Rate the following managers

alpal78

There is no doubt in my mind that not only is the EPL right at the top in terms of the quality of teams, but also in terms of top notch managers. Fergie, Mourinho, Benitez and Wenger are amongst the world's best. Rate them from 1 to 10 (10 being awesome and 1 being 'doing a Roeder') on the following attribute of the four respective managers. 

Tactics

Psychology/Mind Games

Developing Players

Transfer Dealings (it's true that the scouts are usually the one who makes the recommendations, but the manager still makes the final call)

My ratings are as below

Fergie

Tactics - 7

Psychology/Mind Games - 9

Developing players - 9

Transfer Dealings - 6

Mourinho

Tactics - 9

Psychology/Mind Games - 10

Developing players - 6

Transfer Dealings - 7

Benitez

Tactics - 8

Psychology/Mind Games - 5

Developing players - 7

Transfer Dealings - 8

Wenger

Tactics - 8

Psychology/Mind Games - 7

Developing players - 10

Transfer Dealings - 9

Just for fun

Roeder

Tactics -  mackems.gif

Psychology/Mind Games -  :uglystupid2:

Developing players - 7

Transfer Dealings -  :idiot2:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Is this like managerial Hot or Not?  Mourinho is a definite hottie, the rest I can take or leave.

the accountant appreciates the effect of money

Guest Gemmill

Is this like managerial Hot or Not?  Mourinho is a definite hottie, the rest I can take or leave.

the accountant appreciates the effect of money

The student smells.

Alex Ferguson is more tactically astute than Arsene- Fact

IMO, Arsenal have never recovered from that game that they lost their long unbeaten run at Old Trafford. Gary Neville kicked Reyes off the pitch (He's been shite since), and the rest of them took a load of bruises home too. I don't think they've looked half as good since...they all act like babies every time they get a kick, consistently get beat every time they head north...Never come close to winning the premiership since, I don't think they will for a good while yet. I'm not sure booting the fook out of the opposition qualifies as being "tactically astute" or if it fits in the whole psychology bracket but Taggart deserves some credit for ending that period of Arsenal dominance.

Still an overrated chequebook manager bully tho  :laugh:

Alex Ferguson is more tactically astute than Arsene- Fact

IMO, Arsenal have never recovered from that game that they lost their long unbeaten run at Old Trafford. Gary Neville kicked Reyes off the pitch (He's been s**** since), and the rest of them took a load of bruises home too. I don't think they've looked half as good since...they all act like babies every time they get a kick, consistently get beat every time they head north...Never come close to winning the premiership since, I don't think they will for a good while yet. I'm not sure booting the fook out of the opposition qualifies as being "tactically astute" or if it fits in the whole psychology bracket but Taggart deserves some credit for ending that period of Arsenal dominance.

Still an overrated chequebook manager bully tho  :laugh:

Arsenal played the same team, the same way all the time up until they sold Vieira. Was it the FA Cup Quarter Final some years back when Fergie went 5 in midfield (before it was common) against a very strong Arsenal midfield, which imo won them the match.

Selling RVN was also a great tactical decision. Old Horseface is still probably a better striker than Saha but he couldn't fit in with Alex idea.

And waiting to bring Sheringham and Solskjaer on till the last 10 minutes was a tactically master stroke :lol:

There is no doubt in my mind that not only is the EPL right at the top in terms of the quality of teams, but also in terms of top notch managers. Fergie, Mourinho, Benitez and Wenger are amongst the world's best. Rate them from 1 to 10 (10 being awesome and 1 being 'doing a Roeder') on the following attribute of the four respective managers. 

Tactics

Psychology/Mind Games

Developing Players

Transfer Dealings (it's true that the scouts are usually the one who makes the recommendations, but the manager still makes the final call)

My ratings are as below

Fergie

Tactics - 7

Psychology/Mind Games - 7 (sometimes backfires and he is his own ememy dealing with the press).

Developing players - 8

Transfer Dealings - 5

Mourinho (At the moment the only manager who has the 'X' factor).

Tactics - 8

Psychology/Mind Games - 9

Developing players - 5

Transfer Dealings - 5

Benitez

Tactics - 6

Psychology/Mind Games - 5

Developing players - 6

Transfer Dealings - 7

Wenger

Tactics - 7

Psychology/Mind Games - 7

Developing players - 10

Transfer Dealings - 8.2

Just for fun

Roeder I'll go with that.  :lol:

Tactics -  mackems.gif

Psychology/Mind Games -  :uglystupid2:

Developing players - 7

Transfer Dealings -  :idiot2:

I wouldn't give Wenger 10/10 for transfers. Obviously he's found some absolutely blinding players, but he's also wasted a lot on shite - Jeffers and Wright must have been about £15m?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Fergie

Wenger

Rafa

Mourinho

Roeder