Roeder: Don't blame clubs

Dokko

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=459105&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Roeder:+Don

Glenn Roeder says the authorities must crack down on football's hooligans.

The Newcastle boss admits he was appalled by the scenes during Manchester United's Champions League clash with Roma on Wednesday.

Roeder says too often the authorities punish the clubs for trouble rather than taking decisive action against the hooligans.

He insists most clubs do everything within their power to rid the game of trouble-makers, but need the support of the authorities to deal with them effectively.

"They are not the real football supporters, but they will use the club they allegedly support as a vehicle to go out and be violent, and we have got to be mindful of that," explained Roeder.

"Sometimes, we say blame the clubs, but lots of clubs do everything within their power to make sure there is no violence in and around their ground.

"But if there is a group of people who want to make trouble, what are the clubs meant to do?

"You punish the clubs at times when they have done everything they could.

"What about punishing the perpetrators, really punishing them, instead of threatening the clubs with fines or losing points?

"The clubs can only do so much. Where has self-control gone in the world?

"Football has become around the world such a focal point in people's lives, people who want to be violent will use their local club as a means to be violent."

Who decided to call Roeder of all people for comment on this?  Or did he just phone up "You're On Sky Sports?"

:lol:

Probably!

He's got a fuking opinion on everything hasn't he? Can't keep it shut for one moment.

Guest BooBoo

Agreed. I wish Glenda would just give his trap (not a rat related joke btw) a rest. He's always mouthing off about one thing or t'other.

could it be he was asked at the clubs "day before match " press conference.if he'd said "it's got nowt to do with me really" he'd still get slagged off.

is there a growing "let's slag off roeder whichever way he answers" agenda ?

could it be he was asked at the clubs "day before match " press conference.if he'd said "it's got nowt to do with me really" he'd still get slagged off.

There are a number of solutions if there is. Primarily Roeder should shut the fuck up and gain respect through his teams before spouting shite, no?

Guest Invicta_Toon

There are a number of solutions if there is. Primarily Roeder should shut the fuck up and gain respect through his teams before spouting shite, no?

So Mr Roeder, what do you think of the appaling scenes in Europe over the weekend?

No comment

But aren't you a little bit concerned?

No comment

It doesn't concern you at all, what with you being manager of the only Premiership club to have qualified for Europe more times than the top four?

No comment. Now fuck off my phone line, I've got some Turkish kebab orders to phone through

So Mr Roeder, what do you think of the appaling scenes in Europe over the weekend?

No comment

No comment

It doesn't concern you at all, what with you being manager of the only Premiership club to have qualified for Europe more times than the top four?

No comment. Now fuck off my phone line, I've got some Turkish kebab orders to phone through

Do you think anyone is interested in what he says? Most people care about opinions from those they respect.

Roeder? He is nothing but a rent a quote when nobody of substance is willing to give a journalist their thoughts.

No comment

No comment

Really, you think Sky were camped outside Roeders house shouting this stuff at him every time he twitched the curtains?  Where are the other articles on skysports.com from all the other managers in the league they asked?

so why don't we have articles from Chris Coleman and Neil Warnock and Paul Jewell on it?

so why don't we have articles from Chris Coleman and Neil Warnock and Paul Jewell on it?

That's already been answered, they were out of contact with the press, they'll have been getting ready for the games today.

Guest Ridzuan

Well obviously,he doesnt have to open his big mouth and give his views on this issue,but I think he has some good points there.Hopefully such cases will not happen on us in the future and hopefully,the clubs involve will not be punish for the fans irresponsible behaviours.