Best non-NUFC game you've ever seen.

Mowen

1970 World cup Brazil v Italy greatest game in the history of the world bar none guaranteed next ...

People walking around in 110 degree heat.  That game was obviously a classic, but there used to be a song on Fantasy Football League that went "Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap etc...."  I've watched the 1966 World Cup Final in full, players made mistakes in that game that would be unacceptable in the Conference now.  That memorable goal by Carlos Alberto wouldn't have even been conceded by a back four of Carr Bramble Ramage and Huntingdon now.

That may or may not be so, but it's one of my favourite goals of all time. Love watching it.

I think it is probably the most perfect piece of football ever, it really does make the hair on the back of my neck stand up every time I see it. Especially when you watch the whole build up.

If anyone wants to know why football is the beautiful game, point them at that goal.

Carlos Alberto talks through it here:

(apols to mods and please delete if youtube link not allowed)

I think Argentina's goal against Serbia by Cambiasso was far far better, the best example I've seen of a goal being scored by a patient build up and movement off the ball.

Also England V Scotland in Euro 96 and that Gazza goal, followed up with 4-1 win over Holland with Shearer & Teddy both scoring 2.

Both were simply amazing England moments, ranked up there with 5-1 & the 1-0 Becks pen over Argentina.

More of that, but we won't see it with the balding ginger sad act in charge.  :'(

yeah your right, ive stopped watching england since he's been in charge, the football is painfully boring

those 2 games at euro 96 v the jocks and holland were up there, the atmosphere was electric, definatley the 12th man out there

Makes me think is SGE such a bad idea for us?

England have seriously taken a huge nose dive since he left, and his record was decent with England, poor end, but was always going to be since everyone knew he was leaving, look what happened when strachen said he was leaving Southampton, Fergie with Manu & FS telling us SBR was in his last season?

Belgium Vs USSR Mexico 86 - 4-3 - late night bonanza.

I enjoyed France v Russia from 1986, but solely because it had the great line from John Motson "Rats beats Bats!" (Vassily Rats scoring past Joel Bats).

1970 World cup Brazil v Italy greatest game in the history of the world bar none guaranteed next ...

People walking around in 110 degree heat.  That game was obviously a classic, but there used to be a song on Fantasy Football League that went "Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap, Old football was crap etc...."  I've watched the 1966 World Cup Final in full, players made mistakes in that game that would be unacceptable in the Conference now.  That memorable goal by Carlos Alberto wouldn't have even been conceded by a back four of Carr Bramble Ramage and Huntingdon now.

That may or may not be so, but it's one of my favourite goals of all time. Love watching it.

I think it is probably the most perfect piece of football ever, it really does make the hair on the back of my neck stand up every time I see it. Especially when you watch the whole build up.

If anyone wants to know why football is the beautiful game, point them at that goal.

I think Argentina's goal against Serbia by Cambiasso was far far better, the best example I've seen of a goal being scored by a patient build up and movement off the ball.

I think that was a stunning goal, but the thing I like about the Carlos Alberto goal is that it just had so much nonchalant swagger about it. And the way Pele hardly even bothers to look before flicking it out to his right, he just knows *precisely* where his man is going to be.

Talking about great passing moves for goals I'm sure I've seen one where Holland scored against England after around 22 passes which I thought was a great goal.  Anyone know what I'm on about or am I going crazy?

Cup semi-final, Man U 2, Arsenal 1, the year they did the treble. 1999? Two great, evenly matched teams, going at it hammer and tongs, testing each other to the limit. Looking back, it was the game when I realised that top-class football in this country had moved on to a new level.

I think that was a stunning goal, but the thing I like about the Carlos Alberto goal is that it just had so much nonchalant swagger about it. And the way Pele hardly even bothers to look before flicking it out to his right, he just knows *precisely* where his man is going to be.

You think the pressure on the ball would be the same now?  I've scored better goals on Sensible Soccer.

Talking about great passing moves for goals I'm sure I've seen one where Holland scored against England after around 22 passes which I thought was a great goal.  Anyone know what I'm on about or am I going crazy?

Aye, at Wembley. 2-2 draw, culminating in a brilliant diving header by Johnny Bosman, ye gan back nearly 20 year there.

Aye, at Wembley. 2-2 draw, culminating in a brilliant diving header by Johnny Bosman, ye gan back nearly 20 year there.

Thanks for telling me who scored it.  I had no idea who it was. I've only seen it a few times on video and always thought it was a class goal. 

Liverpool vs Milan,was actually in  Saudi Arabia that day

was in a Cafe (In match days,its like a bar in England,besides of course the fact that Nothing Alcholic is sold :lol )

The Cafe had like a 100 seats,80 for those were for Die Hard Milan fans While i was one of the 10 Liverpool fans in the game,10 of course didnt support any of the two

*Don't Really like/Dislike  Liverpool,its just that i really hate those Italian basterds

Anyway,After the half time they kept taunting us,Singing italian milan related songs,etc (when i say die hard i do mean DIE HARD)..i told some of them that i havn't lost faith in Liverpool yet,and that teams like Liverpool and Man utd never give a game up,that they can still do it,etc (although deep inside i knew it was all fucking over)

So after the seconed half,Liverpool scored 3 goals in 6 mins,just the way that they stoped all the singing and crap,and went from happy to pissed off,shocking,suprised,and all the other emotions was just hilarious,for the next of the game it was all nerves,at the final whistle i was laughing like hell at them

then i remember i am a Newcastle Fan,wich ruined my fucking night knowing that we will never do what Liverpool did that night..

was in a Cafe (In match days,its like a bar in England,besides of course the fact that Nothing Alcholic is sold :lol )

*cough* *cough*

Your just like me so don't act suprised :lol:,you know what i mean

They don't need  Alcohol to be drunk tbh  8)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Chevzchs vs Nederlands Euros is a good shout, what a fantastic game Nedved is one of my favourite players his shot off the bar was immense! Liverpool vs Milan was an incredible game, was pissed off by the result, Kaka absolutely tore them apart in the first half he is nearly as destructive a player as Dyer!

Chevzchs vs Nederlands Euros is a good shout, what a fantastic game Nedved is one of my favourite players his shot off the bar was immense! Liverpool vs Milan was an incredible game, was pissed off by the result, Kaka absolutely tore them apart in the first half he is nearly as destructive a player as Dyer!

Great tactical move by Benitez to mark him out of the game. Should've done the same when his lot came to SJP this year.

AC Milan 4 - 0 Steaua Bucharest                  1989 European Cup Final

Gullit (2), Van Basten (2)

Not so much a great game, but an awesome performance. The best club team I've ever known and this was their peak:

Galli, Tassotti, Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta, Colombo, Rikjaard, Ancelotti, Donadoni, Gullit, Van Basten. (Manager, Arrigo Sacchi)

An awesome team. They'd play any of our "top 4" off the park. Sheer class.

Seem to recall seeing Venezuela and Bolivia having a hell of a game in the early 90's. The grass was cut into the shape of Aztec pyramids iirc.

I must point out that this was tight in the middle of my "cannabis phase". Sure it actually happened though.  :cheesy:

As has been mentioned above, Euro 2004.

Czech Rep v Holland

Just pure footballing bliss, 5 goals, 2 incredible saves by both keepers, the workwork was hit 4 times, 2 teams who wanted to win playing attacking football.

France vs Brazil in the latest world cup

the good old Zidane revival... best because it was the last time we will see the last phenomenon in the true form mastery of magic Zidane. Calmness, remarkable vision, brilliant technique, true leadership... it really describing the true of Zidane of this last decade.