Fratton Park

Fugazi

I'd love to go to Fratton Park, looks fucking quality. I love those old school grounds that are built into an old housing estate. Much prefer going to grounds like that than massive ones like Old Trafford or all these other identi-kit grounds you see everywhere.

Guest eyeball_tickler

the away end is the worst stand in the league. the only redeeming feature of it is the amdy faye mural on the back wall.

the away end is the worst stand in the league. the only redeeming feature of it is the amdy faye mural on the back wall.

What, has some twat smeared shit all over the wall?

Guest eyeball_tickler

What, has some t*** smeared s*** all over the wall?

worse. an actual lovingly created painting of him. its worth going all that way just to see it.

Guest BooBoo

Make sure you kill the guy with the bell,f****** annoying basterd..

Sat near him for the England vs Turkey game at the stadium of light  :rant:

The bugger was about five rows back from me during England v Azerbaijan.

Make sure you kill the guy with the bell,f****** annoying basterd..

Sat near him for the England vs Turkey game at the stadium of light  :rant:

The bugger was about five rows back from me during England v Azerbaijan.

You were not far infront of me then, i was sat next to him! He's actually a nice man, some jocks were giving him grief like. No harm done, apart from to the ear drum.

Been there twice.  Crap atmosphere from us both times.  I think because it's so far away, alot of the toon fans were from the south, and thus didnt know the songs etc.  Bit of a hole.

"Shall we build a stand for you" :lol:

And the bell is very annoying.  I iinitially thought it was a spanner being hit against metal.  They've never made a good atmosphere when ive been there.  Noise, like that bell, but no songs.

Guest Definitely Maybe

It's a total shit hole

I'd love to go to Fratton Park, looks f****** quality. I love those old school grounds that are built into an old housing estate. Much prefer going to grounds like that than massive ones like Old Trafford or all these other identi-kit grounds you see everywhere.

Honestly, it's a fucking shithole. I totally agree with you about old school grounds, but Fratton has to be seen to be believed.

The lack of roof means theres no chance of generating any kind of atmosphere from the away end.

It's a total s*** hole

I'd love to go to Fratton Park, looks f****** quality. I love those old school grounds that are built into an old housing estate. Much prefer going to grounds like that than massive ones like Old Trafford or all these other identi-kit grounds you see everywhere.

Honestly, it's a f****** shithole. I totally agree with you about old school grounds, but Fratton has to be seen to be believed.

The lack of roof means theres no chance of generating any kind of atmosphere from the away end.

The first time I went was in our promotion season, it was absolutely s**** then, but now dear me.  I went there last season and literally all they've done is put seats on the terrace, and that's it.  I'm not one of these that likes being pampered, going to places like Grimsby in the past and the Baseball Ground, Roker, and even Blackburn pre 1993, absolutely piss on anything in the Premiership now, but Fratton Park oh dear.  ONE BOG for 3,000 away fans, there is absolutely no chance of creating an atmosphere, as for their atmosphere being great, twice I've been it was pure s****.  Some daft c*** ringing a bell and 1500 giddies monotously singing der der der der der der der der Porstmuff, and that's on a good day. 

Where do these football myths come from??  They're a s*** club they're 5-1 down to Arsenal, it's their first time in the limelight for decades, so a few of them sing a couple of songs and clueless arseholes (clearly of the SKY generation ilk - no offence Brummie, you're in the majority not the minority), now say they're the best fans in the country.  Between 1994 and 1999 they didn't average over 9,000.  s*** club, s*** city, s*** ground, s*** fuckin fans, nothing club f*** off to the Championship.   Don't think about having a night out there, hand on heart it rivals anywhere I've ever been for charvers, anywhere.  It's like one big Ashington, but the people are even uglier.

Honestly, it's a f****** shithole. I totally agree with you about old school grounds, but Fratton has to be seen to be believed.

The first time I went was in our promotion season, it was absolutely s**** then, but now dear me.  I went their last season and literally all they've done is put seats on the terrace, and that's it.  I'm not one of these that likes being pampered, going to places like Grimsby in the past and the Baseball Ground, Roker, and even Blackburn pre 1993, absolutely piss on anything in the Premiership now, but Fratton Park oh dear.  ONE BOG for 3,000 away fans, there is absolutely no chance of creating an atmosphere, as for their atmosphere being great, twice I've been it was pure s****.  Some daft c*** ringing a bell and 1500 giddies monotously singing der der der der der der der der Porstmuff, and that's on a good day. 

Where do these football myths come from??  They're a s*** club they're 5-1 down to Arsenal, it's their first time in the limelight for decades, so a few of them sing a couple of songs and clueless arseholes (clearly of the SKY generation ilk - no offence Brummie, you're in the majority not the minority), now say they're the best fans in the country.  Between 1994 and 1999 they didn't average over 9,000.  s*** club, s*** city, s*** ground, s*** fuckin fans, nothing club f*** off to the Championship.  Don't think about having a night out there, hand on heart it rivals anywhere I've ever been for charvers, anywhere.  It's like one big Ashington, but the people are even uglier.

Fantastic rant  :lol:

It's a total s*** hole

The first time I went was in our promotion season, it was absolutely shite then, but now dear me.  I went their last season and literally all they've done is put seats on the terrace, and that's it.  I'm not one of these that likes being pampered, going to places like Grimsby in the past and the Baseball Ground, Roker, and even Blackburn pre 1993, absolutely piss on anything in the Premiership now, but Fratton Park oh dear.  ONE BOG for 3,000 away fans, there is absolutely no chance of creating an atmosphere, as for their atmosphere being great, twice I've been it was pure shite.  Some daft cunt ringing a bell and 1500 giddies monotously singing der der der der der der der der Porstmuff, and that's on a good day. 

Where do these football myths come from??  They're a shit club they're 5-1 down to Arsenal, it's their first time in the limelight for decades, so a few of them sing a couple of songs and clueless arseholes (clearly of the SKY generation ilk - no offence Brummie, you're in the majority not the minority), now say they're the best fans in the country.  Between 1994 and 1999 they didn't average over 9,000.  Shit club, shit city, shit ground, shit fuckin fans, nothing club fuck off to the Championship.  Don't think about having a night out there, hand on heart it rivals anywhere I've ever been for charvers, anywhere.  It's like one big Ashington, but the people are even uglier.

:lol:

Christ, really?

I can imagine the one bog is worth avoiding aswell.

It's a total s*** hole

The first time I went was in our promotion season, it was absolutely s**** then, but now dear me.  I went their last season and literally all they've done is put seats on the terrace, and that's it.  I'm not one of these that likes being pampered, going to places like Grimsby in the past and the Baseball Ground, Roker, and even Blackburn pre 1993, absolutely piss on anything in the Premiership now, but Fratton Park oh dear.  ONE BOG for 3,000 away fans, there is absolutely no chance of creating an atmosphere, as for their atmosphere being great, twice I've been it was pure s****.  Some daft c*** ringing a bell and 1500 giddies monotously singing der der der der der der der der Porstmuff, and that's on a good day. 

Where do these football myths come from??  They're a s*** club they're 5-1 down to Arsenal, it's their first time in the limelight for decades, so a few of them sing a couple of songs and clueless arseholes (clearly of the SKY generation ilk - no offence Brummie, you're in the majority not the minority), now say they're the best fans in the country.  Between 1994 and 1999 they didn't average over 9,000.  s*** club, s*** city, s*** ground, s*** fuckin fans, nothing club f*** off to the Championship.   Don't think about having a night out there, hand on heart it rivals anywhere I've ever been for charvers, anywhere.  It's like one big Ashington, but the people are even uglier.

Christ, really?

I think it's 2 cubicals and 4 urinals for all the men

It's a total s*** hole

The first time I went was in our promotion season, it was absolutely shite then, but now dear me.  I went their last season and literally all they've done is put seats on the terrace, and that's it.  I'm not one of these that likes being pampered, going to places like Grimsby in the past and the Baseball Ground, Roker, and even Blackburn pre 1993, absolutely piss on anything in the Premiership now, but Fratton Park oh dear.  ONE BOG for 3,000 away fans, there is absolutely no chance of creating an atmosphere, as for their atmosphere being great, twice I've been it was pure shite.  Some daft cunt ringing a bell and 1500 giddies monotously singing der der der der der der der der Porstmuff, and that's on a good day. 

Where do these football myths come from??  They're a shit club they're 5-1 down to Arsenal, it's their first time in the limelight for decades, so a few of them sing a couple of songs and clueless arseholes (clearly of the SKY generation ilk - no offence Brummie, you're in the majority not the minority), now say they're the best fans in the country.  Between 1994 and 1999 they didn't average over 9,000.  Shit club, shit city, shit ground, shit fuckin fans, nothing club fuck off to the Championship.   Don't think about having a night out there, hand on heart it rivals anywhere I've ever been for charvers, anywhere.  It's like one big Ashington, but the people are even uglier.

brilliant Stevie mate, and sooooo correct too

It's a total s*** hole

Where do these football myths come from??  They're a s*** club they're 5-1 down to Arsenal, it's their first time in the limelight for decades, so a few of them sing a couple of songs and clueless arseholes (clearly of the SKY generation ilk - no offence Brummie, you're in the majority not the minority), now say they're the best fans in the country.  Between 1994 and 1999 they didn't average over 9,000.  s*** club, s*** city, s*** ground, s*** fuckin fans, nothing club f*** off to the Championship.   Don't think about having a night out there, hand on heart it rivals anywhere I've ever been for charvers, anywhere.  It's like one big Ashington, but the people are even uglier.

Christ, really?

Well I was staying with me sister in London, so I was on my own at Pompey, it's only 80/90 mins or so on the train from Waterloo, for anyone that's using that route.  Anyway the match was shite, so the first thing I wanted was a pint at half time, but it's hardly equipped with four bog rolls let alone beer pumps.  The nearest pub was 2 minutes walk up the road, the steward let me out as well after lying for my reasons of needing to pop out and pop back in, but when I got to the pub they'd stopped serving and there were 15 toon fans in there that had been chucked oot, so I got back in to the ground, no beer, fuckin bog was a disgrace, if 30 people out of 3,000 needed a shite at half time there's no way the bog could cope, disgraceful place.  Until you've been to places like Fratton Park and Portsmouth itself, you don't know how lucky you are.

tbh, i didnt think portsmouth as a place was bad.  I liked the area down by the water.  Though the water means it gets foggy too.  Remember one of the times it started to creep onto the pitch.

Paul Merson was even saying it was a dump yesterday, and one of the reasons pompy are in the prem

tbh, i didnt think portsmouth as a place was bad.  I liked the area down by the water.  Though the water means it gets foggy too.  Remember one of the times it started to creep onto the pitch.

Paul Merson was even saying it was a dump yesterday, and one of the reasons pompy are in the prem

The area beside the water is a tiny part, and even then it's scruffy to say it's had millions spent on it around the millennium time.  What is the point of that big tower thing?  Cost millions that.  The centre of the city, well it has no Eldon Square, the best thing it has is a poor mans "Bridges" (Sunderland).