Best non-NUFC game you've ever seen.

Mowen

No contest for me - Brazil v Italy 1982 World Cup. Was gutted about the result though.

Bealing iirc. ;)

If that means the same as bubbling, then aye.

As has been mentioned above, Euro 2004.

Czech Rep v Holland

Just pure footballing bliss, 5 goals, 2 incredible saves by both keepers, the workwork was hit 4 times, 2 teams who wanted to win playing attacking football.

Didn't one of the teams (the Czechs iirc) have a man sent off?

Any Manchester City win in the derby. :laugh:

Or, more appropiately, One i don't think has been mentioned that I'll throw into the mix - Barcelona 3-2 Valencia - When Rivaldo scored a long range overhead kick in the last minute to complete a hattrick and qualify his team for the champions league. That was Orgasmic. Every great game needs a last minute decider!

RE: a few other games that have been mentioned. City 4-3 Spurs game, I thought it was great in the end but the first half was horrible, I'm not sure that qualifies. Best 45 minutes ever tho.

And, the Brazil-England 1970 Game, that was repeated in its entirety on TV one sunday night a couple of years back. Watched it all...I'm firmly in the it was utter, utter shite camp. I know it was hot but the game was played at such a slow pace - boring as fook!

Guest teepee

denmark 2 germany 0 - 1992 european cup final - not the best match, but we won the fucking european championship :D

Thinking about it, wasn't there an amazing Charlton 4-3 Villa game a few years back in the prem? I'm fairly sure Charlton kept going one up, only to be pegged back each time. I remember it being a classic, but not much else, and any number of the details from this post could be wrong. Make you wonder why I bothered typing it.

Thinking about it, wasn't there an amazing Charlton 4-3 Villa game a few years back in the prem? I'm fairly sure Charlton kept going one up, only to be pegged back each time. I remember it being a classic, but not much else, and any number of the details from this post could be wrong. Make you wonder why I bothered typing it.

Charlton 4-4 West Ham?  I remember something like that. I think Paul Kitson scored a hattrick  ???

Charlton 4-4 West Ham?  I remember something like that. I think Paul Kitson scored a hattrick  ???

Maybe. Coulda sworn it was Villa, brummie would probably be able to confirm or refute this. Seem to remember Mendonca scoring a winner as well but as I say, the memory's a bit hazy on this one.

Was this the game where an outfield player went in goal for Charlton near the end?

Yes, it was Villa 3 - Charlton 4, 99 or 2000 I think. Their keeper was sent off, but I think it was Danny Mills who scored the winner, and it may have been in injury time. It was indeed them going ahead, us pegging them back and so on.

I seem to remember we had someone sent off as well, actually.

Was this the game where an outfield player went in goal for Charlton near the end?

Yes, it was Villa 3 - Charlton 4, 99 or 200 I think. Their keeper was sent off, but I think it was Danny Mills who scored the winner, and it may have been in injury time. It was indeed them going ahead, us pegging them back and so on.

I seem to remember we had someone sent off as well, actually.

I'm just pleased the game existed.

Guest smoggeordie

Peterborough 4 Some duckeggs I can't remember 5.  It was about 14 years ago it was only my second ever match. Anyone find the opponents etc gets a gold star.

1970 World cup Brazil v Italy greatest game in the history of the world bar none guaranteed next ...

People walking around in 110 degree heat.  That game was obviously a classic, but there used to be a song on Fantasy Football League that went "Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap etc...."  I've watched the 1966 World Cup Final in full, players made mistakes in that game that would be unacceptable in the Conference now.  That memorable goal by Carlos Alberto wouldn't have even been conceded by a back four of Carr Bramble Ramage and Huntingdon now.

That may or may not be so, but it's one of my favourite goals of all time. Love watching it.

Greatest goal of all time imo. i agree that it may not have been scored now, but you can only play against what is infront of you

Guest Invicta_Toon

there was about 1 brilliant game during the last world cup, and I have completely forgotten what it was

1970 World cup Brazil v Italy greatest game in the history of the world bar none guaranteed next ...

People walking around in 110 degree heat.  That game was obviously a classic, but there used to be a song on Fantasy Football League that went "Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap etc...."  I've watched the 1966 World Cup Final in full, players made mistakes in that game that would be unacceptable in the Conference now.  That memorable goal by Carlos Alberto wouldn't have even been conceded by a back four of Carr Bramble Ramage and Huntingdon now.

That may or may not be so, but it's one of my favourite goals of all time. Love watching it.

Greatest goal of all time imo. i agree that it may not have been scored now, but you can only play against what is infront of you

My favourite goal of all-time, greatest or not is a matter of debate. I couldn't give a shit though. Fucking class.

Guest brewer

there was about 1 brilliant game during the last world cup, and I have completely forgotten what it was

Mexico v Argentina.

Although I thought the extra time period or Germany/Italy was fantastic.

Great tactical move by Benitez to mark him out of the game. Should've done the same when his lot came to SJP this year.

didn't notice Kaka playing for your lot that day ;)