy and try again with someone they believe to be better.

i wonder what would have happened if, say Arsenal thought "what if the next guy who comes in is worse than Rioch" and decided to stick with him?

if you feel roeder is good enough, than fair play to you, it's your opinion. but if you can see that he isn't, then for me it's very very silly to think we may as well keep him for stability's sake since FFS might hire someone worse.

Good point.

Also I think the clubs who have managed to stay on the CL train have secured huge financial advantages over the rest of us. It is almost a story of how the CL has destroyed the competitive nature of the national game.

Aye but all of those clubs have gone on to make GOOD appointments - Do we really think Newcaslte will do this?

The original post is spot on, Roeder may not be the man we want in charge, but if he is sacked will Freddy make the right appointment? Probably not

If at the start of next season if Roeder has a bad start he will probably sacked after 5 games similar to the Robson situation. If this does happen we are back to square 1.

There is no point in sacking Roeder without an idea who to replace him with though, surely?!

That's how we ended up with Souness...

And also how we ended up with Roeder.

And Robson. You win some, you lose some ;)

The thing that bothers me about Roeder and NUFC, is it seems like we have no real coaching team!

Sure we have great players, but it's not enough to have great players if they can't play like a team. When you look at Bolton, Liverpool, Reading and many more, all those teams have a game plan, and I don't even think Roeder knows that much about those things.

Credit to Roeder he nows how to motivate players, but I don't think he will ever be the manager to take us to the next level.

p.s. Anyone who thinks that Roeder was some kind og a super scout for buying Martins needs to watch alot more of seria A, Martins was already a huge player in italy, and I still can't beleive we got him.

Guest Stephen927

If Shepherd is going to get rid of Roeder he needs to do it at the beginning of the summer, not five games into next season. This club desperately needs stability at the moment and firing another manager isn't going to look good when we try to hire another manager.

On the other hand, I don't believe Roeder is good enough to take this team to the next level, and the fact that I don't trust the board to get the next managerial appointment right has left me in two minds regarding Roeder.

If Roeder is manager for next season we are relegated..... a near racing certainty.

We have somehow managed to scrape through this season. Our luck will run out next year because we simply will not be able to score enough goals. We can t just say that becasue we have Own and Martins that we are going to have success. Somehow we have to be able to create chances for them..... Ihonestly cant see who is goign to do it for us under our current style of play