Glenn Roeder

Newcastle Fan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol:

to the roeder sympathisers : fucl off.

the time for nicities is done. roeder must go asap, and i for one - amongst the majority- will be pleased when his damaging tenure is over.

yeah i sympathise,no problem getting rid though for better........theres the problem.....coleman?,o'neill?  not convinced

not convinced that they are better?? he is the worst manager go the league, and our worst for a while. anything would be an improvement. not saying 'anything' is the long term answer, but he is a bloody awful manager.

the time for nicities is done. roeder must go asap, and i for one - amongst the majority- will be pleased when his damaging tenure is over.

yeah i sympathise,no problem getting rid though for better........theres the problem.....coleman?,o'neill?  not convinced

not convinced that they are better?? he is the worst manager go the league, and our worst for a while. anything would be an improvement. not saying 'anything' is the long term answer, but he is a bloody awful manager.

not sure what "go the league"means but saying "anything" would be an improvment is farcical,i see no reason to think pearce,moyes,coleman,redknapp,etc would be any better.....would be happy i f roeder left and redknapp came in,after all it's an improvment in your mind

But that’s not the sum of it; misfortune drapes itself around the shoulders of the Toon and breeds within the supporters a gnawing discomfort: nobody is good enough for them. “Keegan out! Keegan out!” they bellowed at the best manager they’ve had since Harvey, and now it’s “Roeder out!”, the best manager they’ve had since Keegan.

It must be true  :lol:

Bobby who?!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/newcastle/article1654892.ece

What an condecending know nowt cunt that assbonet Rod Liddle is. That article is fucking sickening. >:(

not sure what "go the league"means but saying "anything" would be an improvment is farcical,i see no reason to think pearce,moyes,coleman,redknapp,etc would be any better.....would be happy i f roeder left and redknapp came in,after all it's an improvment in your mind

in, not go, sorry. its this xda.its an idiot.

roeder is the single worst manager in the league, so any replacement from the league would be better, yes.

and if you think Redknapp or Moyes couldn't do better....you're very wrong, and i can't be chewed arguing with that kind of rank stupidity/blindness. look at the league table.

roeder is fucking poison.

i want to keep GR for one more season. This club is too f****** quick to send managers packing. With all the injuries we have had he hasn't done too badly. If we f*** up next season he has absolutely no excuses. I am quite looking forward to see what he comes up with in the transfer window and see if he gets rid of the dead-wood like he says he will.

aye

glad someone agrees

i would say get rid but i don't rate our chances of getting ferguson or wenger,the only two i could honestly beleieve would definitly get us where we think we should be....i wonder if some on here if they supported someone else would look on NUFC this season and think "tonnes of injuries f***** their season"

exactly i don't bumfuck GR, but he has had a lot to deal with this season and TBh could Fergie or Wenger do any better with us this eason

Stay of the glue mate its bad for you!

Wenger has done better, 4th arent they? He has most of the season without Henry,Van Persie, Gallas, Ashley cole never got replaced niether did Sol Cambell, Pires or Veira really. Fabragas has been in his worse form of his life. Walcot has hardly figured.  I`m not an Arsenal expert but i`m sure it may have been worse than that to be honest.  A small squad like Reading have more injury problems than us atm aswell.

Glenn Roeder, has blasted the "negative" people in and around St James's Park he claims are dragging Newcastle United down.

And, while maintaining his job has never been in doubt, the Magpies boss claimed to knows the source of the story that Sven-Goran Eriksson was lined up as his successor.

Roeder admitted to being driven "mad" by the pessimists who claimed United were in relegation danger during their recent slump.

And the positive-thinking boss has vowed to drum all such doom-mongerers out of the club.

"I didn't think our Premiership status was ever in doubt, but unfortunately you're surrounded by negative people in this job," blasted Roeder.

"It sort of drives you mad. Is the world going to come to an end tomorrow? I guarantee it's not. But there'll be plenty of people who say it is.

"Take them away from me; I can't stand negativity. Surround yourself with the lucky and the happy - that's my motto."

The same naysayers questioned Roeder's job security, and one national broadsheet has insisted he will make way for Eriksson (right, with Freddy Shepherd) this summer.

But Roeder added: "I didn't think my position was ever in doubt.

"In the week that Chris Coleman loses his job, people just see an opportunity to make a bit of mischief - and I know where it's coming from.

"I've got much more important things to worry about than that report. It's just fish and chip paper now. The cod's been wrapped up in that. Who gives a monkey's?"

WTF!

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_headline=glenn-has-positive-mental-thoughts-&method=full&objectid=18908428&siteid=50081-name_page.html

Glenn Roeder, has blasted the "negative" people in and around St James's Park he claims are dragging Newcastle United down.

And, while maintaining his job has never been in doubt, the Magpies boss claimed to knows the source of the story that Sven-Goran Eriksson was lined up as his successor.

Roeder admitted to being driven "mad" by the pessimists who claimed United were in relegation danger during their recent slump.

And the positive-thinking boss has vowed to drum all such doom-mongerers out of the club.

"I didn't think our Premiership status was ever in doubt, but unfortunately you're surrounded by negative people in this job," blasted Roeder.

"It sort of drives you mad. Is the world going to come to an end tomorrow? I guarantee it's not. But there'll be plenty of people who say it is.

"Take them away from me; I can't stand negativity. Surround yourself with the lucky and the happy - that's my motto."

The same naysayers questioned Roeder's job security, and one national broadsheet has insisted he will make way for Eriksson (right, with Freddy Shepherd) this summer.

"In the week that Chris Coleman loses his job, people just see an opportunity to make a bit of mischief - and I know where it's coming from.

"I've got much more important things to worry about than that report. It's just fish and chip paper now. The cod's been wrapped up in that. Who gives a monkey's?"

WTF!

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_headline=glenn-has-positive-mental-thoughts-&method=full&objectid=18908428&siteid=50081-name_page.html

Does that make it our fault again this week ? Or a newspapers fault for the shit tactics and football we have to watch?

WTF!

Dont worry be happy=Roeder's motto    :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

If Shepherd doesnt sack this c*** he will be here forever playing average football

ever since, and indeed including keegan, our managers have reached a tangible point in the job where they lose it and it is irretreivable

i've seen it in them all, be it crazy team selections a la gullitt, keegan screaming into cameras, dalglish just patently not having any answer to any of the clubs problems....

so if i've seen it in all of them (and i'm seeing with roeder now in both his comments and selections) so how come after 10 years the fat man can't....it's like he purposefully chooses the wrong time to come out with his "manager going nowhere" diatribe to the press

they usually get sacked not long after

United boss' scouting trip

Apr 15 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Glenn Roeder will fly off on a European scouting mission this week as he closes in on several summer transfer targets.

The Newcastle boss will take in a league game on the Continent, either France or Italy, to run the rule over potential signings.

And he last night insisted that United are in a position to move swiftly at the end of the season to land the men he wants.

"Recruiting for next season is ongoing - we're watching players all the time," said Roeder, chasing three defenders and a midfielder.

"I'm aware of potential signings playing in the Premiership and every weekend we're out and about in Europe. I'm making a trip into Europe on Wednesday following up on a couple of players.

"This season we've clocked up more air miles watching players than ever before."

Roeder, as revealed by the Sunday Sun last month, is confident of landing Reading's Steve Sidwell on a free.

French sources suggest he is also keen on Nancy's left-sided central defender Pape Diakhate. But the United boss is also confident of an imminent off-field signing.

"I hope to be able to make a key appointment in terms of scouting in the very near future," he said. "I think there will be more of a European flavour about our set-up."

WTF!

If Shepherd doesnt sack this c*** he will be here forever playing average football

Lucky = Pearson, Happy = Terry Mac I presume.  :D

What a fucking fruitcake.

sack him.

everybody is fucking sick of his shite, players included probably.

sad thing is, im pretty much hoping we lose the last few games so that things come to a head, souness style and we have no choice but to let him go.

WTF!

What a f****** fruitcake.

http://www.thehappyguy.com/HappyDuck.gif

Glenn poses with his coaching staff

sack him.

everybody is fucking sick of his shite, players included probably.

sad thing is, im pretty much hoping we lose the last few games so that things come to a head, souness style and we have no choice but to let him go.

The question is - would that be enough? Even if we lost the last four games and didn't score a goal, would that be enough for Shepherd to sack him, or would he think "I'll give him the summer, give him a transfer fund and see how he goes"?

I fear the latter, and another August/September sacking...

WTF!

What a f****** fruitcake.

http://www.thehappyguy.com/HappyDuck.gif

Glenn poses with his coaching staff

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Getting paid out in The Telegraph:

Portsmouth (1) 2 Newcastle United (0) 1

For a man who does not like to make excuses for his team, Glenn Roeder plays the injury card an awful lot.

The Newcastle manager was left understandably frustrated by his side's listless performance at Fratton Park - which all but ends their push for Europe - but choosing to trot out the old St James' Park injury curse at the home of Harry Redknapp, a manager who consistently maximises the scant resources available to him, was never going to win him much sympathy.

"The suggestion that we should have done better this season is rubbish," Roeder said. "We've done everything we can but there's other teams who haven't had injuries this year.

"Please don't write that as an excuse. I don't make excuses. But the statistics will tell you that many of our players have been out for long, long periods."

If that's not an excuse, what is? In any case, Roeder should be more worried about the players who are available than those who aren't. Even without Michael Owen - who will play in another friendly this week as he steps up his return from injury - Roeder was still able to call on the services of Obafemi Martins, a striker who cost £10 million.

Behind him, Roeder deployed £5 million winger Damien Duff, Turkey international Emre, and England players past and future in Nicky Butt and James Milner. Hardly scraping the barrel.

The one area where Newcastle were lightweight was in central defence, Steven Taylor and Craig Moore being no match for the invention of Kanu. In fact, he gave Moore such a torrid time that Roeder withdrew the Australian after 30 minutes, by which stage Benjani had already scored.

Matt Taylor extended that lead on 59 minutes with a left-footed strike from 25 yards before Emre pulled one back from the penalty spot after Dejan Stefanovic had upended Milner.

For Newcastle, Martins threatened sporadically but, in the main, he was well shackled by Portsmouth's rearguard of Stefanovic, Sol Campbell, Linvoy Primus and Lauren. "I think that must be the first time that combination has played together," said Redknapp, who could not resist the chance to rub salt into Roeder's wounds. "I know Newcastle spoke to Sol before us but they decided not to pursue it. I'm pleased they didn't take him."

How Newcastle fans must covet a solid, imposing centre-back like Campbell. Or Lauren, for that matter, who moved to Fratton Park for a fraction of the price Newcastle paid for Titus Bramble.

Redknapp, though, reserved his highest praise for goalkeeper David James, whose excellent save from Martins in the dying minutes denied Newcastle an unlikely point.

James' quest to break David Seaman's record of 141 Premiership clean sheets continues, but it is only a matter of time. "He'll go on for another five years. I've never seen anything like him," marvelled Redknapp, who gently mocked Watford's attempt last week to lure James to Vicarage Road next season. "Yeah, I'm sure he'd love to play in the Championship!"

Match details

Portsmouth (4-4-2): James; Lauren, Primus, Campbell, Stefanovic; O'Neil, Davis, Hughes, Taylor; Benjani (LuaLua 73), Kanu (Kranjcar 90).

Subs: Ashdown, Pamarot, Mvuemba.

Booked: Stefanovic, O'Neil.

Newcastle (4-4-2): Harper; Solano, Taylor, Moore (Onyewu 30), Carr; Milner, Butt, Emre, Duff (Luque 81); N'Zogbia (Carroll 46), Martins.

Subs: Srnicek, Babayaro.

Man of the match: Kanu (Portsmouth).

Referee: C Foy (Merseyside).

Att: 20,165