Ashton, Bent, Tevez, Saviola...

KaKa

Tevez isn't a CM though.

If he plays CM he'll have to help out defensively quite a bit and be somewhat of a box-to-box player. That'd be a complete waste of his qualities, namely dropping off his strike partner and being the link man between the out and out striker and the midfield.

It'd be like playing Bergkamp in CM, basically.

------------Given

RB --- Taylor --- CB --- LB

Milner - Parker - CM - N'Zogbia

-------Tevez ---Owen

We could probably build that team with quality players filling in the blanks over the next two summers, and we'd be very good IMO.

I think Tevez and Owen would be a match made in heaven tbh.

The line-up's good and the theory's excellent tbh, Shak. Providing of course that the added installments are up to scratch. Scratch head.

But, on a side note, forget N'Zogbia. He's either going to leave, or be converted into a centre-mid - where he's monumentally shite.

The line-up's good and the theory's excellent tbh, Shak. Providing of course that the added installments are up to scratch. Scratch head.

But, on a side note, forget N'Zogbia. He's either going to leave, or be converted into a centre-mid - where he's monumentally s****.

I know that, I'm just ignoring it as it makes me sad.

The CM in that line up would be very important someone who really can run the show in the middle. Therefore, he'd probably cost a bit and may be out of reach this summer. Think we could get away with Emre/Sidwell in there for another year, though it's not ideal.

Since Tevez would have to be gotten now and we can probably get away with Nobby at RB for one more season my priorities this offseason would be

Tevez

Quality CB

Quality LB

----------------Given

Nobby-- Taylor-- Quality CB - Quality LB

Milner -- Parker -- Emre/Sidwell -- N'Zogbia  ;)

-----------Tevez --- Owen

Subs: Martins, Dyer, Butt, A cheap experienced CB, Harper

Would do me for next year, then the following summer get in a top class RB, top class CM and maybe add some depth and we'd hav a good team IMO.

You not happy with Martins then, Shak?

And yeah, of the crap things that have happened this season, i don't think there's anything that's made me more angry than the N'Zogbia palarva.

..............Given................

Nol.....Tayls....CB.........LB

..............Parker...............

Milner........................Duff

................TEVEZ..............

.........Martins...Owen........

tbh.

Swap Milner for Dyer and that's how I'd want us to play in most away games. For home games, also swap Parker for Emre.

You not happy with Martins then, Shak?

And yeah, of the crap things that have happened this season, i don't think there's anything that's made me more angry than the N'Zogbia palarva.

I'm a big fan of Martins actually, just think that Owen and Tevez would easily form the best partnership of the three. That leaves Martins as the odd man out, though we'll need squad depth for sure.

tbh.

Swap Milner for Dyer and that's how I'd want us to play in most away games. For home games, also swap Parker for Emre.

We'd get raped in midfield if our four players were Dyer, Duff, Emre and Tevez tbh.

You need someone to anchor the midfield and get stuck in defensively, none of those four could do that.

You're that person from smoggieland aren't you ?

It shows.

And you a Geordie? It definitely does show :lol: ...

what are you trying to say about Geordies ?

The benevolent, omnipotent, most revered, most exalted, Geordie Patron that is St Freddie Shepherd has said that Geordies ladies are dogs.

What I am trying to say is simple, you are a bitch. Consider this as a compliment as it is St Shepherd's opinion.

I thought Tevez played superbly first half against Chelsea last night. Second half he went missing with most of the team when they went 1-4 down which is kind of understandable. It was sheer determination to get on the ball and make something happen.

tbh.

You would not get a decent cross  more than once every 5 games or so. Awful midfield.

NE5, why do you keep forgetting that Michael Owen - world class goalscorer in every way... and Shola Ameobi - one in two record under Roeder... are returning next season? There's no wonder we're not scoring many goals when we've only got one striker, who was always going to be touch and go this season, in the side.

My comment is what I think. The problem with Newcastle is how I see it. From a tactical point, I agree with your comment that playing one striker is not very good, but I also think it impacts on the defensive side of the team, the overall shape of the team, as well as the attacking threat [obviously]

I can't believe anyone thinks Ameobi will make a signicant difference to the team - a small one perhaps - and I don't think that the question of Owen and Martins even applies, as I can't see any way in the world they will form an effective front 2 partnership.

Sorry like.

not that i necessarily agree with mr NE5 and his tactical outlook here one important factor keeps getting overlooked with regards to next season - martins will almost certainly be off to the african nations cup which means we'll lose him for what?  4-6 weeks total?

going into the season without signing another striker this summer would be as suicidal as it has been to have started THIS season with such a paper thin squad and without a fullback worthy of the shirt

i'd like to see bookies odds on michael owen and shola ameobi staying fit during the period martins is gone....

tbh.

You would not get a decent cross  more than once every 5 games or so. Awful midfield.

The only way we get decent crosses (on a consistent basis, anyway) is when Nobby overlaps. Milner puts a lot in, but in general it's a weakness in his game.