Foreign clubs

Stevie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PSG are everything that is wrong with modern football

A nobody team founded from a merger between two no mark sides in the 1970's. They got big on the back of Canal+ being the major shareholders in the club and plastering them all over the media. They've hardly won anything either despite being richer and more powerful than most clubs in France for the past two decades

I also dislike Juventus for their decades of cheating and for having no real supporters

Don't like Real Madrid either for the politics over the years and stuff like being financially bailed out by the government

So much to hate on that list... from racism, to extremely violent histories (surprised Red Star Belgrade didn't make the list - they did produce Arkan and its hoolies were responsible for rape camps and genocide... but no matter), sectarian violence, arrogance, anti-semitism, fascism...

All that and I voted for "other" because I really can't bear the site of Guadalajara FC (AKA "Chivas") or any of its fans - the makemesque red stripes and the subversive rascist nationalism they openly endorse just plain irritate me.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Will you ignorant fuckers stop referring to Scottish clubs as foreign

Stevie can't help it, he's got a handicap, but you other people should know better

Guest Invicta_Toon

Stevie can't help it, he's got a handicap, but you other people should know better

Its a different country. Did you miss that day at school?

don't be fucking ignorant

Ignorant? They're a different country. Therefore, technically, they are foreign. Get over it/yourself.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ignorant? They're a different country. Therefore, technically, they are foreign. Get over it/yourself.

except they're not

go and look it up if you need to. Eejit

except they're not

go and look it up if you need to. Eejit

Yes, they are. What country do you think they're in, like? :lol:

To be fair, Scotland is not technically a country, Vic is correct.  They are a country in a romantic, maybe even patriotic sense, but it is not officially a nation/country.  Vic being pointless, though.

Guest Invicta_Toon

To be fair, Scotland is not technically a country, Vic is correct.  They are a country in a romantic, maybe even patriotic sense, but it is not officially a nation/country.  Vic being pointless, though.

Monkey being a monkey tbh

people should be jailed for this level of ignorance tbh

To be fair, Scotland is not technically a country, Vic is correct.

Sorry, yes, its techniclaly a "kingdom" or soemthing, isn't it.

However, in football terms, as in all terms, it is effectively a different country. The difference is semantics - some definitions have all of the "home nations" as countries.

Guest Invicta_Toon

However, in football terms, as in all terms, it is effectively a different country. The difference is semantics - some definitions have all of the "home nations" as countries.

right, so now Gibraltar is a separate country too?

right, so now Gibraltar is a separate country too?

In football terms, yes.

In political terms, its a territory, or somesuch, yes Teacher?

Barcelona. Biggest playacters in Spain (which is some achievement). Posh, arrogant fans too. I lost any respect for them when their fans sang anti-Madrid songs at Celtic Park after the Madrid bombings, and refused to wear black armbands in honour of it, instead wearing the catalan colours.

Bunch of petty stuck up bastards. I don't understand how so many English (and other European) people see them as some romantic, anti-establishment people's club. They're the richest city in Spain and are famous over there for being stuck-up. A club which has disappeared up its own arse.

I don't like Real Madrid one bit but I've grown to prefer them over Barca these days.

Barcelona.... their fans never took defeat with gracefully

I'm sure if you ask some Liverpool fans they'll disagree with that.

I was in Liverpool and spoke to some of the Barca fans after the game, and they didn't take it too well. I was with my Spanish housemate from Seville (a big Seville fan, but he wanted Barca to win to keep them occupied during the title race). They spoke to me in Spanish but refused to speak to my friend likewise and spoke to him in Catalan (which obviously he doesn't speak). How childish is that. Like I say a bunch of petty arseholes.

PSG are everything that is wrong with modern football

A nobody team founded from a merger between two no mark sides in the 1970's. They got big on the back of Canal+ being the major shareholders in the club and plastering them all over the media. They've hardly won anything either despite being richer and more powerful than most clubs in France for the past two decades

I also dislike Juventus for their decades of cheating and for having no real supporters

Don't like Real Madrid either for the politics over the years and stuff like being financially bailed out by the government

Spot on! I hope to god PSG get relegated. It's such a nothing, bizare club. If you go around Paris you see more Marseille shirts, probably even more english football shirts than you do PSG. I was shocked just how little an effect it has on the city. You could say well if Arsenal was the only big London club it'd probably be the same, but i doubt it.

Doubt anyone would care if they got relegated tbh.