Turk on Trial (Left Back)

Ayerso

Erol Bulut is hopeful that he has done enough to earn a permanent deal at Newcastle.

The Turkish full-back has been training with The Magpies over the past few days as he looked to impress manager Glenn Roeder.

Bulut is currently with Olympiakos - but he is out-of-contract at the end of the season and will be eligible for a free transfer in June.

The 32-year-old has spoken to skysports.com about how things have been going for him in England.

"I was told from my agent a few days ago that Newcastle wanted to give me a trial to because they are looking for a player for the left side," he told skysports.com.

"I came to Newcastle and I passed the medical exams. Today I took part in the training. I followed all the training, including the practice game and the tactics.

"I was welcomed by the players, the coach and the staff. Right now I am with Emre who has told me a lot of things about the club. Everything is perfect here. The facilities, the people, the city.

"I will now leave for Athens as they have the league game and they are all focused on this game.

"I think that at the beginning of the next week I am going to know if I will sign with Newcastle or not.

"My agent makes the contacts and he is going to discuss terms and conditions with them. If I am going to sign, its going to be for two years. I want to take the chance and prove myself in the Premier League playing for such a big club like Newcastle."

Erm, someone should tell him...

Why did he have to pass medical examination if the club has absolutely no intention to sign him? If his only job was to make Emre happy, did he need an AIDS-test, or what?

Erm, someone should tell him...

Why did he have to pass medical examination if the club has absolutely no intention to sign him? If his only job was to make Emre happy, did he need an AIDS-test, or what?

:lol:

sad day for the toon if we get a journeyman on trial who hardly any bodys heard of and cannot get a game anywhere but here .how far have we have fallen, 4 years ago this simply would not have happened . :'(

Defies belief, if we sign a top player it's a Hollywood signing, if we have a look at a player we haven't heard of before the club is in debt etc etc.

Terrific logic.

so you think its ok to sign s**** then .

1. He's not signing

2. How do you know he's s***?

Bayern Munich's interest in Emre has been known for some time, and the Chronicle revealed on March 19 that Hertha Berlin were also keen on the 26-year-old Turkish international.

It was in the summer of 2001 that a then 19-year-old Emre left Turkey in a move from Galatasaray to Inter Milan, but he still suffers from a bit of homesickness.

That's one of the reasons why United brought his Turkish compatriot Erol Bulut, who shares the same agent as Emre, across to St James' Park for a couple of days' training this week. But United have absolutely no intention of signing the 32-year-old Turk, even though he can play in the position they need to fill more than any other in the close season - left-back.

Indeed, Glenn Roeder told me today: "I am looking to bring in players who are under 25 and whose best days are in front of them, not behind them."

well peeps looks like we wasted skin for nowt .team of younger pros next season by those comments too

1. try reading my posts before making comments like above and in answer to 2. imho he is shit i have seen him play a couple of times in the past

Guest Albert Ayler

Why did Bulut need a medical examination for a trial, yet Bernard signed without a medical?

Guest Albert Ayler

If he doesn't sign can I be the first to say we've dodged a BULUT

What are you Turking about?

Guest Stephen927

I doubt he'll be the only left back we'll look at. Might be alright to bring in as back-up, can't see him being good enough to hold down the position permanently.

Guest invisible28

i know this player very good i always thought how the hell he can play pro football because he is very crap in my opinion.

I don't know much about him but reading his website, he's played four seasons with Fenerbahce from 95-99, not sure why its not on Wikipedia. Was apparently awarded one of the best foreigners last season.  Its a trial afterall, I can't understand how some of you say he's s*** when you haven't even seen him play. Unless you're going by fifa07 or pes.  Looks like he has a lot of experience but that's all I can comment on, never seen him play.

Surely for a 32 year old with no major accomplishments in his footballing career (except winning the Turkish league over a decade ago) that's reverse logic? It's not like we're saying some unknown 18 year old is the next Pele based on his profile in a computer game. This is real life "accomplishments" we're talking about, and they're rather underwhelming to say the least..

shouldn't have signed shearer tbh

sad day for the toon if we get a journeyman on trial who hardly any bodys heard of and cannot get a game anywhere but here .how far have we have fallen, 4 years ago this simply would not have happened . :'(

Defies belief, if we sign a top player it's a Hollywood signing, if we have a look at a player we haven't heard of before the club is in debt etc etc.

Terrific logic.

so you think its ok to sign s**** then .

1. He's not signing

2. How do you know he's s***?

Bulut hopes for two-year United deal

Apr 7 2007

By Stuart Rayner, The Journal

Erol Bulut

Erol Bulut hopes to find out next week if he will be part of Newcastle United's squad for next season.

The German-born Turk has been on trial from Olympiakos of Athens this week and is hopeful he has made as favourable an impression on the club as it has on him.

"I was welcomed by the players, the coach and the staff," he said. "Emre has told me a lot of things about the club. Everything is perfect here. The facilities, the people, the city."

The 32-year-old, who has also had spells at Fenerbahçe and Eintracht Frankfurt, can play either at left-back or on the left of midfield. He will be on a free transfer in the summer. The sticking point could be the length of contract he is demanding. Bulut wants a two-year deal, something the Magpies have not been prepared to offer Antoine Sibierski, who is also 32.

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

"I was told from my agent that Newcastle wanted to give me a trial to because they are looking for a player for the left side," he said. "I came to Newcastle, passed the medical exams and took part in training. I followed all the training, including the practice game and the tactics.

"I think at the beginning of the next week I am going to know if I will sign.

"My agent (Ahmet Bulut) makes the contacts and he is going to discuss terms and conditions with them. If I am going to sign, its going to be for two years. I want to take the chance and prove myself in the Premier League playing for such a big club like Newcastle."   

so if you seem to know so much someone somewhere is not telling the truth .